Swastikas mailed to Roslyn area homes -

Full story: Newsday 59
About half of a batch of swastika-filled letters found in the mailboxes of nine Nassau County residents were hand-delivered, police said, and investigators expect more letters will be reported in the coming ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Disgusted

Woodbridge, NJ

#1 Oct 3, 2007
I hope the cops nail the jerk that did this.
Phil Latio

Jamaica, NY

#3 Oct 3, 2007
Shalom!
Fascism sucks

Coram, NY

#7 Oct 3, 2007
I don't think this has to do with the anti-war movement at all. It's a ploy by conservative fascists to frighten the Jews of Long Island into backing an otherwise unnecessary and illegal first strike on Iran.

Don't let your buttons get pushed, people.
IslezYnkeez72

Massapequa, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2007
Its 100% false IDIOT. "people" is a re-tard, and you are his buffoon.
Ignorant

Bronx, NY

#12 Oct 3, 2007
people wrote:
This stems from people not happy with the war and they are not happy with the Jewish people. They believe we are at war because the Zionists want to destroy the Muslims. They are also not happy that the Jewish people control New york so much as to have to observe all of the Jewish Holidays.
It's ignorant morons like you that spread this kind of crap. First of all, you jerk, it was radical muslims that attacked this country and they want to destroy all of us - Christians and Jews alike. Secondly, you twit, if you really believe that New York is controlled by Jews I would ask you about the Rockefellers, the Whitneys, the Astors, the Vanderbilts, etc - none of these wealthy people are Jews. If you refer to the politicians, remember that they are elected by all the people of the state, including Christians, muslims and athiests. I agree with another writer who responded to your garbage...you sound like one of the people who might be responsible for this. Keep in mind that you are not totally anonymous - the cops can track you through your ISP and I think they just might be interested in your posting.
Fascism sucks

Coram, NY

#18 Oct 3, 2007
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. Since when do the "Zionists" control the White house who put us in this war? Oh, right they don't. Blame the protestant conservatives on that one. Since when do we (In New York) observe all Jewish Holidays? Unless Hannukah isn't a Jewish holiday, we don't.
Nice try.
While there are certainly lots of conservative Jews who might have voted for Bush (and his pet congresscritter King) and who initially swallowed the lie about Iraq having something to do with 9/11 (just like a lot of the rest of the country), this recent neonazi crap is obviously part of a plan by right wing conservatives to make LI's Jews paranoid and fearful so that they will once again back a war of aggression when the time comes. It's so obvious it's not funny.

Don't get fooled again. Refuse to be terrorized and manipulated. This war is benefiting right wing American fascists. So would a war with Iran. Stop letting them push your buttons!
lol

United States

#25 Oct 3, 2007
Sells papers. I do not know, but suspect newsday is jewish owned.
jamesg

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Oct 3, 2007
If I was jewish, and I read this thread, I would be scared. There is a lot of disgusting thoughts and speech in this thread.

Israel is the only true democracy in the middle east, of course we are going to support it. We should support it.

We were attacked by the radical muslim terrorists not because of Israel, but because they hate us.. period. They don't like our way of life or our religion and you idiots who post this stuff are falling right into their trap. Divide and conquer. The conspiracy theories would be laughable if they weren't scary to read. Why is it that people always are drawn to the ridiculous based on anecdotal evidence and subjective opinion?

The absolute stupidity displayed here is amazing.
lol

United States

#29 Oct 3, 2007
jamesg wrote:
If I was jewish, and I read this thread, I would be scared. There is a lot of disgusting thoughts and speech in this thread.
Israel is the only true democracy in the middle east, of course we are going to support it. We should support it.
We were attacked by the radical muslim terrorists not because of Israel, but because they hate us.. period. They don't like our way of life or our religion and you idiots who post this stuff are falling right into their trap. Divide and conquer. The conspiracy theories would be laughable if they weren't scary to read. Why is it that people always are drawn to the ridiculous based on anecdotal evidence and subjective opinion?
The absolute stupidity displayed here is amazing.
You really need to do some research. Start with the stated purpose (in writing) of the reasons for the wtc attack. Blind, unwavering support for a nation which practices aparteid and brutalizes its neighbors is right up there on their list of reasons.

