Woodlands Market plans March opening for Tiburon store

There are 9 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, Marin Independent Journal story titled Woodlands Market plans March opening for Tiburon store. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

The owner of Woodlands Market in Kentfield said he hopes to open a new grocery store in Tiburon's Boardwalk Shopping Center in early March and expects the Tiburon Peninsula's first pharmacy in years to open in the center soon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 10

San Francisco, CA

#21 Aug 5, 2010
Very sad to see Boardwalk Market leave, I go there for lunch almost everyday. I wish all the employees, the Fitzgerald’s and the very nice lady who owns the deli/meat department all the best and thank you for feeding me good, wholesome food for the last ten years. You will be missed but not forgotten...thanks again. Chief Marin
Boardwalk

Campbell, CA

#22 Aug 5, 2010
Chief Marin wrote:
Very sad to see Boardwalk Market leave, I go there for lunch almost everyday. I wish all the employees, the Fitzgerald’s and the very nice lady who owns the deli/meat department all the best and thank you for feeding me good, wholesome food for the last ten years. You will be missed but not forgotten...thanks again. Chief Marin
We appreciate your kinds words, we have really enjoyed our 25 years here and will miss all of our kind customers.
yelliman

Sunnyvale, CA

#23 Aug 5, 2010
Where is the Kentfield Farm that supplies the store???
Peninsula Mom

United States

#24 Aug 5, 2010
[QUOTE who="BTW, Don gives 1 to 2 percent of his gross sales to charity. Why do people also want or expect him to be part of an escrips program? How much do YOU all give to charity?[/QUOTE]

Not the point. Don't expect him to do so. Saying if he did, public school parents might have another reason not to drive out to Safeway for the staple items, and might impulse buy while they are there. There has been a big push for improving EScrip program in that district.

As to how much I give to charity...about 20 hrs per week on top of a part time paid job and raising my family. Maybe that doesn't equal 1-2 percent of gross sales, but it's the best I can do right now.
Michael Woodson

Mill Valley, CA

#25 Aug 5, 2010
As with many in our town, I am very very sad to see another great local business be pushed aside for one more "big bucks" owner.
If you look at the required disclosure forms that are posted next to the Boardwalk Market, you will see a list of every entity that is going to re-build the Boardwalk Market in the "Woodlands" image.
Look for your self and you will see that not one of the sub-contrators that are working on this project are from Marin County. Not one.
The Architect & General Contractor are from Burlingame. The Structural Engineers are from South SF. The Refrigeration & HVAC Contractors are from Sacramento. The Plumbing Contractors are from Redwood City. The Electrical Engineers are from San Leandro.
So to Don Santa, of the Woodlands Market, I say: "Shame On You."
At least if you are going to destroy a great local business, you could have used local contractors who really need the work.
Yeah Right

United States

#26 Aug 5, 2010
Michael Woodson wrote:
As with many in our town, I am very very sad to see another great local business be pushed aside for one more "big bucks" owner.
If you look at the required disclosure forms that are posted next to the Boardwalk Market, you will see a list of every entity that is going to re-build the Boardwalk Market in the "Woodlands" image.
Look for your self and you will see that not one of the sub-contrators that are working on this project are from Marin County. Not one.
The Architect & General Contractor are from Burlingame. The Structural Engineers are from South SF. The Refrigeration & HVAC Contractors are from Sacramento. The Plumbing Contractors are from Redwood City. The Electrical Engineers are from San Leandro.
At least if you are going to destroy a great local business, you could have used local contractors who really need the work.
Baloney..the lowest bids generally get the business. Why would pay anyone more to use Marin contractors just to placate everyone?
Jessie

Larkspur, CA

#27 Aug 5, 2010
Michael Woodson wrote:
The majority of the workmen will be from Mexico and will send the money out of the country.

Since: Apr 09

Marin County, CA

#28 Aug 6, 2010
Reason wrote:
You have the Tiburon Land Company in it's second generation
Actually, "Reason", it's the Belvedere Land Company that owns the Boardwalk Center. The Tiburon Land Company is a real estate brokerage, unrelated to the Allen family that owns BLC.
steph

Sausalito, CA

#29 Aug 7, 2010
Kevin wrote:
Wow a store closing in Tiburon and within months a new store will open. Here in Marinwood Bell Markets closed a few years ago, and there's still no new store at the Marinwood Plaza shopping center.
uh,,,,,,,,'cos that's Marinwood. i need say no more. Marinwood is like Novato's red-headed step-child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberace Nixon Cheney Drag Pix Worth $$$$ Sun Fairfax Fact Find... 1
Christian Tallibang opens Compliance Command Apr 25 Reverend Benterover 1
Senior night nudism to be curbed in most parks Apr 24 Atty Atty Atty Inc 1
Pix of Nixon, Liberace, Cheney in Drag at Dance Apr 19 THX 1138 1
What Happened to Marinscope Police Blotter? Apr 16 Gloregina 1
News Mill Valley mulling multiunit residential smoki... Apr 12 Call it as I See it 2
News Five suspected gang members arrested in San Rafael (Aug '09) Apr 11 sailor331 122
More from around the web

Ross People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]