Jury denies Ross merchants in flood l...

Jury denies Ross merchants in flood lawsuit

There are 13 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Jury denies Ross merchants in flood lawsuit. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

After nearly half a decade of litigation, a Marin County jury ruled Tuesday that a Ross property owner should not be liable for damages sustained by two commercial tenants during the devastating New Year's Eve flood of 2005.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

hal

Bangkok, Thailand

#1 Nov 10, 2010
Extortionistas.
Louise L Mathews

San Rafael, CA

#2 Nov 10, 2010
ARTICLE: Jurors Kim Barr and Phil Shpilberg said a key factor in the verdict was the judge's instruction that, under the law, the landlords "did not have a duty to disclose or to warn any of the plaintiffs of prior floods or a duty to disclose the existence of conditions not on their property."

When does the HUD Flood Plain Management become useful if not in the case of commercial tenant law, "Be here, Beware".

It is too bad that the landlord or the insurance carrier may have had knowledge of prior floods that impacted his property but didn't need to advise future tenants. Where is the real estate agent in this storyline?

Tenants weren't asking for a lot of money according to Klein's article. But, the law is the law. Look out tenants! This is especially important in a gang and intensive drug business neighborhood. But that wouldn't be in a town like Ross.

llm
Native Marinite

Indio, CA

#3 Nov 10, 2010
What a miscarriage of justice -- I hope people remember the Lords' GREED and not rent from them -- Shame, Shame, Shame!!
Bob

Sonoma, CA

#4 Nov 10, 2010
It looks to me like Danielle Bourhis and Kristen Joyce are out to make as much money as possible from something that no one had any control of. Hope they loose it all.
marin boutiques

Mill Valley, CA

#6 Nov 10, 2010
"their clothing boutiques, Brown Eyed Girl and Material Girl."

You mean their husbands "shut the puck up dear" businesses. While daddy exploits the
poor and uninformed--he shuts up his women with boutiques. Wanna bet their married to MD's, or fugley guys who make way too much money? Or the original money was a divorce settlement? The trophy wives get recycled after 30. Get a bun in the oven ladies, or you could end up owning boutiques. If the boutiques were anywhere else on the planet--I would
think they were a front for drug money, but if you've been to Stepford(Ross) they actually exist--along with Sam the butcher. Wanna really see some spoiled people--drive through Stepford after a major holiday and count the new cars--and pretty dresses--It's beyond hilarious. I guess it's keeps the Spawn and baby makers in line?
marin boutiques

Mill Valley, CA

#7 Nov 10, 2010
Louise L Mathews wrote:
ARTICLE: Jurors Kim Barr and Phil Shpilberg said a key factor in the verdict was the judge's instruction that, under the law, the landlords "did not have a duty to disclose or to warn any of the plaintiffs of prior floods or a duty to disclose the existence of conditions not on their property."
When does the HUD Flood Plain Management become useful if not in the case of commercial tenant law, "Be here, Beware".
It is too bad that the landlord or the insurance carrier may have had knowledge of prior floods that impacted his property but didn't need to advise future tenants. Where is the real estate agent in this storyline?
Tenants weren't asking for a lot of money according to Klein's article. But, the law is the law. Look out tenants! This is especially important in a gang and intensive drug business neighborhood. But that wouldn't be in a town like Ross.
llm
Yes, where's God the lawsuit? Hare, here and a waste of time, and a privileged life, but who cares--lets sue someone--
Please

San Rafael, CA

#8 Nov 10, 2010
They have to pay for the landloads costs too. Glad they they lost.. If the shoe fits......
hal

Bangkok, Thailand

#9 Nov 10, 2010
Katherine "Ross" was in "the Stepford wives",,....
Coincidence??
liberals

San Anselmo, CA

#10 Nov 10, 2010
I am laughing at the plantiffs for their frivolous lawsuit. Clearly they are liberals and want to blame someone else (typical of liberals) for their problems.

The best part is that the plantiffs got taken by their lawyer. Any lawyer knows there is no case here. There is plenty of cases on google where you can see this is a lost cause.

Remember in high school law class 101.....you can't sue because of mother nature.

I would counter sue for defendant legal fees, slander, libel, and for just being stupid liberals.
libtard

San Anselmo, CA

#11 Nov 10, 2010
Native Marinite wrote:
What a miscarriage of justice -- I hope people remember the Lords' GREED and not rent from them -- Shame, Shame, Shame!!
You are a total libtard. You love big government because you always want someone to bail you out. You probably have never worked a day in your life. You hate capitalism which means you hate America.

Get a life.
hal

Bangkok, Thailand

#12 Nov 11, 2010
libtard wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a total libtard. You love big government because you always want someone to bail you out. You probably have never worked a day in your life. You hate capitalism which means you hate America.
Get a life.
And you are brainwashed, in your world everything is split between left and right.
In the real world things are more complicated.
I feel sorry for those that know you have to deal with you.

“There's a signpost up ahead...”

Since: Sep 10

Dystopia

#13 Nov 11, 2010
I guess they didn't have flood doors like the stores in San Anselmo have.
mariner

United States

#14 Nov 11, 2010
liberals wrote:
The best part is that the plantiffs got taken by their lawyer. Any lawyer knows there is no case here. There is plenty of cases on google where you can see this is a lost cause.
I am not sure about this as the plantiff's lawyer is also her father and 50% owner :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bail hiked for San Rafael bus fracas suspect 11 hr hung lika toilet ... 1
News Police searching for suspect in Corte Madera mo... (Jun '08) Sat mom 40
Review: Allison Rachael Fuleky Jan 19 Science Details S... 3
News Sex, drugs and rolling into the corner: the wat... Dec 29 HO CANADA 2
News Co-owner of bar in Oakdale murdered (Jul '06) Oct '16 Not Shady 3
News Ellen: Kids are not in star couple's future, El... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Ted Cruze 11
News Community Hospital Long Beach Foundation (Nov '14) Dec '14 Dr_Zorderz 9

Ross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ross Mortgages