pc Phillips

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

No vets frequent the post or at least very few.cheap beer and cheaper customers!! Too bad cuz it used to be a great post.

“Sat it ain't so, Paw!”

Since: Aug 11

Fitchburg, MA USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

A lot of the old fraternal outfits are fading away, the millions of vets from WWII kept them rolling are all 80+ now. The Eagles Post in my neighborhood has a for sale sign in front -- hadn't seen the doors open in four years and it looks in rough shape. The

Some do do okay because they planned ahead, modernized and kept large function halls going.
But otherwise it seems like a concept that's outlived it's main purpose. Aren't enough vets in the whole country to support all the Eagles, Elks, Amvets, Moose, Masons posts dotted everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Roslindale Discussions

Search the Roslindale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 3 hr Officer Krupke 4,694
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
Showing off A lot of Prom-ise Apr '14 reality is a crutch 1
West Roxbury Police Arrest Juvenile for Armed R... Mar '14 bite me 1
Dedham Man Arrested, Charged with Third Drunk D... (Dec '13) Feb '14 Anonymous 2
11 implicated as cash, counterfeit money, and h... (Dec '13) Dec '13 reality is a crutch 1
MA MA No Sales Tax for Alcohol Initiative, Question 1 (Oct '10) Oct '13 Darryl 159
•••
•••

Roslindale News Video

•••
•••

Roslindale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Roslindale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE