Nassau cop charged with DWI and assault

Nassau cop charged with DWI and assault

There are 59 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Nassau cop charged with DWI and assault. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Nassau County police officer was arrested Wednesday on charges of driving while intoxicated and third-degree assault in a 2007 accident in Roslyn while he was off-duty, Nassau police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Harry Vaj

Englewood, CO

#50 Apr 17, 2008
PeeWeeHerman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're a skell and former nassau cop, if I recall. Go choke on your boyfriend's weewee down in Florida.
Mekaleka hi meka heiney ho.
jan

New York, NY

#51 Apr 17, 2008
LOCK HIM UP LIKE HE WOULD DO TO A NON POLICE OFFICER..
jimmy

Massapequa Park, NY

#52 Apr 17, 2008
please he will do not time, the lady in the car will probably be arrested nassau is so corrupt a year later the officers that covered up for him and did not arrest him on the spot like nay other person should go to jail as well "biggest crooks in america are cops"

abuse of there power is sickening
pat

New York, NY

#53 Apr 17, 2008
I agree, lock his ass up..
jimmy

Massapequa Park, NY

#54 Apr 17, 2008
really a week of what eating donuts and harrassing people on the LIE your job is a joke ive seen it in action we show up when the dangers gone and fill out reports such a hard job please your a good old boys club nothing but scum
JDC wrote:
One bad apple. Try the 95% of us that are honest and hard worker trying to make YOUR communities safer to live in. You wouldn't last a week doing what we do.
jimmy

Massapequa Park, NY

#55 Apr 17, 2008
your out of your mind life expectance you pulled that one out of your ass, u think its justice for a top cop to get a huge pension then return to work as a fat out of shape top cop sitting in an office the only thing shortening his life is the amount of donuts he ate. you people have no respect for the public that pays your salary constant abuse of power im more scared of a cop then a street thug any day of the week.
cry me a river wrote:
<quoted text>
'Police Pay
In response to the March 4 letter, "Blue Benefits," may I state that it is not the police but the writer who is "missing the bigger picture."
This month marks my eighth year as a Nassau County police officer and - contrary to what County Executive Thomas Suozzi and Newsday would have you believe - I have never come close to earning $100,000 in any year. In fact, I have never made even $90,000 in my eight years on the force.
The writer also misses the "big picture" when he talks about retired police officers collecting their pensions for 40 years. The life expectancy of a retired police officer is far shorter than that of workers in the private sector - the same one where most of you do not have to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Then, the writer tries to compare the differences in our work "when things get tight." Let me point out another difference in law enforcement as opposed to the private sector when things get "tight." In my job when things get "tight," there is a good chance I could get hurt or killed.
And, lastly, in response to the writer's advice that I have my spouse work: She does work, in a job I left - underpaid member of the New York City police.
Michael Talamo
Carle Place'
jimmy

Massapequa Park, NY

#56 Apr 17, 2008
would u being saying this if he killed a loved one that night? also how much did you have to pay him off to protect your business
doug_nas wrote:
I know this officer, I know how safe he kept my streets and my business I ran, and why a year later? Because thats when when the lab finally got the results of his blood test, be grateful for all the nights you slept safe while he was locking up burglars in your neighborhood at night and car thieves while you ate at fancy restaurants. Keep your judgments for those convicted and found guilty, not the accused, the road to Guantanamo bay, movie, watch it, have a heart, don't be blind and ignorant. You without sin, throw the first stone.
Just Saying

United States

#57 Apr 17, 2008
Jimmy Cramer wrote:
To the B.S. Wallstreet guy...thanks to you and other's Wallstreet is a mess. You sir = subprime...There is more illegal drug use by wallstreet- then the worst corrupt Police Dept..Get off your high horse...you guy's are in the same league as lawyers...You never heard of insider trading also..Stop the crap ..you never saw Wallstreet-you live at home with Mommy and E-trade....
Not to mention all the other crimes committed by the sharks on Wall Street. The drinking and drug use, and the money spent on illegal gambling and "adult entertainment" by these guys is beyond belief! However, unlike the original poster's take on all cops, I won't say that everyone who works on Wall Street is a crook, but there are far too many who are.
Just Saying

United States

#58 Apr 17, 2008
jimmy wrote:
your out of your mind life expectance you pulled that one out of your ass, u think its justice for a top cop to get a huge pension then return to work as a fat out of shape top cop sitting in an office the only thing shortening his life is the amount of donuts he ate. you people have no respect for the public that pays your salary constant abuse of power im more scared of a cop then a street thug any day of the week.
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, it's a proven fact that law enforcement officers have a shorter life expectancy after retirement than most other professions. Why are you so angry at all cops? Sounds like you've had a few encounters with them in your life, and my guess is they didn't turn out very well for you!
The truth

Brooklyn, NY

#59 Apr 17, 2008
doug_nas wrote:
I know this officer, I know how safe he kept my streets and my business I ran, and why a year later? Because thats when when the lab finally got the results of his blood test, be grateful for all the nights you slept safe while he was locking up burglars in your neighborhood at night and car thieves while you ate at fancy restaurants. Keep your judgments for those convicted and found guilty, not the accused, the road to Guantanamo bay, movie, watch it, have a heart, don't be blind and ignorant. You without sin, throw the first stone.
He made the streets safe? This lush got behind the wheel of car stupid drunk and almost killed someone. Then he resisted arrest. Yeah, he really made the streets safe.NOT!
sick of all of it

