Boy, 14, beaten for cell phone

Boy, 14, beaten for cell phone

There are 38 comments on the Newsday story from May 10, 2007, titled Boy, 14, beaten for cell phone. In it, Newsday reports that:

Two men said they wanted to buy his cell phone, so a 14-year-old showed up at the arranged Roslyn Heights location to make the sale.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TOSH

New Hyde Park, NY

#32 May 10, 2007
What the hell is wrong with young kids today? You don't go around beating people for their personal things. Get a job. Let the two of them do time in jail like adults....
Bowana

Huntington Station, NY

#33 May 10, 2007
TOSH wrote:
What the hell is wrong with young kids today? You don't go around beating people for their personal things. Get a job. Let the two of them do time in jail like adults....
We gots to rob from whoever we can. It's our way bro! Now how would dat look if we went out and made an honest living? Dats da white mans way. Not ours!! We ain't doin' nuttin' fo' no-body! Y'all come back here in 1000 years and see how we still hasn't changed!!!
Thanks

Overland Park, KS

#34 May 10, 2007
Thanks to the mothers who had the foresight to give their kids names that would make identification easy. Newsday's policy of 'burying the truth' can't even hide that!
And it's nice that, even in a town that is otherwise nice, like Roslyn, that someone thought of placing 'projects' there. Now Roslyn can get their opportunity to shine along with other places that have been made marginally inhabitable by the lowlifes who live there.
friend of 14 yr old kid

Roslyn Heights, NY

#35 May 10, 2007
its a shame
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#36 May 10, 2007
Hmmm Zaire & Trimelle. Sounds like a couple of nappy hos from the ghetto. This is unusual for Roslyn Hts. Nice suburb on the North Shore. Then again, nothing surprises me> Sounds like two vermin hail from Roosevelt, Freeport or Wyandanch.
Uncle Rusty

Old Bridge, NJ

#37 May 10, 2007
The area right by the Roslyn train station there isnt exactly Beverly Hills.
YEahhhh

New Hyde Park, NY

#39 May 10, 2007
NIMBY Island wrote:
Isn't Roslyn Heights just a rest area off the Long Island Expressway
Roslyn heights has multi-million dollar homes...Go to the country club section on town partnaaa
Lord Fontelroy

Palm City, FL

#41 May 10, 2007
vinnie wrote:
Trimelle and Zaire, these kids never had a chance, jail the people who named them!
What it bees--- what it ams--would you prefer perhaps Darnell and Jerome?
Nappy

Lindenhurst, NY

#42 May 10, 2007
Just another reason why certain individuals should not reproduce.
anonymous

Babylon, NY

#45 May 10, 2007
to clear this up, it is said that he was set up by some other kids at school, and did not talk to the guys before they met him, and supposedly one of them men was carrying a gun, but didnt pull it out. now i didnt make that stuff up, though im not 100% sure its true
William Strockbine

Tiverton, RI

#48 May 11, 2007
Good work, NCPD! And a serious appreciation medal to the good Samaritan.
Lee

Roslyn Heights, NY

#50 May 11, 2007
Haha, I heard about this the day it happened.

The phone was a $450 limited edition sidekick. I found the whole thing to be quite funny, he was in school the next day.
anonymous

Mastic Beach, NY

#54 May 11, 2007
I like how everyone across the street was watching this kid get jumped and doing nothing about it. What was that all about? Yea I was the one who got out of my truck to break up the fight. There was no gun, only a titanium bike lock one of the kids had to hit the kid

Since: Dec 06

Pelham, NY

#55 May 13, 2007
What is this world coming to?
RHS Student

Roslyn Heights, NY

#57 May 14, 2007
I go to school with the kid who was attacked and the "men" who attacked him. Zaire and the other kid definitely did it. I had friends who were there who watched it. I had driven by the train station around 11:00am, and I saw Trimelle there with a couple of friends of mine. We made small talk. He comes by sometimes just to hang out. When the passerby stopped the boys, Trimelle was the only one who didn't run from the police, because he was NOT involved. When the altercation began, Trimelle walked away. He didn't want to get involved. He wasn't involved. He was there with other people. I think it's funny how he was automatically grouped with these other two kids because of the one aspect the all have in common- yeah, you guessed it- they're black. Whether it was right or wrong for him to leave without attempting to prevent an attack is obviously up for debate. But this isn't a question of morals- he shouldn't have gotten arrested. People are so fucking ignorant.
bkilla kam

Forest Hills, NY

#58 Jun 2, 2008
all yall mad racist come it down i know the kids and the guy wit the phone was gunna try and rob them
sasha leigh

South Africa

#59 Nov 6, 2008
what???why would he need to sell his phone at 14 and without his parents concent
Paul

Roslyn Heights, NY

#60 Nov 15, 2008
Long Islander wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Oh my god that was so good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franklin Square sex extortionist gets 4-8 years (Feb '08) 8 hr Obi-1981 37
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... 14 hr commodity broker 2
News Sex Scandal in Mount Vernon: Former Superintend... (Mar '12) Thu Zeke the Pinhead 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Wed marissamacc11 41
Experience The Me Nobody Knows at Adelphi Unive... Apr 26 Adelphi University 1
81 is more then just Sex offenders and child po... (Apr '13) Apr 26 Gene Pool 3
News 06/18 Bon Jovi Summer Party at Dudley's! 9 PM Apr 25 BJ Fan 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Heights Mortgages