Pols wrestle with bailouts, bonuses

Pols wrestle with bailouts, bonuses

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Pols wrestle with bailouts, bonuses. In it, Newsday reports that:

Passions have cooled a week after news of the AIG bonuses hit, but the anger remained as lawmakers and the Obama administration wrestled Tuesday with the best way to address bonuses at bailed-out firms and excessive executive compensation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Sam

Teaneck, NJ

#1 Mar 25, 2009
The bail-out and the bonuses have something in common, they both REWARD FAILURE! Why are the working class who pay their mortgage, their bills and car payments forced to carry those who only knew how to spend? Why are there no programs to help out those who have been paying all along?
Rocky

Lebanon, NH

#2 Mar 25, 2009
Giving out multi million dollar bonuses of taxpayer money to those who failed is outrageous! Quite often those who fail on the job in the real world, are fired!
Long Island Taxpayer

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Mar 25, 2009
How can Tim Geithner a known tax cheat be made Treasury Secretary it just goes against what's considered right and wrong. Geithner wants to set rules for salaries in the financial industry, while the federal government may have some right to do that with the institutes that accepted bailout money there is no way this can be done with the institutes that didn't accept money unelss the government is trying to destroy capitalism. These salaries is nothing new to Geithner so he should act so suprised the man is a hypocrite; do as I say not as I do. Unfortunatley Obozo and his traveling circus of democrat clowns are going to allow Geithner and others to destroy capitalism in this country thes signs are already there by trying to take wealth from people.
Just a Thought

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Mar 25, 2009
The political grandstanding over this AIG bonuses is simply amazing. I haven't seen so much "grandstanding" is years. Nevertheless it's what politicans are best at.

krw

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#5 Mar 25, 2009
Just change the tax laws so that a company can no longer deduct more then 20 times the average workers salary or $2 million, which ever is more, off their taxes. Whether the industry is sports, entertainment, finance, healthcare or anything else just restrict what the company can deduct. If the company can no longer write off the weekly jet trips once the person has reached $2 million in compensation they will cut back on allowing unlimited use of the corporate jet. If you can no longer deduct $25 million for a ball player salaries will start to come down to a realistic number. If Hospitals could no longer write off all the perks they give their administrators costs would come down.

Since: Jun 08

Melville, NY

#6 Mar 25, 2009
Sam wrote:
The bail-out and the bonuses have something in common, they both REWARD FAILURE! Why are the working class who pay their mortgage, their bills and car payments forced to carry those who only knew how to spend? Why are there no programs to help out those who have been paying all along?
How do you know that the people that got bonuses failed at their job?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/opinion/25d...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) 2 hr wrong again 1,125
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) 19 hr Dzab23 72
News Astorino, Latimer Trade Barbs At Raucous Westch... Jan 13 grumman plume 2
News Dix Hills man neglected dog to 'point of emacia... Jan 12 Common sense 2
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Jan 12 Oldfart 89
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jan 11 DianaC 65
moving to freeport (Mar '06) Jan 10 Cindy 55

Roslyn Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Heights Mortgages