Greenlawn, NY

#60 Apr 17, 2008
cry me a river wrote:
<quoted text>
'Police Pay
In response to the March 4 letter, "Blue Benefits," may I state that it is not the police but the writer who is "missing the bigger picture."
This month marks my eighth year as a Nassau County police officer and - contrary to what County Executive Thomas Suozzi and Newsday would have you believe - I have never come close to earning $100,000 in any year. In fact, I have never made even $90,000 in my eight years on the force.
The writer also misses the "big picture" when he talks about retired police officers collecting their pensions for 40 years. The life expectancy of a retired police officer is far shorter than that of workers in the private sector - the same one where most of you do not have to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Then, the writer tries to compare the differences in our work "when things get tight." Let me point out another difference in law enforcement as opposed to the private sector when things get "tight." In my job when things get "tight," there is a good chance I could get hurt or killed.
And, lastly, in response to the writer's advice that I have my spouse work: She does work, in a job I left - underpaid member of the New York City police.
Michael Talamo
Carle Place'
get real. you say you don't make $90,000 and you are right you probably make between $90 and $100,000. I have worked plenty of weekends and holidays - you think your job is the only one with those hours??? and no I could not do your job because I am not a narcissist who wants to be a bully and push everyone around. Cops can outright murder people and the Blue Wall protects them. People become cops for the power it gives them. They can feel superior and commit any crime they want without consequences - same for their families.
The truth

Brooklyn, NY

#61 Apr 17, 2008
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, it's a proven fact that law enforcement officers have a shorter life expectancy after retirement than most other professions. Why are you so angry at all cops? Sounds like you've had a few encounters with them in your life, and my guess is they didn't turn out very well for you!
Every year I have an encounter with the police that doesn't turn out well. I have to fork over a sickening amount of taxes which go to pay the police grossly inflated salaries. And it turn, they go out and commit crimes they get paid to enforce. Now you know why we are angry.
sick of all of it

Greenlawn, NY

#62 Apr 17, 2008
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, it's a proven fact that law enforcement officers have a shorter life expectancy after retirement than most other professions. Why are you so angry at all cops? Sounds like you've had a few encounters with them in your life, and my guess is they didn't turn out very well for you!
i agree with him - would rather have a run in with a street thug than a cop any day. the thug may not kill you since he has more to lose. the cop can kill you and get away with it. And before you say it I have never had a run in with any cops but I do have some in the family (distant) and I hear their stories about how they beat up this guy or wrote a bunch of tickets because they felt like it.
Just Saying

United States

#63 Apr 17, 2008
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>Every year I have an encounter with the police that doesn't turn out well. I have to fork over a sickening amount of taxes which go to pay the police grossly inflated salaries. And it turn, they go out and commit crimes they get paid to enforce. Now you know why we are angry.
And just how much of your taxes goes to the police? Probably a lot less than you spend on beer and snacks each year! Cops are held to a higher standard than the average citizen. The small minority who commit crimes receive harsher sentences than do those who aren't cops, who commit the same crimes. It seems that those who are most vehemently against the police are the ones who most likely have had police encounters themselves, by breaking the law, hence their hatred and bitterness towards cops. If the shoe fits...
Just Saying

United States

#64 Apr 17, 2008
sick of all of it wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with him - would rather have a run in with a street thug than a cop any day. the thug may not kill you since he has more to lose. the cop can kill you and get away with it. And before you say it I have never had a run in with any cops but I do have some in the family (distant) and I hear their stories about how they beat up this guy or wrote a bunch of tickets because they felt like it.
I hope you get your wish. Then (if you survive), you can come back and tell us how well your encounter with a street thug went!
Pat

Hicksville, NY

#65 Apr 17, 2008
Brentwood wrote:
More of "LI's finest" commiting crimes. Starting to wonder who the cops are and who the criminals are. With the recent police brutality resulting in death and now this, one begins to wonder.
It only figures that someone from Brentwood would make this comment. If you destroy the foundation of our society, such as law enforcement, we will be a third world country, God forbid.
Pat

Hicksville, NY

#66 Apr 17, 2008
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>Every year I have an encounter with the police that doesn't turn out well. I have to fork over a sickening amount of taxes which go to pay the police grossly inflated salaries. And it turn, they go out and commit crimes they get paid to enforce. Now you know why we are angry.
Yeah, but what about all the lives they save? And the criminals they bring to justice?

Maybe you are 28 years old, 6'4" and 190 pounds and can defend yourself, but not everybody else is. There are children, elderly, women and weaker people, etc. who need protection.

And you won't always be that strong, plus everybody needs help sometimes.
Frank

New York, NY

#67 Apr 17, 2008
cry me a river wrote:
<quoted text>
'Police Pay
Michael Talamo
Carle Place'
Please stop cutting and pasting this response.
Col Gary

Marco Island, FL

#68 Apr 17, 2008
PeeWeeHerman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're a skell and former nassau cop, if I recall. Go choke on your boyfriend's weewee down in Florida.
No PeeWee, I am not an Ex NC Cop. as far as choking om anything, ask the Rabbi wife!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Wantagh Man Burglarized 10 Homes in 3 Months (Sep '10) 2 hr da girl 294
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 23 hr WasteWater 80
News Shirley massage therapists arrested for offerin... (Apr '08) Wed Cash In Pocket 200
News Garden City Village board to vote on law to ban... Wed Faylinn 2
News Queens man arrested in 10 Nassau burglaries, co... Wed Go Blue Forever 2
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Jul 26 silly rabbit 81
News New Rochelle Middle School Found Dumping Raw Se... Jul 26 333stenbrian 1

Roslyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Mortgages