Joe Soucheray: Model T trek finds a t...

Joe Soucheray: Model T trek finds a true America

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Joe Soucheray: Model T trek finds a true America. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Byron Wertz, who set off in early June to cross the country in his Model T Ford, is back home in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

#1 Jul 19, 2009
What an adventure!
canoedog

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 19, 2009
Sweet story, but please with the headline. I like nostalgia as much as the next guy but when will we stop insinuating that "real America" is rural or small town and hearkens back to 1909. The vast majority of hardworking, patriotic, conservative, moderate and liberal Americans now live in urban areas with great diversity and complicated economic and social interactions. It is there that they take care of their families and raise children--most who will turn out as upstanding citizens-- attend their choice of churches, go to work, and live good lives. No offense to small towns and rural areas, but this is one moderate who is sick of being dismissed as somehow not belonging to "real America" because I don't swoon over an antique car and have a parade down a main street built before 1940. It's time to deal with real America, not an idealized past.
Manny Lopez

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 19, 2009
please rite in Spainish

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
net neutrality Nov '17 Spencer Riley 1
Why I don't use Apple products Nov '17 Foo 1
News Newport neighbors concerned about proposed loca... Oct '17 Joan Denoo 1
Ellensburg Little League Vendor Jevin Stiffs an... (Aug '17) Sep '17 JevinScam 2
News Minimum wage law buoys pay for all of us (Jan '11) Jul '17 C Kersey 4
News Issaquah to Its Young Drivers: Excessive Speedi... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Anonymous 1
Buying land (Aug '12) Aug '12 Steffy 2

Roslyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Mortgages