You can deny it forever, but it does not change the fact that it is true.
Pffft

Westbury, NY

#30 Oct 3, 2007
Has nothing to do with the war, or the state of NY or anything rational. It is simple the continuation of the decades old KKK White Supremist absurdity. Hate breeds hate. It's been around longer than any of us and sadly will continue to grow like the repulsive cancer it is. NY is not the only state this sort of thing occurs. It's not all about New York. These vermin are equal opportunity racists and bigots and are global.
some guy

New York, NY

#32 Oct 3, 2007
Tom from Farmingdale is a sad, bitter, angry man whose frustration with his own miserable life manifests itself in irrational hostility towards ethnic and religious minorities. Nobody thinks they're better than you. Nobody cares about you. You are an insignificant nothing.
some guy

New York, NY

#33 Oct 3, 2007
Anyone who thinks that those who mailed out swastikas, a symbol of death and destruction, did so because they are angered by the death and destruction that the U.S. has brought to the middle east, is an idiot.
some other guy

Alexandria, VA

#34 Oct 4, 2007
some guy wrote:
Anyone who thinks that those who mailed out swastikas, a symbol of death and destruction, did so because they are angered by the death and destruction that the U.S. has brought to the middle east, is an idiot.
If you say so.

And I say anyone who does NOT believe it is an idiot.

So we are even.
Fascism sucks

Coram, NY

#35 Oct 4, 2007
This was meant to frighten the Jewish people of Long Island. It would benefit the right wing fascist crazies of the military/industrial complex if we went to war with Iran, but they want to make sure they have all of Israel and American Jews behind them first. So they make the American Jews all paranoid with the swastikas to soften them up, and then start talking about how Iran hates Israel to gain their support. It's pretty clear what the agenda is here. It couldn't be more obvious. The neofascists don't dare kill the Jews this time - there's no way they could get away with it right now because in America the Jews are too powerful. They'd much rather poach their money and their votes away for a war of aggression and profit overseas, that ultimately will put Israel at even more risk than it is now by thoroughly destabilizing the region around it.

Don't get fooled again. Don't let your buttons be pushed. Refuse to be terrorized. Fear is the mind killer.
Izzy Michaels

Englewood, CO

#36 Oct 4, 2007
Ignorant wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ignorant morons like you that spread this kind of crap. First of all, you jerk, it was radical muslims that attacked this country and they want to destroy all of us - Christians and Jews alike. Secondly, you twit, if you really believe that New York is controlled by Jews I would ask you about the Rockefellers, the Whitneys, the Astors, the Vanderbilts, etc - none of these wealthy people are Jews. If you refer to the politicians, remember that they are elected by all the people of the state, including Christians, muslims and athiests. I agree with another writer who responded to your garbage...you sound like one of the people who might be responsible for this. Keep in mind that you are not totally anonymous - the cops can track you through your ISP and I think they just might be interested in your posting.
Wrong, wrong and wrong!! If we stopped our support of Israel and stayed out of that conflict completely these "radical muslims" would not have attacked us. Wake up!
non-minority thinking man

Flushing, NY

#37 Oct 4, 2007
I have a great idea.:->)

Let's see if we can determine if the "message" or information someone posts is true, false or somewhat/semi etc in the middle. Let's not attack or label the messenger[s]. Let's investigate, whether we agree with the hypothesis & reasons for supporting it.

