No charges for gay couple seeking mar...

No charges for gay couple seeking marriage license

There are 31 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 10, 2008, titled No charges for gay couple seeking marriage license. In it, Newsday reports that:

Charges against a gay couple from Roslyn who refused to leave Oyster Bay Town Hall when their request for a marriage license was denied were dismissed yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Death to humans!”

Since: Jul 08

A long way from here...

#23 Jul 25, 2008
Confused wrote:
It affected my life by them
sending out a mass mailing that
reached my mailbox asking for support.
I do not support their beliefs or request and hope it will never be granted.
How dare they push THEIR STRANGE beliefs on me.
Maybe Dr., you have an attorney friend you
can refer them to and draw up a "PARTNERSHIP" document.
SHAME ON THEM!!!
SHAME ON YOU Dr.!!!
I got a mailing from a cancer charity asking for money. Should we ban them, too?

Letting these two people get married will in no way change your life. If they each got married to opposite-sex partners it wouldn't change your life either.
confused

Blauvelt, NY

#24 Jul 26, 2008
Sadtosee wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you believe neither in freedom, nor equality. At least their "strange beliefs" deal with their own lives, and don't spread hatred, ignorance and bigotry upon others - something you are doing yourself.
Perhaps you should move to a nation that does not strive for freedom and equality (even if we do not yet meet those goals, for we still have many bigots such as yourself)
I am not spreading anything nor pushing anything on others.
It's the gays pushing THEIR STRANGE BELIEFS on others. I am not spreading hatred. I am voicing my opinion just like everyone else on this blog...THAT IS MY RIGHT!!!!
I am not sending out a mailing to them to believe in what I do.
confused

Blauvelt, NY

#25 Jul 26, 2008
Misplaced Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a mailing from a cancer charity asking for money. Should we ban them, too?
Letting these two people get married will in no way change your life. If they each got married to opposite-sex partners it wouldn't change your life either.
YOU MUST BE JOKING!!!!
No comparisson at all.
Man marrying man or woman marrying woman is not NORMAL!!!
Dr Remulac

Centereach, NY

#26 Jul 26, 2008
hey confused, I think you are confused indeed. In fact, you are gay.
Sadtosee

Glen Cove, NY

#27 Jul 28, 2008
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not spreading anything nor pushing anything on others.
It's the gays pushing THEIR STRANGE BELIEFS on others. I am not spreading hatred. I am voicing my opinion just like everyone else on this blog...THAT IS MY RIGHT!!!!
I am not sending out a mailing to them to believe in what I do.
You are correct in that you have the freedom to spread your bigotry. We have the freedom to call you out for what you are.

Although you spew bigotry, I respect your freedom to do so. A shame you do not do the same for others.

“Death to humans!”

A long way from here...

#28 Jul 28, 2008
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU MUST BE JOKING!!!!
No comparisson at all.
Man marrying man or woman marrying woman is not NORMAL!!!
Who cares if it is "normal" or not? How does it hurt you? Most gays mind their own business. Why don't you mind your own?
Bill Jefferson Clinton

South Hadley, MA

#29 Jul 28, 2008
I heard that those gay boys give good head!
Monica, I still love you!
Zen

Wharton, NJ

#30 Jul 28, 2008
Misplaced Texan wrote:
Can we get the government out of the marriage business?
Marriage is all about the government. Marriage is NOTHING MORE than a government-backed legal contract that grants the signers certain rights and requirements.

How about we take the RELIGION out of marriages?
confused

Blauvelt, NY

#31 Jul 29, 2008
Misplaced Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if it is "normal" or not? How does it hurt you? Most gays mind their own business. Why don't you mind your own?
I don't care what they do!!!
It doesn't hurt me at all.
I was minding my business in my home
till they mailed me a letter requesting me to go to the village hall in support of them.
I don't support them in their request to be "MARRIED" and did not go. Nor did I mail them a letter to their home expressing my beliefs.
Let them live happily together and have a "PARTNERSHIP" document drawn up....DO NOT CALL IT MARRIAGE!!!! THAT IS THE POINT I WAS MAKING & EXPRESSING.
I WAS NOT NOR AM I EXPRESSING HATRED.
Zen

Wharton, NJ

#32 Jul 29, 2008
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
till they mailed me a letter requesting me to go to the village hall in support of them.
I don't support them in their request to be "MARRIED" and did not go. Nor did I mail them a letter to their home expressing my beliefs.
Let them live happily together and have a "PARTNERSHIP" document drawn up....DO NOT CALL IT MARRIAGE!!!! THAT IS THE POINT I WAS MAKING & EXPRESSING.
Are YOU willing to give up your right to enter into a government-backed legal contract - aka marriage?

“Death to humans!”

A long way from here...

#33 Jul 29, 2008
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
If it doesn't hurt you at all, then why do you care what they call it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Frontier Collision (Aug '13) 13 hr Joe 3
Charities / Donations in Valley Stream 17 hr whakarewarewa 1
News Mom finds baby dead in stroller Thu Paul Yanks 2
News A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) Wed troothpaste 1,121
News Massapequa Man Arrested for Bank Robbery (Mar '10) Wed teamnotanelsonbut... 19
News Way to Go: Irene Kowalski, Merrick May 27 RacistFireCrotchB... 1
News Deadline Pushed For New Rochelle Redevelopment ... May 27 333stenbrian 1
More from around the web

Roslyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]