Firefighter museum doubles in size

Full story: Newsday

Eighteen months after opening with a small, $3-million fire-safety education exhibit in a Mitchel Field hangar, the Francis X. Pendl Nassau County Firefighters Museum and Education Center has doubled its space ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17

Since: Feb 07

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

truth wrote:
what we need is our taxes cut in half...not museums honoring drunk irish
We didn't have C camps so just shut your A Hole.
truth be known

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

You are a bitter little man. The fact is they would coming to your rescue regardless of what a prlck you are.
AMERICAN VET

Castleton On Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

truth wrote:
THAT MUST BE YOUR A-- HOLE TALKING BECAUSE I'M SURE YOUR MOUTH KNOWS BETTER.
Firefighter Fiance

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Thats very low..these men are volunteer and the saves your lives everyday anytime. To disrepect them like that is very sad. I hope when your house is on fire they miss it.
Joe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

truth wrote:
You should be stuck on a top floor when one of The Bravy men come to your sorryass rescue.24/7
Bogsted

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Well the museums are in good shape but having Suozzi chair a commision on property taxes is like having Chad Pennington give a speech on how to beat the Patriots. Nassau is sinking in debt....
jdw

Frostburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Sounds like a cool field trip for the elementary and middle schoolers. When I think back to those distant school days, I'm willing to bet that most of my class would've liked the fire trucks better than the boring Restoration Village trip we took every couple of years.

For the half-day off from classes and the better-than-usual brown bag lunches that will surely result for the future kids of Long Island, I support the museum.
Jane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Boy o boy aren't the vollies defensive. Truth be told other than those in your little club, no one really gives a sh*& about your museum. The average citizen is tired of the blantant disregard for the taxpayer dollar and the abuse of the taxpayer dollar to fund your nonsense ! A paid department would at least provide accountability and do away with the notion of nobility and priveledge the current volunteers live by. Those SUV's that the dept's buy (at our expenses so your fat wives and ugly kids can get driven all over town) for the sake of needing them in bad weather and the gas we pay for, we'll its the middle of Feb, and no real snow yet. How about a compact 4-wheel drive that doesn't cost $75 to fill up (x how many vehicles)???????
taxpayer

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

We all know the story, play the heroe game and steal as much cash as you can get your hands on

Since: Nov 07

Brooklyn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

fire fighters deserve crap. they aren't heroes. They are nothing but trash and I'd rather save myself from a fire than be "rescued" by these pieces of trash.
Not Jane

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Jane wrote:
Boy o boy aren't the vollies defensive. Truth be told other than those in your little club, no one really gives a sh*& about your museum. The average citizen is tired of the blantant disregard for the taxpayer dollar and the abuse of the taxpayer dollar to fund your nonsense ! A paid department would at least provide accountability and do away with the notion of nobility and priveledge the current volunteers live by. Those SUV's that the dept's buy (at our expenses so your fat wives and ugly kids can get driven all over town) for the sake of needing them in bad weather and the gas we pay for, we'll its the middle of Feb, and no real snow yet. How about a compact 4-wheel drive that doesn't cost $75 to fill up (x how many vehicles)???????
How do you know any of the others who posted are "vollies"? If you feel so strongly why dont you do something about it and run for commissioner? Oh, thats right you would have to get off your couch and put down the bon bons.
rick

Hampden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

would love to see more of a story about frank pendl, he was quite a man who helped his community and county. he trained alot of us volunteers and was respected by all.glad to see he got an honor he deserves.
Museum fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

If you want more info about the museum go to www.ncfiremuseum.org .. Where did all of this hatred come from?? It was built with hard work, donations and fund raising.. Frank would have been (is) proud...

Since: Feb 07

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

captain america- wrote:
fire fighters deserve crap. they aren't heroes. They are nothing but trash and I'd rather save myself from a fire than be "rescued" by these pieces of trash.
You have to stop using drugs.
tigger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

To all that oppose this musemum...after all that we have been through as family and friends during and after 9-11. Maybe some of you weren't effected by it (as I can see in your comments),don't you think that we have had enough slashing each other. It's time that our kids had something to look forward to! If not you burning in that building, then think of your Mom or your children that may be in that house that is burning while we are paying too much for those vollies(in taxes) to put that fire out....and as for the museum maybe your kids or grandchildren would like to become one of those vollies to help someone in desperete need instead of burning alive...Just a thought
TLITLKITIS

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

is it going to have an 80ft bar and 65 inch plasma tv?
im tired of every fireman referring to 9-11. please , most of these guys couldn't climb an 8ft extension ladder, make it stop!!
Save the fondation!!

Since: Nov 07

Brooklyn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

tigger wrote:
To all that oppose this musemum...after all that we have been through as family and friends during and after 9-11. Maybe some of you weren't effected by it (as I can see in your comments),don't you think that we have had enough slashing each other. It's time that our kids had something to look forward to! If not you burning in that building, then think of your Mom or your children that may be in that house that is burning while we are paying too much for those vollies(in taxes) to put that fire out....and as for the museum maybe your kids or grandchildren would like to become one of those vollies to help someone in desperete need instead of burning alive...Just a thought
can u knock it off w/ 9/11.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Roslyn News Video

•••
•••

Roslyn Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Roslyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••