Protesters fight cell antennas plan i...

Protesters fight cell antennas plan in Roslyn Heights

There are 42 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Protesters fight cell antennas plan in Roslyn Heights. In it, Newsday reports that:

Before Jean Tran took her two young children to the playground yesterday, they made a brief pit stop - at a protest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
poconoweeze

Kunkletown, PA

#1 Oct 19, 2008
and well they should protest this evil. cell phones cause brain cncer. never had one/never will.do not want to be availible 24/7. to anyone!!!!!!
Bill

Watertown, CT

#2 Oct 19, 2008
Jean Tran your children are already sick. They are being raised by a yenta psycopath who should be home rattling pots and pans instead of scaring the little darlings about this irrelevant rant your on. Poconoweeze you have no brain to get cancer in in the first place. By the way call me from the playground Jean on your cell so we can discuss whose foriegn CUV we will take to lunch ok.
Diogenes

Monsey, NY

#3 Oct 19, 2008
They protest but they still have their cell phones radios and possibly other wireless devices. Is it for health reasons or for nimby reasons? I think nobody protested the origional radio and television signal being broadcast. Why dont they protest the polutants arising out of the L.I.E.. The Cancer Society says the effect isn't proven. I know you don't want to be on the short end if or when it is. Where they should be marching and protesting are at the headquarters of the businesses that are proponents of this type of technology. Then go and kiss the rear of cablevision because they obviously aren't propnents of this technology.
mistake

New Rochelle, NY

#4 Oct 19, 2008
I thought they were protesting a break dancing contest at sun harbor(aka the waiting room to heaven). Sorry my mistake.
Timmy O Toole

Elizabeth, NJ

#5 Oct 19, 2008
Wow,,,alll this crap for a 48 inch tall antena?

This is an uproar,,,but the gay guy who stole millions from their kids education is still a "good guy" right?

Thanks for the laugh roslyn retards
guild

Lehighton, PA

#6 Oct 19, 2008
I think like someone else said to better protest burn your cell phones
lets see how strongly they feel about the cause. Cell phone towers remind me of jails every one wants them but nobody wants them in there back yard, They have to put them somewhere!
FYI

Oceanside, NY

#7 Oct 19, 2008
FYI...there have been cell phone towers on the roslyn highlands fire house for almost ten years now!why hasn't someone complained about them?
IDIOTS

San Diego, CA

#8 Oct 19, 2008
I love the snooty towns on LI. They yap their mouths about how they dont want wind towers off the sound and the ocean they dont want cell towers in their town (not in my backyard attitude)... But then they come back and b*tch about how they dont get good enough cell service and the cost of electricity is too much, and the environment cant take coal power anymore. I say isolate them from the rest of the people. Take them all away from society cause who really wants to hear them anymore. These are the same people who sue airlines for giving you peanuts on board because their child is allergic to peanuts. Be done with compensating for their wants. I know I am! Thats why snots like them get horrible service at my restaurant.
Say the Truth

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Oct 19, 2008
poconoweeze wrote:
and well they should protest this evil. cell phones cause brain cncer. never had one/never will.do not want to be availible 24/7. to anyone!!!!!!
No one wants to call you anyway.
Say the Truth

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Oct 19, 2008
IDIOTS wrote:
I love the snooty towns on LI. They yap their mouths about how they dont want wind towers off the sound and the ocean they dont want cell towers in their town (not in my backyard attitude)... But then they come back and **** about how they dont get good enough cell service and the cost of electricity is too much, and the environment cant take coal power anymore. I say isolate them from the rest of the people. Take them all away from society cause who really wants to hear them anymore. These are the same people who sue airlines for giving you peanuts on board because their child is allergic to peanuts. Be done with compensating for their wants. I know I am! Thats why snots like them get horrible service at my restaurant.
Well put. I wish one of the cell carriers would knock on my front door and offer me thousands a month to lease some space for a tower in my back yard.
Cracker

Piscataway, NJ

#11 Oct 19, 2008
"Tran told her children, Angela, 8, and Alexander, 6, they could become sick and no longer enjoy the playground."
Child protective services should investigate this woman; she lacks the mental capacity to raise children, she is a danger to them! Check for hallucigenic drugs, too.

Since: Oct 08

Hyde Park, NY

#12 Oct 19, 2008
Silly elite people from the non-pro-america parts of america. Do what wingnuts from the pro-america part of the countries do- wrap your heads in tinfoil and swallow paint chips.

It can also protect you from knowledge- as well as alien thought control rays!

Golly gee!
Amy

Annapolis, MD

#13 Oct 19, 2008
"cell phones cause brain cancer."

Brilliant. They aren't proposing to hold a cell phone up to your ear, they are installing antennas. Learn the difference.
I Have His Wallet

Hicksville, NY

#14 Oct 19, 2008
They are going to keep protesting but they want to start a phone chain so they can make sure of good attendence!

Please leave your cell phone number so we can get it touch.

NIMBY's Anonymus
Fed Up

Rockaway, NJ

#15 Oct 19, 2008
So let me get this straight-- the cell towers should go in OTHER people's neighborhoods, is that it. Hypocrites.

Tell you what--everybody who went to the protest should be made to give up their cell phone, blackberry, etc.

Of course, they probably found out about the protest--by cell phone!
Jerk hater

Bronx, NY

#16 Oct 19, 2008
All of these High Society wannabes were probably on their cell phones during the protest calling their friends to come and join in. I say put one of those fake tree towers right in the middle of Roslyn. That'll show 'em.

Since: Jul 08

Greensboro, NC

#17 Oct 20, 2008
My kids went to the Heights I won't want that tower either. Has anyone questioned what it will do to all the seniors living at Sunharbor?
back to the stone ages

Monsey, NY

#18 Oct 20, 2008
What all the protestors should protest is the police aiming microwave devices at people causing who knows what. The removal of SCPD from the LIE makes that road safer for all the worry warts and speeders.
Ca mu na t Or ga iser

Trumbull, CT

#19 Oct 20, 2008
was a NYer wrote:
My kids went to the Heights I won't want that tower either. Has anyone questioned what it will do to all the seniors living at Sunharbor?
Yes, the seniors living at Sunharbor will be receiving excellent cell service.
shameless

Denver, CO

#20 Oct 20, 2008
FYI wrote:
FYI...there have been cell phone towers on the roslyn highlands fire house for almost ten years now!why hasn't someone complained about them?
well since highlanders is right across the street from sunharbor, we don't they just IMPROVE the existing towers instead of adding more?
and btw - every time you go to the hospital or doctors office the first thing they tell you is to shut off your cell phone, so why in the world would they want to put one up on a nursing homes roof????
aren't they worried about the patients health in the home or is sunharbor just looking for a way to make a quick buck??? interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) 9 hr Jacket 7
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Sun stopit 9
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Sun Theawculroger 59
News Who is Vincent "Vinny" Mirabile? -- Part I Jun 24 333stenbrian 1
News Arrest in Levittown graffiti spree (May '09) Jun 23 blake norman 250
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jun 22 Irlenec 54
News Not guilty pleas filed in Elmont double-murder ... (Apr '07) Jun 20 Sidney Newman Jr 127

Roslyn Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Heights Mortgages