Early-morning San Anselmo house fire ...

Early-morning San Anselmo house fire under investigation

There are 12 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Sep 24, 2010, titled Early-morning San Anselmo house fire under investigation. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

A fire caused an estimated $350,000 in damage to a San Anselmo house early Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

Alex

San Anselmo, CA

#1 Sep 24, 2010
So THAT's what all those sirens were about. You never know in San Anselmo, it could be a kitten up a tree and they would still send 8 cars for back up. Glad no one was hurt!
Koalabear2526

San Anselmo, CA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
hope the cat was o k
Kity in the middle

San Rafael, CA

#3 Sep 24, 2010
Alex wrote:
So THAT's what all those sirens were about. You never know in San Anselmo, it could be a kitten up a tree and they would still send 8 cars for back up. Glad no one was hurt!
Cats always come down, you never see a cat skeleton in a tree!
Back draft fiction

Mill Valley, CA

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Alex wrote:
Yea, I don't quite get the amount of vehicles from every every department and every
city? Plus--the amount of water they use to extinguish a fire is overkill. After they completely water log the residence--it's basically a tear down.

Note to any fireman who's not a certified paramedic--get certified. Some of us what you guys do all day, and it's not fighting fires, especially with today's building codes.
SAFD

San Anselmo, CA

#5 Sep 25, 2010
Back draft fiction wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I don't quite get the amount of vehicles from every every department and every
city? Plus--the amount of water they use to extinguish a fire is overkill. After they completely water log the residence--it's basically a tear down.
Note to any fireman who's not a certified paramedic--get certified. Some of us what you guys do all day, and it's not fighting fires, especially with today's building codes.
OK, when your house is on fire, we'll use your garden hose.
Janice

San Rafael, CA

#6 Sep 25, 2010
My heart goes out to the elderly lady that lived there. She was always outside early in the morning sweeping the gutters on SFD blvd. She always kept her yard so tidy.
Syd

San Rafael, CA

#8 Sep 25, 2010
Janice...we live in the neighborhood too and are heartbroken about this turn of events. It's likely she may not be allowed to return to her home, which is not a teardown by the way but will need extensive renovation. This poor woman has been through so much yet always managed to rake the leaves and even clean her own gutters at 86 years of age. It's a shame she will likely lose her independence now.
JBS

Novato, CA

#10 Sep 25, 2010
Back draft fiction wrote:
<quoted text>
You should feel fortunate that they send so many out... more man power = less damage, injury or even death. But, you are one of those useless types... no matter what the situation, you will always find something to criticize or complain about.
xxx

Mill Valley, CA

#11 Sep 26, 2010
SAFD wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better: if this jerk off's house is on fire, round up some drunks from Nave's and they can relieve themselves on his home.

SAFD - thanks for all you do!
Union buster

United States

#12 Sep 26, 2010
SAFD wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'll be lucky to be able to afford TOILET PAPER when we bust your union...smart alec.
Go on, fool, think I am kidding..November 2nd will be a BAD DAY in American union history.
And it is ABOUT TIME...already!
And whatever you do ...union classists...do not call Barbara Boxer...Ma'am.
Thems fightin words
Union Ethics Scholar

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2010
Janice wrote:
My heart goes out to the elderly lady that lived there. She was always outside early in the morning sweeping the gutters on SFD blvd. She always kept her yard so tidy.
So..this old woman was PROUD of her home...and maintained it to perfection...and now she is OUT!
The UNION FIREMAN destroyed her PRIVATE RESIDENCE...do I see a connnection here?
The goal of the unionist is to WIDEN the river of influence...any way they can.
Now..this woman will likely have to rely upon the STATE...another client!
So the union has BENEFITED by her loss...her..a PRIVATE OWNER.
Unionism versus private ownership...I see bread lines on the way..UNION bread lines!
Union Ethics Scholar

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2010
xxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better: if this jerk off's house is on fire, round up some drunks from Nave's and they can relieve themselves on his home.
SAFD - thanks for all you do!
Would not a PRIVATE fire department be just a WHOLE LOT better and cheaper??
These thugs are DESTROYING AMERICA!
Will we have to see bread lines to ...GET IT?
I think so...
Unionist..prepare your CHILD for a life of poverty..in the future world where unions are considered to be antiquated...if not simply immoral.
Collectivizing labor is pure war tactics..and will START the future wars we will LOSE!

Thanks...you LAZY ...UNDISCIPLINED...unionists.. for making my children into SLAVES of the state.
Justice is coming...Nov 2nd.
Unionists..county workers..beware the coming struggle...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Novato murder suspect fires lawyer, delaying trial (Mar '10) 3 hr mikexeznutz 148
Ivonkla Approves Russian Phrase Book Sun Fearless Leader D... 1
News Tiburon police intercept trio after burglary at... Jan 20 moms trailer spac... 6
News Levine: Schools should teach children about Rus... Jan 19 Jaimie 3
Sausalito to get Tanks & Armor? Jan 6 Security Desk DT 1
Review: Mattaniah Eytan Law Offices (Jun '10) Dec 27 rob5060 2
Senior Drunx Use Walkers as Toilets Dec 25 joan crawford s bush 1

Ross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ross Mortgages