Marin voters face taxing ballot: 21 m...

Marin voters face taxing ballot: 21 measures

There are 36 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Aug 15, 2010, titled Marin voters face taxing ballot: 21 measures. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

That hand in your pocket could be from a local official reaching for your wallet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OTP

Danville, CA

#22 Aug 16, 2010
Tax and Spend Marin , seems to be working for you!
JessWillard

San Rafael, CA

#23 Aug 16, 2010
" S cam"

"T ruth" is easier to memorize.
Zorro-Dystopia

Waterloo, IA

#24 Aug 16, 2010
This is just the beginning, it will get worse, much worse.

Since: Apr 09

Marin County, CA

#25 Aug 16, 2010
To recap S & T:

S would allow MMWD to continue to spend freely on consultants, etc. to "study" desalinization.

T would prohibit that consultant waste as well.

If S and T both pass, whichever gets more votes cancels the other.

So if you want to end the boondoggle spending on consultants for desal, vote NO on S and YES on T.
No more taxes

Santa Clara, CA

#26 Aug 16, 2010
Reduce pensions, eliminate overtime.
Public service was a service not a career (with large salary).
Typically, city workers do not need Masters, CPA and JD.
As an example where a cut can be made, look at San Rafael "park landscaping/ janitorial services" wages. I read the chief makes $250K a year w/ his pension in that calculation. Outrageous!

No more taxes...cut overhead costs.

Medical is in flux w/ Obama care so paramedics may be paid by federal or other tax fees.

Marin has proven (from articles right here in the IJ) that they can not budget and spend money wisely.
vote on all

Novato, CA

#27 Aug 16, 2010
I say vote yes on all you fools as you are getting older and not smarter. Just ask commander bunny she is my neighbor and she told another neighbor to do the same
Victims of Greed

Mill Valley, CA

#28 Aug 16, 2010
Vote no, no, no, etc.
Grunt

Novato, CA

#29 Aug 16, 2010
F measure F. We need a council while we're at it.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#30 Aug 16, 2010
vote on all wrote:
I say vote yes on all you fools as you are getting older and not smarter. Just ask commander bunny she is my neighbor and she told another neighbor to do the same
Keep eating those purple carrots Sonny-boy, but to be fair, You're semi-right, Your Neighbor is one My best Rodent propaganda Operatives and is on a NO NEW TAXES operation.

Now go check Your tire pressure, silly Human.
Jason

San Rafael, CA

#31 Aug 16, 2010
S for "sham" allows more study?????

They have already spent almost four million dollars on it and built a test plant and have the blueprints in hand. How much more 'study' do they need?

"S is for Sham"

T is for "Truth", 18,000 people signed petitions repudiating the couple of MMWD lame ducks who want outside jobs as a reward from the developers they tried to hand our future revenue stream to.

You think traffic is bad now????
Just wait until Whole Foods tears down their old store, the green house behind it, the single story medico-dental buildings behind that and starts construction on the 200 unit condo they want to hit and run develop.
Also the guy that wants to shoehorn 20 condos into the bottom of the hill next to the KFC,
plus the guy that wants to build a multi story monstrosity along with the usual 'low cost' units for anybody at Miller and Montford.
Then there is the developer who wants to build houses and a commercial building at Camino Alto and Blythdale. When does it end?
None of this can happen however unless the desalination plant is built to provide the 'new' water for these projects.

The problem is overpopulation. Water conservation is just a euphemism for taking water away from people who actually live here and giving it to developers so they can make more money by placing additional demands on the water supply thereby making everything worse.

Adding injury to injury, we are forced to subsidize developers. While developers pay a fraction of the infrastructure costs they impose on local governments, they pay nothing to the state for the costs they impose on the taxpayers for these water projects, roads, colleges and universities, parks, and all the other things that additional population creates a need for. We need a political organization formed specifically to fight the building industry. The Sierra Club and other "mainstream" organizations are too wimpy to take this on. Their policy is appeasement. Appeasement destroys California. We need militant confrontation to defeat the most powerful special interest in California.
Jason

San Rafael, CA

#32 Aug 16, 2010
p.s. The crews are cutting down the trees at Camino Alto and Blythdale as of today.
It's not too late to stop it.
Think traffic is bad there now? Just wait until there are a few more driveways and cars backing up to to into the new commercial development and the houses there.
Important

Santa Clara, CA

#33 Aug 16, 2010
This article is more important than the lizard, why dropped from the lead page.
Voter

Novato, CA

#34 Aug 17, 2010
Kevin wrote:
Vote Yes on all paramedic measures.
I am a democrat so i will be voting with you
Jeb

San Rafael, CA

#35 Aug 17, 2010
Want to see the waste of tax dollars that occurs in Woolsey's district?????

Taxpayers in Congressional District 6 (Woolsey) will pay $496.7 million for proposed total Iraq and Afghanistan war spending in FY2011.

For the same amount of money, the following could have been provided:

147,616 People Receiving Low-Income Healthcare for One Year OR
470,118 Households with Renewable Electricity-Wind Power for One Year OR
5,323 Police or Sheriff's Patrol Officers for One Year OR
6,523 Firemen for One Year OR
59,467 Scholarships for University Students for One Year OR
89,500 Students receiving Pell Grants of $5550 OR
262,263 Children Receiving Low-Income Healthcare for One Year OR
56,549 Head Start Slots for Children for One Year OR
176,294 Households with Renewable Electricity - Solar Photovoltaic for One Year OR
6,452 Elementary School Teachers for One Year OR
52,370 Military Veterans Receiving VA Medical Care for One Year

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/tradeoffs...

I know what I'd rather have for my tax dollars.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#36 Aug 17, 2010
Important wrote:
You're right.

Since: Apr 09

Marin County, CA

#37 Aug 17, 2010
Important wrote:

Because MMWD insiders have more clout with the I-J than you might think....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Documentary explores San Franciscoa s zero wast... Sep 24 trumplette4ever 1
N Korean Leader Retires in Marin City? Sep 23 juliana saxovskit 1
News Novato, San Rafael seek SMART quiet zones for t... Sep 12 RotariianDavidK 1
Trump's Plan Explained Sep 8 trumptalestontotoos 1
News Ellen: Kids are not in star couple's future, El... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Ted Cruze 11
News Community Hospital Long Beach Foundation (Nov '14) Dec '14 Dr_Zorderz 9
News Despite California climate law, carbon emission... (Oct '14) Oct '14 IBdaMann 4

Ross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ross Mortgages