Maybe some things people think are true, aren't true at all & maybe some things people think aren't true, are true!
Fascism sucks

Coram, NY

#38 Oct 4, 2007
Izzy Michaels wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, wrong and wrong!! If we stopped our support of Israel and stayed out of that conflict completely these "radical muslims" would not have attacked us. Wake up!
Sure they would have. The hatred between the Jews and the Muslims is a smokescreen. The real issue is about oil and money. Most of the radical muslims who attacked us were from Saudi Arabia and the UAE, yet we turn around and attack Iraq who had nothing to do with it because the Saudis and the UAE are Halliburton's buddies! What a swindle, and you racist clowns fell for it because to you all Muslims are the same!

This was ALWAYS about oil and money, and this latest spate of trying to manipulate America's Jews into a state of paranoid isolation is just to fan the flames of racist hatred and keep support for the war going. Racism is STUPID. Fear is STUPID. Don't give in to either. Stop letting yourselves be played, and REALLY look at what is going on.
FInally

New York, NY

#42 Oct 4, 2007
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on people, the painting of swastikas in local neighbohoods for any reason is wrong. PERIOD.
However, it is hard to argue that a huge part of our problem with the people of the middle east does NOT stem from our financial and military support of a Jewish homeland (Israel) in the middle of their region.
In addition, the non-jewish population in the U.S. did not want to go over there and start this mess/country (Israel). It was wealthy and influential american and european jews who wanted this and got in the ears of those who could make it happen.
You can read this in any un biased middle east history book.
Imagine mexico shows up with the backing of a bunch of world super powers and said "hey we are taking back a small part of california because a few of our people think they have a claim to that land, particulary Los Angeles because they had ancestors there a long time ago," and they take over los angeles. This land that they have taken is not big, so why would us americans care, after all it was theirs once upon a time.....
There would be an ameircan jihad on mexico and whoever else is associated with them!
I have been saying this for years and even sent a letter to bill oreilly about this (ive since come to my senses and havent even watched is show in about 3 years) but of course everyone calls me racist and calls the palestinians terrorists or what not and they blow people up etc etc etc and when I try to explain WHY they do what they do im laughed at, its nice that someone else 'gets' this but trust me its not even worth typing this these people are wayyyy too stupid and brainwashed to understand what you mean in this post, excellent job by the way
some guy

New York, NY

#43 Oct 4, 2007
some other guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
And I say anyone who does NOT believe it is an idiot.
So we are even.
I'm happy to discuss further. People angry over the war in Iraq tend to be somewhere between normal and peacnik types, i.e, not the type who send out swastikas. You say no. Why. I stand by my original point which is that swastika senders and the anti-war movement have little overlap.
some guy

New York, NY

#44 Oct 4, 2007
FInally wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been saying this for years and even sent a letter to bill oreilly about this (ive since come to my senses and havent even watched is show in about 3 years) but of course everyone calls me racist and calls the palestinians terrorists or what not and they blow people up etc etc etc and when I try to explain WHY they do what they do im laughed at, its nice that someone else 'gets' this but trust me its not even worth typing this these people are wayyyy too stupid and brainwashed to understand what you mean in this post, excellent job by the way
What about when the United States first took it from Mexico? What's the statute of limitations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obituary - Babette R. Harper (May '11) 13 hr David Wilson 2
Dogwood la 17 hr Sambee 1
Ray Rice -- Charity Blitzkrieg ... In Image Mak... Tue 333stenbrian 1
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Mon GODBlessAmerica 11
Handel's Messiah Mon Son of Man 2
Sea Cliff Birthdays (Jun '10) Dec 22 world traveler 8
New Rochelle (Sep '07) Dec 22 Bayview 3,343

Roslyn News Video

Roslyn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Roslyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Roslyn News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Roslyn

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:12 am PST

NBC Sports 4:12AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Odell Beckham picks up $10,000 fine
NBC Sports 4:41 AM
Rex Ryan thinks Aaron Donald can't hold Sheldon Richardson's jock
NFL 7:57 AM
Geno Smith: I see myself as Jets' QB for a long time
NBC Sports 8:18 AM
Geno Smith: I'm part of the problem, I want to be part of the solution