Review: Deli Boss Of Roslyn

Review: Deli Boss Of Roslyn

Posted in the Roslyn Heights Forum

phluffhead856

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 5, 2011
just tried this place last week for the first time, its delicious! nothing like matzah ball soup and a knish on a cold winters day and its as good as the soup my grandma used to make. ironically, today i was looking to see what other people thought about it and i found a site called grublife metro which I've never heard of, but they are offering 50% off at DeliBoss. if only i found it last week.
Gilli G

New York, NY

#2 Jan 13, 2011
I tried Grublife Metro also, but they charged my credit card 5 times. I would not trust them, it is very unprofessional. I tried calling them but I did not get any answer.
rachel

AOL

#3 Jan 27, 2011
for the best deli in the area you should try andels. its been around for 60 years and has the best food on long island. its been rated as the one of the top 5 delis on long island and i can attest to that fact. my family has been a customer for years. love it there
Falafel18

Forest Hills, NY

#4 May 27, 2011
I decided to place a large order for Passover after reading a favorable review of Deli Boss in the New York Times. I printed out their online Passover menu, and called in the order, and I asked if I could pay COD, as I don't feel comfortable giving out my credit card and I don't want to risk getting overcharged "by mistake". I was told that since I was a new customer, that could not be done. So, I asked what the total due was, including tax and delivery, and it came out to $400. Sure enough, two days later my card was charged $435. I called and spoke to the same person, he apologized and said apparently, I was charged tax, twice. Then, this was the conversation when I asked how I can get my $35 back; Mistah, I can chaj ya cad again, faw da rite amount, and den you get refunded in a few dayz. No. How bout I give you dirty five dolliz wort of cakez and cookiez for da Seydeh? No. How bout I give you a dirty five dolleh staw credit? No. Ok Mistah how bout I give you dirty five dolliz in cash wit da driva when you get da delivery? Sounds good. Ok Mistah sorry about all dis. Then, the food was delivered. Shockingly, 90% of all the food was not labeled, I had to "guess" what each container held. The other 10% of the containers had hand written stickers on them. As I was putting away the food, I noticed that many of the meatballs looked "odd". I opened up the containers, and for the "odd looking" meatballs, I tasted a piece; it was a mushroom! With some matzah meal stuffed inside it! I ordered four dozen meatballs, and two dozen were actually mushrooms! I called the store, and I said I never ordered stuffed mushrooms, and I want the meatballs I ordered delivered. Politely, I offered advice that they should invest in a computerized label maker, so "similar looking foods" do not get mistaken for each other. I was told "Yes, you're right, but this is our first Passover, and mistakes happen...". So, I had my two dozen mushrooms ready to be traded for the second delivery, for the missing two dozen meatballs. This "exchange" was down to the wire, a few hours before Passover Eve. The delivery guy came, we exchanged, and I thought all would be right. I almost passed out when, after the delivery guy left, I opened the packages of the meatballs (each now completely swimming in red sauce, as opposed to the dry meatballs I got on the first delivery), and, INCREDIBLY, one dozen "meatballs", were stuffed mushrooms! Covered in meatball sauce! I called the store and it was closed. So, for the meals, we were now short one dozen meatballs (cost for this food not received =$12), and had to eat stuffed mushrooms (which nobody cared for). Overall, the fully cooked meat dishes were excellent. The soups and some appetizers were average or below average, but were eaten. Sadly, these were the foods that we had to throw out (yes, actually put in the garbage pail, as the taste ranged from "food cement" to revolting): 1) Three containers of "Peach and Apple Charlotte". In reality, all this was, was badly cooked matzah brei with slices of peaches placed on the top. 2) One container of "Mushroom and Onion Charlotte". More badly cooked matzah brei with bits of mushroom placed inside. 3) One whole "Ginger Peach Duck". A horrid, rubbery, fatty duck. Even a pit bull would have a tough time eating this bird. 4) Two containers of "Sweet Potato Puree". This tasted like it was sweet potatoes from a can, with some pineapple juice poured into it. Awful. 5) One container of "Carrot and Dried Cranberry Salad". This was a stunner of a failed dish. All it was, was thinly sliced carrots. Thats it. No added juices or spices and not a "dried cranberry" in sight. So, that's $100 worth of food never eaten, and $12 of meatballs never received. Turned what should of been a nice, festive family holiday into...not a nice one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) 20 hr troothpaste 1,121
News Massapequa Man Arrested for Bank Robbery (Mar '10) Wed teamnotanelsonbut... 19
News Way to Go: Irene Kowalski, Merrick Wed RacistFireCrotchB... 1
News Deadline Pushed For New Rochelle Redevelopment ... Wed 333stenbrian 1
News Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach attracts huge ... Wed USAFSF Ret 1
New Rochelle (Sep '07) May 26 Stanley Thal 3,353
Beach in New Rochelle (Jan '10) May 25 Donald Francis 32
More from around the web

Roslyn Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]