No tax break for grocery store

Feb 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette

A grocery store wanting to come to Frankfort will not receive a tax break from the city.

Comments
41 - 53 of 53 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

#43 Feb 27, 2013
THANKS "realistic"! Look what we got in ROSSVILLE! If they've got ANYTHING that sells just a TAD more than WAL-Mart buy the HECK out of the Store and Show Wal-Mart that they ain't the ONLY horse in the corral. And they WON'T have ta go ta the "Supermacado" either there Eric! Their are a comin withOUT yer tax abatement! Say's SOMETHIN fer FREE ENTERPRISE!
A realistic resident

Michigantown, IN

#44 Feb 27, 2013
Wow... you have all the answers don't you.

How about why your church is failing?

Thank the good lord above you're not involved around here anymore.

Michigantown, IN

#45 Feb 27, 2013
Michigantown - I have no CLUE who you THINK you are talking to but the CHURCH thing is gettin old? Are YOU in need of SPIRITUAL support or somethin? I HAVE to falling or FAILING church so ya GOT the wrong Guy? so If THIS IS SCOTTY like I THINK it is you and ERIC need ta get ta gether and find somethin ta do cause ya don't know SQUAT about ME!
And I STILL say THANK GOD and THIS COUNTRY in SPITE of GOVERNMENT for FREE ENTERPRISE!!!!!!
A realistic resident

Michigantown, IN

#46 Feb 27, 2013
Still pi$$ed about the whole fiber thing are ya??? Ol Ricky Gunyon shut your ass down didn't he.

If going from a full house to a smattering isn't failing, I don't know what is.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Michigantown, IN

#47 Feb 27, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmm that's All I can say I have NO clue Don't go ta Church and have no clue?????Ya know there was a movie I once saw with a guy laughin like that and they Electricuted him in the end
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Sorry There You Really have the wrong person but I'll bite what are ya talkin about NOW ya got me interested?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#48 Feb 28, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Google Ruler Foods then click on images to see their store front. I hope it looks better than the pictures.
From The Times article:

"During the site meeting Ruler Foods officials agreed to make modifications to their existing plans.

“They didn’t have a brick façade on the front of (the building), and while we were talking with them — there at the meeting — they agreed to put a brick façade on front part of the building,” Payne said.

The changes will help the store fit better with the design of the city.

“It’s going to be a beautiful building,” Mayor Chris McBarnes said.“We hope for this building to be the model building for future businesses coming into our community.”

Store officials also plan to landscape the area to add curb appeal.
“They are going to plant trees on the south property line,” Payne said.“They are going to have green space around the building. They are going to put some kind of hedge or short bushes alongside Hoke Avenue.”"

Michigantown, IN

#49 Feb 28, 2013
They can put GARDEN KNOMES up there on Hoke AVE along with the Bushes! If they have ANY Items just ONE better than WAL-MART buy the BE-JEANS out of the Store and show WAL-MART they aren't the ONLY Horse in the Corral! And Thank Eric Woods and His Buddies, Gunyon and Uitts and Myers that FREE ENTERPRISE still exists in SPITE of THEM and YOU over there will NOT have to shop at his DADDIES and HIS store OR the SUPERMARCADOS!
Anti Nu Viewer

United States

#50 Feb 28, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
They can put GARDEN KNOMES up there on Hoke AVE along with the Bushes! If they have ANY Items just ONE better than WAL-MART buy the BE-JEANS out of the Store and show WAL-MART they aren't the ONLY Horse in the Corral! And Thank Eric Woods and His Buddies, Gunyon and Uitts and Myers that FREE ENTERPRISE still exists in SPITE of THEM and YOU over there will NOT have to shop at his DADDIES and HIS store OR the SUPERMARCADOS!
Rossville has to be disquisted with this clown.

Michigantown, IN

#51 Feb 28, 2013
Anti Nu Viewer wrote:
<quoted text>
Rossville has to be disquisted with this clown.
Why don't you MOVE to Clinton County and PAY TAXES and VOTE "Austin,TX" then you can have a SAY SO.
Provider

Michigantown, IN

#53 Feb 28, 2013
Please see response on another post about the city and state thing. People responding on here could be your next door neighbor.

Frankfort has their own, Indlps, m- town, whatever Verizon's city is, and one other one that escapes me.

Since you have your own account on here, you typed in the town you wanted. Others that register are at the mercy of their Internet companies.

Michigantown, IN

#54 Mar 1, 2013
You are MIS informed - When you Register - YOU have the Ability to put ANY city STATE or COUNTRY that You wish as well as the NAME- Check when you SIGN-IN it ASKS you What LOCATION you Wish to Vistit IE: Forum you want to see. Please don't missunderstand my rhetoric I am MANYTIMES taken for a SINILE old man in ROSSVILE that has NOTHING good to say about our fair County. THAT, my friend is the Furthest from the truth. If you READ my post, I am MEARLY trying to get the people of THIS site to understand that wearing their fingers to the Bone in a public website will do NOTHING but help them to VENT when ALL of the ELECTED officials PHONE numbers are NOW Thank the Lord Listed and You are able to CALL them or Attend the MEETINGS and NOW SPEAK and COMPLAIN in THERE and get your CITY and this COUNTY to CHANGE the way I see in HERE we ALL obviously want change.
resident

Frankfort, IN

#55 Mar 1, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
From The Times article:
"During the site meeting Ruler Foods officials agreed to make modifications to their existing plans.
“They didn’t have a brick façade on the front of (the building), and while we were talking with them — there at the meeting — they agreed to put a brick façade on front part of the building,” Payne said.
The changes will help the store fit better with the design of the city.
“It’s going to be a beautiful building,” Mayor Chris McBarnes said.“We hope for this building to be the model building for future businesses coming into our community.”
Store officials also plan to landscape the area to add curb appeal.
“They are going to plant trees on the south property line,” Payne said.“They are going to have green space around the building. They are going to put some kind of hedge or short bushes alongside Hoke Avenue.”"
Thanks for the post. I certainly hope that is the case.
Provider

Michigantown, IN

#56 Mar 1, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
You are MIS informed - When you Register - YOU have the Ability to put ANY city STATE or COUNTRY that You wish as well as the NAME- Check when you SIGN-IN it ASKS you What LOCATION you Wish to Vistit IE: Forum you want to see. Please don't missunderstand my rhetoric I am MANYTIMES taken for a SINILE old man in ROSSVILE that has NOTHING good to say about our fair County. THAT, my friend is the Furthest from the truth. If you READ my post, I am MEARLY trying to get the people of THIS site to understand that wearing their fingers to the Bone in a public website will do NOTHING but help them to VENT when ALL of the ELECTED officials PHONE numbers are NOW Thank the Lord Listed and You are able to CALL them or Attend the MEETINGS and NOW SPEAK and COMPLAIN in THERE and get your CITY and this COUNTY to CHANGE the way I see in HERE we ALL obviously want change.
Exactly...when you register.

If you don't and just post instead, then the city could say whatever the provider has it stating.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frankfort Facebook Groups...spreading hate? 5 hr cantturnhointohou... 30
Blueberry hill pancake house. 6 hr Misty 33
Worst Dr in frankort Dr. Wagoner 20 hr Thankful 16
Alicia Warthan... The Skankapotomus of Frankfort (Apr '11) 20 hr itsme 26
Business owners with a criminal record Thu cowards 38
Indiana officer to keep job after pushing over ... Thu Fight back on bad... 3
vern must be furious Wed megastar 2
•••
•••
•••