letters

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 16, 2009, titled letters. In it, Newsday reports that:

Time to upgrade airport transit It doesn't take a grant or a study to figure out how to attract airlines and customers to Long Island MacArthur Airport ["$150G grant for airport study," News, March 10]. As a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jim from Middle GA

Warner Robins, GA

#1 Mar 16, 2009
Stop with the "we shouldnt have to pay taxes because we are 1) seniors or 2) new buyers". Get militant about making the school systems spend better and consolidate, tahts where your tax money is going. We got out of NY 10 years ago. Best move we ever made. My folks left Long Island in 1985 citing the basic costs for Lilco, oil and taxes. They could live like kings somewhere else in retirement. Face it, there is a nother world out there that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#2 Mar 16, 2009
Re: Asteroid Scare. Mr. Karp, just what exactly would you have these "earmark" funds spent on? An umbrella?
KyKuntryKlub

Glasgow, KY

#3 Mar 16, 2009
Jim from Middle GA wrote:
Stop with the "we shouldnt have to pay taxes because we are 1) seniors or 2) new buyers". Get militant about making the school systems spend better and consolidate, tahts where your tax money is going. We got out of NY 10 years ago. Best move we ever made. My folks left Long Island in 1985 citing the basic costs for Lilco, oil and taxes. They could live like kings somewhere else in retirement. Face it, there is a nother world out there that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.
So true!!! I escaped from LI in '01. I make a third of what I made on LI now...but I live 10x better. Property taxes on my farm are $236 a year...and I have freedom...the type that we haven't known on LI in my lifetime.

I will never set foot in NY again!(except maybe to spit on it)

My 39 years in Queens and Suffolk were basically a waste of time- spinning my wheels- having no substance. Real life began when I left!
liner

Hicksville, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2009
KyKuntryKlub wrote:
<quoted text>
So true!!! I escaped from LI in '01. I make a third of what I made on LI now...but I live 10x better. Property taxes on my farm are $236 a year...and I have freedom...the type that we haven't known on LI in my lifetime.
I will never set foot in NY again!(except maybe to spit on it)
My 39 years in Queens and Suffolk were basically a waste of time- spinning my wheels- having no substance. Real life began when I left!
We're all very happy for you, but when you say you live 10x better, I hope you know that is a very subjective statement. I can't think of a better place to live than LI.(well, maybe Florida in Jan & Feb!). I've travelled a bit and have some friends in various other places and I still feel that way.
Wait a minute

Mount Sinai, NY

#5 Mar 16, 2009
Most people come to MacArthur from points east. What exact form of mass transit would you like them to use? It's easier, cheaper, and faster to drive.
The Pope

Syosset, NY

#6 Mar 16, 2009
Hey charles slevin,

Let them leave, we need the housing. Who wants to retire in such an expensive place to begin with.
I-Want_2_say_Bal derdash

King Of Prussia, PA

#7 Mar 16, 2009
liner wrote:
Re: Asteroid Scare. Mr. Karp, just what exactly would you have these "earmark" funds spent on? An umbrella?
FYI-Just to educate everyone/anyone within eyesight of this post....THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN ASTEROID STRIKE ON EARTH....NEVER. THERE NEVER WILL BE ONE EITHER...

...this is propoganda created by scientists with an agenda, to receive grant money, and elevate the scientific community to a god-like status, they have removed the garage hobbyist from the picture, so EVERYONE depends on scientific conclusions and NOONE questions them anymore..

...ask yourself this...how many times have asteroid impacts been proven and or documented on Earth..

hint??? the answer is ZERO!!!!!!
The Pope

Syosset, NY

#8 Mar 17, 2009
I-Want_2_say_Balderdash wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI-Just to educate everyone/anyone within eyesight of this post....THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN ASTEROID STRIKE ON EARTH....NEVER. THERE NEVER WILL BE ONE EITHER...
...this is propoganda created by scientists with an agenda, to receive grant money, and elevate the scientific community to a god-like status, they have removed the garage hobbyist from the picture, so EVERYONE depends on scientific conclusions and NOONE questions them anymore..
...ask yourself this...how many times have asteroid impacts been proven and or documented on Earth..
hint??? the answer is ZERO!!!!!!
I ask you this, if the moon is much smaller than earth and has been struck many times (visual evidence from my telescope) why would you believe earth has never been struck. Oh wait, I am sure you don't believe we evolved either.
I-Want_2_say_Bal derdash

