pc Phillips

United States

#1 Jun 5, 2011
No vets frequent the post or at least very few.cheap beer and cheaper customers!! Too bad cuz it used to be a great post.

“Sat it ain't so, Paw!”

Since: Aug 11

Fitchburg, MA USA

#2 Aug 10, 2011
A lot of the old fraternal outfits are fading away, the millions of vets from WWII kept them rolling are all 80+ now. The Eagles Post in my neighborhood has a for sale sign in front -- hadn't seen the doors open in four years and it looks in rough shape. The

Some do do okay because they planned ahead, modernized and kept large function halls going.
But otherwise it seems like a concept that's outlived it's main purpose. Aren't enough vets in the whole country to support all the Eagles, Elks, Amvets, Moose, Masons posts dotted everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roslindale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston police investigating deadly Roslindale s... Jul '15 reality is a crutch 1
News BHA pushes for smoke-free housing (Jul '10) Mar '15 Schmones 24
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a (Mar '15) Mar '15 roslindale guy 1
News Roslindale man charged as South Boston drug dealer (Sep '13) Feb '15 Martha Stewart 3
50 year-old Roslindale Philanthropist (Feb '09) Jan '15 Taajsgpm 2
Growing up in roslindale (Aug '11) Nov '14 Taajsgpm 3
News 11 implicated as cash, counterfeit money, and h... (Dec '13) Nov '14 Taajsgpm 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roslindale Mortgages