Man arrested in hit-and-run that killed doctor

There are 69 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 20, 2008, titled Man arrested in hit-and-run that killed doctor. In it, Newsday reports that:

Police arrested a man yesterday they say is connected to the hit-and-run collision in Roslyn Heights last July that killed a popular doctor as he went to pick up dinner for his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“ANARCHY... NEXT STOP”

Since: Sep 07

NY

#1 Feb 20, 2008
"Days after the crash, police found the damaged auto, which still had traces of Siegel's DNA on it."

Then why did it take 8 months?
Lisa

Smithtown, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2008
Another sad commentary on the state of the human race.
John

Bronx, NY

#3 Feb 20, 2008
because at the time, as reported in this newspaper the woman who owns the car wouldn't tell the police who was driving the vehicle. I always questioned how that was an acceptable answer to the police and why the newspaper never clarified that response. I now want to know and we are not being told, what made the police decide that its this 19 year old who was driving the vehicle, and not some other guy. They are not telling us what evidence made them arrest this specific guy. I work around the block from the house where this kid lives. I rememeber seeing the gold color acord in the driveway back then. Just last week I saw 2 guys park on the street and going into that house, they were both about 20 years old i would have guessed. I bet one of them is this guy who killed the doctor.
Fellow RN

Lake Grove, NY

#4 Feb 20, 2008
Dr. Siegel was an excellent physician and he is still much missed. Our sympathy to his wife and daughters.
JamesG

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 20, 2008
"They questioned the owner of the car, 44-year-old Dalia Davoudi of Russell Street in Roslyn Heights, but neither she nor the men associated with her would talk to police."

Harboring a fugitive? Aiding and abetting?

There has to be some charge that can be leveled against them.

No snitch policy at work.
Bob

Washington, DC

#6 Feb 20, 2008
How is it that people can just "not talk to police" and get away with it? Isn't this what the Kennedy's did for years with the murder of that girl that the cousin was finally convicted of? Surely the system needs to change. If you fail to cooperate, you should be arrested. Period. And that goes for all involved with any kind of cover up. Go to jail or talk.
Eye4Eye

AOL

#7 Feb 20, 2008
John wrote:
Just last week I saw 2 guys park on the street and going into that house, they were both about 20 years old i would have guessed. I bet one of them is this guy who killed the doctor.
If one of them was a Persian with red hair (rare, but true), then bingo, he was the guy! Do society a favor and run him over next time you see him walking along Roslyn Road! Send me the bill for any damage you incur.
Joey Walnuts

Fort Lee, NJ

#8 Feb 20, 2008
John wrote:
because at the time, as reported in this newspaper the woman who owns the car wouldn't tell the police who was driving the vehicle. I always questioned how that was an acceptable answer to the police and why the newspaper never clarified that response. I now want to know and we are not being told, what made the police decide that its this 19 year old who was driving the vehicle, and not some other guy. They are not telling us what evidence made them arrest this specific guy.
Musta been the waterboarding...
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#9 Feb 20, 2008
They'll never be closure for Jeff Siegel's family. He'll still be dead 6' under and this Sadian scum will be out in a couple of years & will be back out on the road causing more harm or worse killing someone shattering another family. The only alternative is this. LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE!!!!! Keep him off the streets forver, this pathetic loser.
MrsFedUp

AOL

#10 Feb 20, 2008
Great that the police got their hands on someone... Tell us PLEASE, why it took 7-8 months to grab someone when in fact DNA was collected shortly after the incident?? Don't know whether that is GOOD police work or not !! With our system of "Revolving Door Justice", this guy will probably get a slap on the wrist, pay some fines and go back to doing what he usually does.
john

Eastchester, NY

#11 Feb 20, 2008
John wrote:
because at the time, as reported in this newspaper the woman who owns the car wouldn't tell the police who was driving the vehicle. I always questioned how that was an acceptable answer to the police and why the newspaper never clarified that response. I now want to know and we are not being told, what made the police decide that its this 19 year old who was driving the vehicle, and not some other guy. They are not telling us what evidence made them arrest this specific guy. I work around the block from the house where this kid lives. I rememeber seeing the gold color acord in the driveway back then. Just last week I saw 2 guys park on the street and going into that house, they were both about 20 years old i would have guessed. I bet one of them is this guy who killed the doctor.
You don't have a clue. NCPD doesn't have to disclose evidence in the press so lowlifes like you can "guess" and "bet" who did this. NCPD has thier evidence and will procede forward and the jury will decide this creeps fate. If you know so much why didn't you contact the police and disclose info. Are you this creeps friend?
wha

Shirley, NY

#12 Feb 20, 2008
the owner of the car "refused to talk to the police"? what? there had better be consequences. If a person refuses to talk to the police that is an admission that they have something to hide. This is great that they got the creep but I can't see how it had to take so long. The poor Siegel family -- all that agony. Here we have another example of a productive high achieving responsible citizen being felled by a low level deviant arrogant foreigner.
Citizen

Port Washington, NY

#13 Feb 20, 2008
Don't worry All....this guy will make many new "Friends" in prison...close friends...VERY close friends.
John

Bronx, NY

#15 Feb 20, 2008
john wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have a clue. NCPD doesn't have to disclose evidence in the press so lowlifes like you can "guess" and "bet" who did this. NCPD has thier evidence and will procede forward and the jury will decide this creeps fate. If you know so much why didn't you contact the police and disclose info. Are you this creeps friend?
Contact the policy and disclose info! i no freaking clue who these people are. Newsday reported that they found the gold acord on Russel Street. If you look on a map, Russel Street is 2 blocks long and very shorts ones too. After the police were finished taking evidence the car was in their driveway. All you had to do was drive down Russel Street and see the Gold Acord in the driveway. If i rememeber correctly the plates had been removed.

