Local members of Congress say they will accept raises

There are 3 comments on the Jan 7, 2009, Newsday story titled Local members of Congress say they will accept raises. In it, Newsday reports that:

Saying members of Congress deserve a raise, Rep. Gary Ackerman said he will gladly accept the $4,700 boost to his paycheck amid hard economic times affecting the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

John

New York, NY

#1 Jan 7, 2009
Rep. Ackerman (and the rest of the leeches)-

If you think you're so underpaid, quit.

I promise no one will miss you, you'll immediately be replaced by someone who can't do any worse of a job, and would probably be happy getting paid much much less than you do. After all, I'm sure you could make a lot more money in the private sector, especially if you're halfway as brilliant as you seem to think you are. Stop trying to pretend that you're doing the public some great service by taking $150,000 a year of our money to do a piss-poor job.
Angry

Roslyn, NY

#2 Jan 9, 2009
They make me sick.

People can barely afford to keep a roof over their head, but we're paying out the wazoo to give these ignorant fools their raises.

Since it's OUR tax dollars paying for THEIR salary, shouldn't WE, the taxpayers, decide whether or not they deserve this pay increase???

WTF? This is absurd!
New York Corruption Inc

Lindenhurst, NY

#3 Jan 11, 2009
Well Gary-boy, if you think you're "greatly underpaid" why don't you resign and see if you can make it in the private sector - that is, without "calling in favors" and worming your way into a "Robert Rubin" figurehead job, you fat slob. Never mind - you'll probably do the same as many other ex-DC insiders - you'll become a lobbyist! Then you'll be on the other "end" of the junket game! And, you won't have to deal with those annoying constituents, you sanctimonious A--S--S--H--O--L--
E!

THE CORRUPTION CONTINUES...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Searching... Sun Military Family 1
Mosque at old Citibank location on Bedford?` Apr 25 Nick Pascalli 3
New Rochelle's Finest! Apr 25 CrapCity 1
Huguenot & Centre Ave. (1984) (Feb '14) Apr 25 frank 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Apr 24 drhuni 26
News Nassau's Fifth Police Precinct in Elmont reopens Apr 24 Just Saying 4
News The two faces of Harvey Finkelstein (Dec '07) Jan '15 steveshake 60
More from around the web

Roslyn Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE