No arrests for Roslyn Heights fatal h...

No arrests for Roslyn Heights fatal hit-and-run

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 8, 2007, titled No arrests for Roslyn Heights fatal hit-and-run. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nassau police Sunday were still investigating a hit-and-run in Roslyn Heights that killed an Old Westbury physician and had not yet made an arrest, a police spokesman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wendy Winkelman

Tenafly, NJ

#1 Jul 9, 2007
With all of the vehicle-related clues the NCPD has to work with, one would have expected a speedy arrest. Maybe the DMV's computers are down.
Tracey Locust Valley NY

Valley Stream, NY

#3 Jul 9, 2007
Jeff is one of the most caring physicians I have ever met. What a great loss for his family and patients. My prayers are with them during this time of sorrow.
Alan Arizona

AOL

#4 Jul 9, 2007
He was not a heart doctor. He was a pulmonary doctor. A friend of mine.
I worked at the hospital in the 90s and he was a very caring doctor. always asked how things are, great with patients!

Rest in peace, my friend.
Shalom.
Wow

United States

#5 Jul 9, 2007
Wendy Winkelman wrote:
With all of the vehicle-related clues the NCPD has to work with, one would have expected a speedy arrest. Maybe the DMV's computers are down.
Maybe the partial plate is wrong. The eyewitness was probably educated on Long Island, after all. Perhaps they need to spend more time "axing" questions at the "lie-berry"
Jennifer LaChance

Bronx, NY

#6 Jul 9, 2007
My Mom phoned me yesterday morning with this tragic news and I truly felt like I lost a family member! We've been patients of Dr. Jeffrey Siegel's for several years now and I don't know of any other doctor who was as naturally caring as he was. My prayers are with his family and staff at this extremely difficult time!
Robert Rosenberg

New York, NY

#7 Jul 9, 2007
I was at the scene when this tragedy occurred. I was standing half a block away when the accident occurred and to my recollection only one person saw the actual impact. I am not sure if he is the person who reported the license plate letters – what I do know is that it was raining very hard at the time of the accident and that there were no other people on the street. When I head that someone had seen the license plate I was shocked. By the time that I looked in the direction of the accident, which couldn’t have been more than 2 seconds after I heard the impact, all that could be seen was the gold Honda speeding around a bend in the road. I and the 3 other gentleman raced over to see if the man needed help. I truly hope that the person who gave the information about the license plates was honest in what he saw and that the animal who fled the scene is apprehended and punished to the full extent of the law.
Dawn Rogers-Weir

New York, NY

#8 Jul 10, 2007
My deepest condolences to a wonderful physician. I am shocked and speachlesss. I am very saddened by his passing and hope his family and his office staff are able to get through this very difficult time.
june

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jul 13, 2007
I am astounded by your disrespectful indifference to the tragic death of a beloved and respected member of our local medical community. This brilliant physician was a caring and compitent professional, who, contrary to your ingnorant belief, was a well educated citizen of Long Island.
Wow

United States

#10 Jul 14, 2007
june wrote:
who, contrary to your ingnorant belief, was a well educated citizen of Long Island.
And THAT is a very rare species.
Jaime

Orange Park, FL

#11 Jan 4, 2008
I feel bad for the family for the sad tradgedy. I cant get over how they have not found the person who did this. I hope they pay for this! God will take care of them I just wish the law would as well and justice would be surved.
A Rash of Hit and Runs

Port Washington, NY

#12 Jan 4, 2008
What is it with the rash of unsolved hit and run accidents?

One would think it was "bad for business" not to solve these.
Jacki

Andover, MA

#13 Feb 7, 2008
Does anyone know if anything further has happened with this horrific accident. I was also a patient of Dr. Siegel's and he, under any circumstance, was a wonderful, caring, compassionate, talented doctor. I really hope that this heinous crime does not go unpunished. Last I had heard they found the car but the owner would not cooperate - whatever happened to arresting someone for obstruction of justice!!!
No kidding

Port Washington, NY

#14 Feb 8, 2008
Contrary to the other poster's opinion, it seems it is "bad for business" to solve these hit and runs or charge anyone.

