Driver killed in Sausalito rollover w...

Driver killed in Sausalito rollover wreck

There are 66 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Sep 29, 2010, titled Driver killed in Sausalito rollover wreck. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

A woman was killed on Highway 101 in Sausalito when she was ejected in a vehicle rollover and possibly struck by another car Wednesday night, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MTH

San Anselmo, CA

#3 Sep 29, 2010
Please show some respect. I saw this accident happen right in front of my eyes tonight, it was absolutely horrifying. I can't get the images out of my head and am still shaking. Someone lost a mother, sister or daughter tonight. I'm so sorry for her family's loss, I hope she did not suffer and may she rest in peace.
BGHOZ

Alameda, CA

#7 Sep 30, 2010
MTH wrote:
Please show some respect. I saw this accident happen right in front of my eyes tonight, it was absolutely horrifying. I can't get the images out of my head and am still shaking. Someone lost a mother, sister or daughter tonight. I'm so sorry for her family's loss, I hope she did not suffer and may she rest in peace.
Thank you for posting...I just came across this article and you are the ONLY one to show compassion...praying for you too.
thoughts

United States

#8 Sep 30, 2010
This is very sad. I was on the road tonight shortly before this crash and there was just really weird driving going on. People speeding, swerving between lanes, sudden slow-downs... lots of near misses.

I'm very sorry for this woman's loved ones and hope it was quick and painless for her.
Beast mode

Hilmar, CA

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Rip
Peace2Family

Novato, CA

#16 Sep 30, 2010
Praying for this family - may they have peace and comfort in this time of such a tragedy.

We are all mortal, facing eternity at any moment.
WhoWantsToKnow

Mountain View, CA

#19 Sep 30, 2010
Tragic. Condolences to her family.

Since: Jul 09

Novato

#20 Sep 30, 2010
Tragic and preventable, I too offer my condolences to the family
steph

San Anselmo, CA

#21 Sep 30, 2010
this is horrible. seatbelt??? life is precious and can be stamped out at any moment. hug your loved ones for dear life.
Hans

Oakland, CA

#22 Sep 30, 2010
I also was witness just moments after. Seeing the man who was waving down the CHP officer who was running at full sprint to the scene and hearing him say, "shes gone" in a calm but shocked voice. Hearing this I thought she was still in the vehicle. But only a couple yards from the man waving and directing traffic was a gruesome figure that lay in an unnatural and contorted position. There was a girl on her cellphone. "she's dead, she's dead".
It puts a sour and heavy feeling in ones stomach. Its a strange feeling, when you see a body that has absolutely no life in it but just moments ago was full and the warmth her body creates is slowly turning cold.

I am extremely relieved to hear this was the only casualty. If you saw the accident scene you would have thought others had a similar fate.
I prayed for the soul/s that have lost, and were lost last night.

Also, we only look as childish as the people who write ignorant things when we reply to their stupidity.

My heart goes out to the family.
Jer

Novato, CA

#23 Sep 30, 2010
Hans wrote:
I also was witness just moments after. Seeing the man who was waving down the CHP officer who was running at full sprint to the scene and hearing him say, "shes gone" in a calm but shocked voice. Hearing this I thought she was still in the vehicle. But only a couple yards from the man waving and directing traffic was a gruesome figure that lay in an unnatural and contorted position. There was a girl on her cellphone. "she's dead, she's dead".
It puts a sour and heavy feeling in ones stomach. Its a strange feeling, when you see a body that has absolutely no life in it but just moments ago was full and the warmth her body creates is slowly turning cold.
I am extremely relieved to hear this was the only casualty. If you saw the accident scene you would have thought others had a similar fate.
Also, we only look as childish as the people who write ignorant things when we reply to their stupidity.
Thank you Hans
Chronicle Reader

Azusa, CA

#24 Sep 30, 2010
"Also, we only look as childish as the people who write ignorant things when we reply to their stupidity."

Way to be childish.
sad

United States

#25 Sep 30, 2010
I feel very sorry for this woman who died in such a preventable manner. However I feel worse for the innocent bystanders who had to witness such a horrific accident, that again was preventable.
just the facts mam

San Anselmo, CA

#28 Sep 30, 2010
Hans wrote:
Thanks for posting these very memorable words Hans.

My condolences to the friends and family of the deceased and my sympathies also to those like you who witnessed this horrific event.

An event like this makes me aware that I must appreciate each and every moment of life.
travis

Cape Coral, FL

#29 Sep 30, 2010
13 of 28 posts removed. Is the IJ doing this or Topix? The article doesn't say anything about the cause of this terrible tragedy. To those that say it doesn't matter, well it does. Driving is a very serious responsibility, not only to one's self, but to all others on the road. If this woman was driving while distracted or impaired, it doesn't diminish the value of her life or minimize the tragedy, but - well you all see where I'm going. Maybe this horrible incident will get all of us to be more considerate of others, both on and off the road.
steph

San Anselmo, CA

#30 Sep 30, 2010
sad wrote:
I feel very sorry for this woman who died in such a preventable manner. However I feel worse for the innocent bystanders who had to witness such a horrific accident, that again was preventable.
how was this accident preventable?
Kevin

Ross, CA

#31 Sep 30, 2010
Very sad news. My condolences to the family and friends. I know Ross is a tight-nit community.

My condolences to the other driver(s) who may have accidentally hit the woman on the freeway after the initial crash. That could be a horrifying event to live with.

I've been one of first at a fatal accident and directed traffic until the police arrived. Not an easy scene.
Day Hiker

Novato, CA

#32 Sep 30, 2010
This is so sad. A simple click of her seatbelt would have made all the difference. Please people, wear your seat belts, every time you start your vehicle.
steph

San Anselmo, CA

#33 Sep 30, 2010
steph wrote:
<quoted text>
how was this accident preventable?
woops, never mind. the revised article mentioned no seatbelt. tragic.
So Sad

Atherton, CA

#35 Sep 30, 2010
A young woman, so incredibly sad! I thought maybe it was an older person that had a heart attack, or health issue and lost control. The idea that she wasn't wearing a seat belt makes this even sadder since she may still be here today if she had. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
My thoughts and prayers

San Francisco, CA

#36 Sep 30, 2010
We were coming home on south bound. Saw a police car weaving. Seconds later an ambulance came racing down the street.
Slowing down the traffic. Marin city exit to the left was a body covered in a white sheet with her hand sticking out. It looked like she was ejected over the wall. It was a horrifying crash.
I prayed as we detored around and took the marin city exit.
My prayers go out to the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russian Troops Demand More Prostitutes Apr 26 Trumptooner yay yay 1
100 days Better than 99 Days Apr 24 schnoooze 1
Trump War Promises Apr 19 Lanced 3
News Suspect jailed in Terra Linda sex assault; Gree... (Apr '09) Mar 29 BurnedOut 58
Cannibal Tourists Back ?? Mar '17 Desk Sgt Notes 1
More Russians In Government Mar '17 Agent Orange Orifice 1
News Co-owner of bar in Oakdale murdered (Jul '06) Oct '16 Not Shady 3

Ross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ross Mortgages