Obama, lawmakers wrestle with bailout...

Obama, lawmakers wrestle with bailouts, bonuses

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Obama, lawmakers wrestle with bailouts, bonuses. In it, Newsday reports that:

Passions have cooled a week after news of the AIG bonuses hit, but the anger remained as lawmakers and the Obama administration wrestled yesterday with the best way to address bonuses at bailed-out firms and excessive executive compensation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Just a Thought

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 25, 2009
Wall Steet honchos strive to make profits because of bonuses. Its their incentive to produce. Today with this fiscal mess, bonuses are front and center stage. This attention fails to alleviate our crisis. It just gives the public a target to blame. Wild risk taking not bonuses is the culprit. AIG insured derivatives. Derivatives piled on trillions of dollars in debt, about $20 trillion in the US and up to $50 trillion globally. Instead of harping about bonuses, our attention should turn to regulations, so this catasthrope mishap doesn't occur again. It's not about bonuses, it's about regulations, nevertheless bonuses make for splashier headlines and simplicity for everyone to understand. The market needs a complete overhaul, first on the agenda should be regulations, stopping excessive risk taking.
Jeff

Coatesville, PA

#3 Mar 25, 2009
I did not understand when Obama signed this bill with all the bonuses in plain sight and at his direction that he was so upset about hearing of them! This guy is a habitual lie maker or suffers from a mental deficiency. Can't anyone see he knew about what he then acted like he didn't? No character here. We are in trouble as this is never reported. Can we say Communism?
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#4 Mar 25, 2009
The 'outrage' over the AIG bonuses was all part of the show. The real action last week was the monetizing of one trillion in debt. All of Barry and Timmah's misdirection aside, while the lame stream media was confused and omitted to cover it, many of us look more closely. This is bankruptcy for countries. When no other country is willing to loan you money, you loan it to yourself, admitting that you're bankrupt. You print a trillion dollars (as Obama is doing) effectively gutting the value of your currency. It is a form of taxation that Obama didn't tell his supporters about. You get the same number of bills, but they're not worth the same anymore.... because of the government's reckless spending.
Shame the media missed that. It doesn't take much to misdirect them, does it? I hope you all enjoyed the feigned outrage show last week. You sure paid for it!

“Demand answers. Don't be sheep”

Since: Oct 08

Deer Park

#5 Mar 25, 2009
Hey, maybe we can pass the blame on by calling people homophobes. If barney frank can do it after all his screw ups, why not??? We can't have people focusing on us liberals and see what a sham we are running.
nathan

Skykomish, WA

#7 Mar 26, 2009
what is he thinking about doing this i mean get a life obama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslyn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 15 hr silly rabbit 81
News New Rochelle Middle School Found Dumping Raw Se... 16 hr 333stenbrian 1
News Security Cameras On Tap for Upscale Village Nea... Mon ksnow 1
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Mon James 20
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Jul 23 chrisc2016 53
Music in the park Jul 22 Max2099 1
News Westchester County Police Seize 3.5 Kilos Of He... Jul 22 stenbrian333 1

Roslyn Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslyn Heights Mortgages