Powerful people? Payola? What do you think?
paulie walnuts

Bronx, NY

#15 Feb 9, 2008
No kidding wrote:
Powerful people? Payola? What do you think?
There's nothing like that here...this is all about a dirtbag kid, hated by most, being protected by a mother living with so many males in the house that the cops can't specifically pin it on her son.....no power, no money, just scum and garbage...to think absolute filth like these people could take someone like Jeff away from the community and family he served is one of the greatest inequities in life.....the flip side is that Davoudi and his stanky mother can run, but they can't hide. Their time is coming.....nuff said....
No kidding

Port Washington, NY

#16 Feb 14, 2008
paulie walnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing like that here...this is all about a dirtbag kid, hated by most, being protected by a mother living with so many males in the house that the cops can't specifically pin it on her son.....no power, no money, just scum and garbage...to think absolute filth like these people could take someone like Jeff away from the community and family he served is one of the greatest inequities in life.....the flip side is that Davoudi and his stanky mother can run, but they can't hide. Their time is coming.....nuff said....
I hear you on this case, but there are many more hit-and-run cases than this one, and most do not seem to rise to the level that authorities do anything reactively or proactively to solve them.

Leads me back to the conclusion that it is considered "bad for business" to acknowledge or pursue them.
John Police Officer

Bronx, NY

#17 Feb 16, 2008
Why dosn't D.A. Rice drag the owner of the Honda in front of a Grand Jury. Is she to busy giving the drug dealers a deal they can't refuse.
No kidding

Port Washington, NY

#18 Feb 17, 2008
John Police Officer wrote:
Why dosn't D.A. Rice drag the owner of the Honda in front of a Grand Jury. Is she to busy giving the drug dealers a deal they can't refuse.
And why doesn't NCPD go out and find the rest of the perps in these crimes.
fred

Pelham, NY

#19 Feb 23, 2008
I am sure the kid has done something very wrong & I feel sadden for the family of Dr. Siegel for their lost, keep in mind this accident has destroyed two people life’s. A family without father and panic 19 years old kid which his life has been destroyed by making wrong decision. I don't think Dr.segal in heaven asking for hard punishment for this kid.
I pray for both families.
WOW

AOL

#20 Feb 23, 2008
fred wrote:
I am sure the kid has done something very wrong & I feel sadden for the family of Dr. Siegel for their lost, keep in mind this accident has destroyed two people life’s. A family without father and panic 19 years old kid which his life has been destroyed by making wrong decision. I don't think Dr.segal in heaven asking for hard punishment for this kid.
Freddie, baby.....night courses please...English as a fifth language perhaps....Thanks for speaking for Jeff, by the way. He'd be proud to have you as his spokesman. I'm sure his 3 young, fatherless daughters and his hundreds of patients completely agree with you. Ever think of running for office? I thought Barrack had a way with words and thought until I read your passionate discourse.....
Jacki

Andover, MA

#21 Jul 11, 2008
fred wrote:
Obviously the family of this degenerate 19 year old is as pathetic as he is a coward. For his mother to have protected him as long as she did makes her just as guilty and she should be prosecuted as well. Even "throwing the book" at this brat will never fill the void in the wife and 3 children that have been left behind. That is the family that should receive prayers - not the family/cowards who caused this tragic incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Rochelle (Sep '07) 2 hr babylady 3,381
News Nassau Cop Gets Community Service for Stealing ... (Jun '12) Sat Anonymous 4
News Rape Arrests Sat 333stenbrian 1
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Apr 21 Elisabeth Vescovi 6
Drug Selling Mortorcycle rider(s) Apr 19 Kar-101 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Apr 18 Christicandullo 52
Review: Floral Park Dental Care - Michael Lang DDS (Sep '09) Apr 16 Chrissiecass 38

Roslyn Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Heights Mortgages