King Of Prussia, PA

#9 Mar 17, 2009
The Pope wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you this, if the moon is much smaller than earth and has been struck many times (visual evidence from my telescope) why would you believe earth has never been struck. Oh wait, I am sure you don't believe we evolved either.
I dont believe in a theory that entails missing links, it is counterproductive and insults my intelligence

I just REFUSE to accept the scientific view when science itself is based on fundamental flaws.

Now through your telescope, have you ever actually seen an asteroid strike the moon?

How can you be so sure those were asteroid strikes and not geological processes from within the moon.

How can you be so sure those craters werent created during planet/moon formation?

Unless you have the magical telescope that sees into the past you have no true visual evidence of asteroid impact.

I don't want to come across as mean, but i will reiterate my original post, there has never been, nor will there ever be an asteroid strike on earth. PROPGANDA!
The Pope

Navesink, NJ

#10 Mar 18, 2009
I-Want_2_say_Balderdash wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont believe in a theory that entails missing links, it is counterproductive and insults my intelligence
I just REFUSE to accept the scientific view when science itself is based on fundamental flaws.
Now through your telescope, have you ever actually seen an asteroid strike the moon?
How can you be so sure those were asteroid strikes and not geological processes from within the moon.
How can you be so sure those craters werent created during planet/moon formation?
Unless you have the magical telescope that sees into the past you have no true visual evidence of asteroid impact.
I don't want to come across as mean, but i will reiterate my original post, there has never been, nor will there ever be an asteroid strike on earth. PROPGANDA!
I haven't personally witnessed an asteroid strike on the moon, but I am sure there are scientists who have. I am an electrical engineer, I have never seen an electron but I know they exist. How can you say science is based on fundamental flaws, it is based on evidence. We know things exist because we can observe their affects on the world around us. So balderdash, explain nuclear energy based upon stuff you have witnessed in the physical world.
I-Want_2_say_Bal derdash

King Of Prussia, PA

#11 Mar 18, 2009
The Pope wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't personally witnessed an asteroid strike on the moon, but I am sure there are scientists who have. I am an electrical engineer, I have never seen an electron but I know they exist. How can you say science is based on fundamental flaws, it is based on evidence. We know things exist because we can observe their affects on the world around us. So balderdash, explain nuclear energy based upon stuff you have witnessed in the physical world.
easy......sunshine.

Converting hydrogen to helium releasing TONS of nuclear energy.

My point is not to ba jacka$z, I just feel science is no longer questioned and accepted as fact.

Did you ever find it just a little bit odd there is an asteroid belt just past mars and before Jupiter? There is no evidence of this anywhere else except outside of pluto, and that one makes sense becaus you can say it's the remainder from planet formations etc...

but just past mars? Thats weird?

What could the explanation for that be? I started thinking and it seems to me Occums razor would dictate there was a giant rocky body (planet) that exploded leaving an orbiting pile of debris. That is the simplest most logical answer. Yet science will not touch this issue with a 10 foot pole.

However, if you take this to the next step, and say "OK maybe there was another planet that somehow, someway, exploded" wouldn't logic dictate that some of THOSE rocky peices MIGHT break orbit, fly loose, impact the moon, wipe out the dinosaurs etc.... wouldnt that explain a one time mass extinction event a little more logically instead of saying there are rogue asteroids that any day could wipe out earth life alltogether, even though there is no evidence of such?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franklin Square sex extortionist gets 4-8 years (Feb '08) 20 hr Obi-1981 37
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... Fri commodity broker 2
News Sex Scandal in Mount Vernon: Former Superintend... (Mar '12) Thu Zeke the Pinhead 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Wed marissamacc11 41
Experience The Me Nobody Knows at Adelphi Unive... Apr 26 Adelphi University 1
81 is more then just Sex offenders and child po... (Apr '13) Apr 26 Gene Pool 3
News 06/18 Bon Jovi Summer Party at Dudley's! 9 PM Apr 25 BJ Fan 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Heights Mortgages