The guy who posted first today wanted to know why there were 8 months in between the finding of the car and arrest of this hit and run idiot, and I want to know why too. I want to know what finally led the Police to figure out who inside the house or related to that house had done it. Reread my original statement,i'm questionning why the policy couldnt force the woman to reveal who was driving the car. As other people said following my statement, isn't it like aiding and abetting. If anyone is trying to protect this 19 year old jerk its probably you. I pass this house every single day that I leave work and go home. One time i see two guys who look like they are about 20 going into the house, but i do not rememeber what they loook like, except they were definitly Persians, and it just happnened last week. I even said to my wife something to the effect of "i wonder what happened with that story, if the police ever found out what happened there."
proof

Morristown, NJ

#18 Feb 20, 2008
abyss wrote:
"Days after the crash, police found the damaged auto, which still had traces of Siegel's DNA on it."
to prove who was actually driving the car since it was owned by a woman and witnesses saw a man at the wheel. use your head...come on
john

Eastchester, NY

#19 Feb 20, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Contact the policy and disclose info! i no freaking clue who these people are. Newsday reported that they found the gold acord on Russel Street. If you look on a map, Russel Street is 2 blocks long and very shorts ones too. After the police were finished taking evidence the car was in their driveway. All you had to do was drive down Russel Street and see the Gold Acord in the driveway. If i rememeber correctly the plates had been removed.
The guy who posted first today wanted to know why there were 8 months in between the finding of the car and arrest of this hit and run idiot, and I want to know why too. I want to know what finally led the Police to figure out who inside the house or related to that house had done it. Reread my original statement,i'm questionning why the policy couldnt force the woman to reveal who was driving the car. As other people said following my statement, isn't it like aiding and abetting. If anyone is trying to protect this 19 year old jerk its probably you. I pass this house every single day that I leave work and go home. One time i see two guys who look like they are about 20 going into the house, but i do not rememeber what they loook like, except they were definitly Persians, and it just happnened last week. I even said to my wife something to the effect of "i wonder what happened with that story, if the police ever found out what happened there."
#1- I hope this cretin is prosecuted and lives the majority of his life in jail.#2- you "guessed" that these so called people ran this poor guy over.#3 There is no urgency to rush on a homicide investigation. There is no statue of limitations on homicides. NCPD has gathered all the evidence they need to make this a lock solid case.#4- Unfortunately the female doesn't have to talk with police at this present time. I would love to see her squim on the stand when she testifies. Then she will have to talk.
JamesG

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Feb 20, 2008
Thanks Newsday, for getting all the facts...

Oh wait, how did thy fail to report that the woman who owned the car is actually this little red headed punk's mother?

I am sure his cute little haircut and goatee will be very popular in prison. It will give his mother something nice to think about that maybe her little darling can find his life partner in prison.
John

Bronx, NY

#21 Feb 20, 2008
proof wrote:
<quoted text>
to prove who was actually driving the car since it was owned by a woman and witnesses saw a man at the wheel. use your head...come on
I think what Abyss, myself and many others who have commeted are saying is how the hell does it take 8 months to figure out who did this. Why does the law allow the owner of the car not give out the info of who has possession of her car. She should have been jailed until she released the info.

I myself want know know what evidence eventually led to the 19 years olds arrest. I guess Newsday is not allowed to report that, or they don't know themselves as per the first idiot who attacked me. But in other crimes they have reported what the evidence is, so how the hell am i supposed to know! Also the DNA on the car was of the doctors(per the past article) so that doesn't explain how they decided it was this kid.

I rememeber details, because its basically like a crime happening next door to your house, except instead it was a 15 second drive from where i work.
You must be confused

Nashville, TN

#22 Feb 20, 2008
abyss wrote:
The DNA they found was of Siegel, who is the victim, not the accused, so how does that make it a slam dunk to figure out the case? Turns out it is not even the cowardly owner of the car who is accused (the obvious first person to confront). But since witnesses saw a male and the owner was a female and she apparently did not cooperate, the police have to play the game to figure out who's guilty. She should be charged with obstruction of justice. What dirtbags. Try reading the article next time.
jonathan

United States

#23 Feb 20, 2008
i think you pepl are stuped for locking the kid up it was a accdent let him go and let him get no with his life i fell bad for him and so douse ever one else it was a mastack your not going to get the docter back by uting the kid away for a long time u goveverment pepl are patatic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beach in New Rochelle (Jan '10) 4 hr Donald Francis 32
News Muslims Protest Police Policies: "Walking While... (Mar '13) 5 hr mohammed was a pe... 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) 21 hr veronica 26
News Long Island wife Kelly Forbes charged with stra... (Dec '07) 21 hr BUBBLESNY 80
News 50 Drug Trafficking Suspects Arrested In New Ro... Sun Hudson Park Guy 2
News No evidence placing Hillary at murder scene, po... Sat Racism not factor 11
News Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Sat mjjcpa 14
More from around the web

Roslyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]