Nassau cop charged with DWI and assault

Apr 16, 2008 Read more: Newsday 59
A Nassau County police officer was arrested Wednesday on charges of driving while intoxicated and third-degree assault in a 2007 accident in Roslyn while he was off-duty, Nassau police said. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brentwood

Hicksville, NY

#1 Apr 16, 2008
More of "LI's finest" commiting crimes. Starting to wonder who the cops are and who the criminals are. With the recent police brutality resulting in death and now this, one begins to wonder.
Pat

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Nothing to wonder about except your attempt at false propaganda regarding an imagined claim of excessive force.
JDC

North East, MD

#3 Apr 16, 2008
One bad apple. Try the 95% of us that are honest and hard worker trying to make YOUR communities safer to live in. You wouldn't last a week doing what we do.
YOUR BOY

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#5 Apr 16, 2008
haha there goes his $100,000/yr job
Party On

Calgary, Canada

#6 Apr 16, 2008
And this took a YEAR to figure out because........? Great reporting!
well well

Centereach, NY

#7 Apr 16, 2008
Lookie lookie. I wonder how many people this shining star locked up for DWI. The pot calling the kettle black my friends. With all the competition for this job, this cop goes a makes a no no. It'd be nice if he got fired, considering his criminal actions resulted in a civilian's injury. Maybe DA Rice should make an example out of this officer. After all, if you can't trust the cops for your safety, who can you trust?
Col Gary

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Apr 16, 2008
Jewsday must be really digging for cop dirt, the date goes back a year ago, 2007. Did this reporter crawl to the pressroom?
Big Fluffy

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#10 Apr 16, 2008
I'm thinking I'll have White Castle for dinner tonight.
Big Fluffy

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#13 Apr 16, 2008
How about you guys? What'cha having tonight?
the voice

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2008
cry me a river wrote:
<quoted text>
'Police Pay
In response to the March 4 letter, "Blue Benefits," may I state that it is not the police but the writer who is "missing the bigger picture."
This month marks my eighth year as a Nassau County police officer and - contrary to what County Executive Thomas Suozzi and Newsday would have you believe - I have never come close to earning $100,000 in any year. In fact, I have never made even $90,000 in my eight years on the force.
The writer also misses the "big picture" when he talks about retired police officers collecting their pensions for 40 years. The life expectancy of a retired police officer is far shorter than that of workers in the private sector - the same one where most of you do not have to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Then, the writer tries to compare the differences in our work "when things get tight." Let me point out another difference in law enforcement as opposed to the private sector when things get "tight." In my job when things get "tight," there is a good chance I could get hurt or killed.
And, lastly, in response to the writer's advice that I have my spouse work: She does work, in a job I left - underpaid member of the New York City police.
Michael Talamo
Carle Place'
Points all well taken but I thought it was in the contract that top pay after 5 years is $95-96K for NCPD?? How do you figure then that you never made $90K after 8 years?
Fergus

Englewood, CO

#15 Apr 16, 2008
Keep up the good work !!!!
Big Fluffy

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#16 Apr 16, 2008
Was the policeman also a clown? If so, it would have been scary getting pulled over by him.
MCR

New York, NY

#18 Apr 16, 2008
JDC wrote:
One bad apple. Try the 95% of us that are honest and hard worker trying to make YOUR communities safer to live in. You wouldn't last a week doing what we do.
Yep - you are right - sleeping in your car, having a bully complex, acting holier than thou, being too stupid to do some honest work - you are correct, I wouldn't last a week

Fish Billy!
john rotten

Newark, NJ

#19 Apr 16, 2008
great reporting as usual newsday. why was he arrested a year after it happened? and who was the woman sitting in a parked car at 5:30 a.m.?
every newsday story leaves people scratching their heads wondering what the real story is. ic ant wait untill this fishwrap paper is bought
Spitzer

Lyndhurst, NJ

#20 Apr 16, 2008
JDC wrote:
You are right sitting around eating donuts and drinking coffee would bore me to death or give me a heart attack

Since: Oct 07

New York, NY

#21 Apr 16, 2008
JDC wrote:
you are right in a few areas. there are bad apples in every group i agree. shame ppl look at it in a different light but then again,ppl love to complain lol.i also agree in a way as to some ppl not being able to do what you do. but in the same light,you can not do what they may do. we all have our own litt6le niche in life. thanks for having yours bud. stay safe.
Now Ive Seen It All

Massapequa, NY

#22 Apr 16, 2008
To "The Voice":
I believe that the figure you cite is at the end of the contract period in 2012. Current "top" pay would be well below that. Departments also tend to fudge the "estimate" a bit by "assuming" a certain number of night hours, holidays and other optional add-ons that only a portion of the force actually will earn.
tlitlkitis

Plainview, NY

#23 Apr 16, 2008
question about the blood test...he'll get leaving the scene, deptmental charges, retire and that's it...
Gimme a Break

United States

#24 Apr 16, 2008
cry me a river wrote:
<quoted text>
'Police Pay
In response to the March 4 letter, "Blue Benefits," may I state that it is not the police but the writer who is "missing the bigger picture."
This month marks my eighth year as a Nassau County police officer and - contrary to what County Executive Thomas Suozzi and Newsday would have you believe - I have never come close to earning $100,000 in any year. In fact, I have never made even $90,000 in my eight years on the force.
The writer also misses the "big picture" when he talks about retired police officers collecting their pensions for 40 years. The life expectancy of a retired police officer is far shorter than that of workers in the private sector - the same one where most of you do not have to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Then, the writer tries to compare the differences in our work "when things get tight." Let me point out another difference in law enforcement as opposed to the private sector when things get "tight." In my job when things get "tight," there is a good chance I could get hurt or killed.
And, lastly, in response to the writer's advice that I have my spouse work: She does work, in a job I left - underpaid member of the New York City police.
Michael Talamo
Carle Place'
You Sir, would last a day in my shoes! I work on Wall Street as a trader, entrusted with tens of millions of dollars of other peoples money. You would have a nervous breakdown by noon. Cops have a short life span because they overeat fast foods and are overweight. Your job is not as "stressful" as u want everyone to believe.
Calling all Cars

Bronx, NY

#25 Apr 16, 2008
Its amazing that cops get caught driving drunk only after they've actually crashed or injured somebody. I wonder how many off duty cops even get speeding tickets let alone stopped and arrested for DWI? Half of you guys are the biggest scofflaws in society. And you know it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Douglaston Man Allegedly Shot In The Back, Quee... (Mar '11) 26 min Bsd 56
News Nassau's Fifth Police Precinct in Elmont reopens 3 hr Disappointed 1
News A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) 6 hr Ankona 1,115
News Hidden cameras show airport workers stealing Sun Logical Compassion 62
News supervisor - (Nov '07) Sun JusticeForAll 11
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Sat George 8
News Police: Long Island Man Scams Dealer Out Of Por... (Apr '11) May '14 Be Aware 3

Coastal Flood Statement for Nassau County was issued at April 20 at 9:48PM EDT

More from around the web

Roslyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]