Roseville Dairy Queen makes annual li...

Roseville Dairy Queen makes annual list of '10 Most Endangered Hist...

There are 34 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 20, 2010, titled Roseville Dairy Queen makes annual list of '10 Most Endangered Hist.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota's oldest Dairy Queen; one of the finest roadside rest areas ever built in Minnesota; and "the Mother Church of Minneapolis Methodism" are among this year's list of the state's 10 Most Endangered Historic Places announced Thursday by the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
That DQ is ruined already

United States

#1 May 21, 2010
It was simplified from the original. Looks lousy now. Might as well tear the dump down and put up a plastic one. Not that they offer ice cream, but I prefer my frozen treats not to be extruded before I eat them.
That DQ is ruined already

United States

#2 May 21, 2010
What's ruined is the neon. It's been simplified from the original.
That DQ must be saved

Saint Paul, MN

#4 May 21, 2010
That's all there is to it. End of discussion.
KJPMPLS

Hopkins, MN

#5 May 21, 2010
Across from Lake Josephine. I lived three blocks away when I was in grade school, went to that DQ every day during the summer. Loved it!
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 21, 2010
KJPMPLS wrote:
Across from Lake Josephine. I lived three blocks away when I was in grade school, went to that DQ every day during the summer. Loved it!
But that's a different DQ across from Lake Josephine.
Slim Pickens

Minneapolis, MN

#7 May 21, 2010
KJPMPLS wrote:
Wrong DQ Minny. Go south on Lex and if ya get to Larpenteur ya gone too far!
Mr Misty with Vodka

Minneapolis, MN

#8 May 21, 2010
Knock 'er down and build the Vikes a stadium there!
Soft Serve

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 21, 2010
Does the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota own the Dairy Queen Building? No.

Mind your own business.
swschrad

Monroe, LA

#11 May 21, 2010
that DQ is a museum, every time I go past I revel that it's still here.

every time I don't go by, it's like 1964 all over again.
jimmy5

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 21, 2010
Love that Dairy Queen. Unique is better than the same ole' cookie cutters. How about building a bigger DQ attached and behind it so you could still have the walk-up window service?
chaparral

Saint Paul, MN

#13 May 21, 2010
I would miss that old location - only thing left in the neighborhood that still remains from my childhood. I wish Ace's 66 was still on the corner of Lexington and Roselawn... penny candy and 24.9 gallon gas.
Jon

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 21, 2010
Quit telling people what they can do with their own property.
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

#15 May 21, 2010
Mr Misty with Vodka wrote:
Knock 'er down and build the Vikes a stadium there!
Just make sure to serve Buster Bars at the concession stands!
Annie

Saint Paul, MN

#16 May 21, 2010
Are you kidding? I drive completely OUT OF MY WAY to patronize that particular DQ...BECAUSE IT IS RETRO. There has to be another alternative (building off the backside?) to accomodate space. I assumed they never touched the marquee and the building because I thought they appreciated what they had here in terms of historic and quaint piece of DQ history. I live in Merriam Park, where there is one just blocks away on Snelling.-But I prefer this one.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#17 May 21, 2010
Annie wrote:
Are you kidding? I drive completely OUT OF MY WAY to patronize that particular DQ...BECAUSE IT IS RETRO. There has to be another alternative (building off the backside?) to accomodate space. I assumed they never touched the marquee and the building because I thought they appreciated what they had here in terms of historic and quaint piece of DQ history. I live in Merriam Park, where there is one just blocks away on Snelling.-But I prefer this one.
Excellent example of a liberal demanding all others conserve energy.
ougt

Minneapolis, MN

#18 May 21, 2010
[-0ui
EastSide

Saint Paul, MN

#19 May 21, 2010
Why must they tear down anything that was actually built with style? Why demolish ALL of our history, and replace it with buildings that all look the same? That's crap.
StPaul TheNewDetroit

Saint Paul, MN

#20 May 21, 2010
That DQ is on Lexington by Ol' Mexico, i.e. Lexington and Larpenter Ave. in Roseville. That area has been sliding downhill for awhile.

Ever notice how the AMC-14 looks like Brooklyn Center on a Friday night...or North Mpls?

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#21 May 21, 2010
Perhaps the sign should be saved, or the building added onto DQ is a Minnesota company and perhaps the sign should go the History Center of DQ whose offices are in Edina would like to have a DQ museum and take the store front (long windows etc.) and bring them inside to show off.
No Spin Zone

Lindstrom, MN

#22 May 21, 2010
Large Marge to marry Dairy Queen in Gay Marriage tryst!!!!!!!!!!
Jerrys Mom wrote:
Never has the deplete shack looked better. What a perfect representation of OBAMINATION. In fact, last week I saw LARGE MARGE trying to sneek away with 11 boxes of Buster Bars..........Way to go DFL!!!!!!!
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roseville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Jazeera comes to Minnesota to study anti-Mus... Jul 20 Davycrockett 8
News Triple homicide: The latest (Apr '17) Jul 16 Joey 3
News Violent Roseville police raid ends with discove... (Dec '08) Jul 13 Skeeza 76
News Another test of loyalty looms over Trump's Minn... Jun 24 destiny 16
News Ellison, 1st Muslim in Congress, running for Mi... Jun '18 Niether of the Above 18
News The internet is cheering for this raccoon stuck... Jun '18 RedSoxFan-inGeorgia 1
Drugs/Meth/H/oxy30etc Jun '18 Biban 1

Roseville Jobs

Personal Finance

Roseville Mortgages