Oakland, Macomb voters get requests t...

Oakland, Macomb voters get requests to renew, add to millages

There are 10 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Oct 24, 2011, titled Oakland, Macomb voters get requests to renew, add to millages. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

With home values tanked and tax coffers empty, communities across metro Detroit are asking voters to pony up on Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Mark Roberts

Roseville, MI

#1 Oct 24, 2011
VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO ON THESE MILLAGES! SCREW THE CITIES, ESPECIALLY ROSEVILLE! THEY COULD REAP HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS EVERY MONTH IF THEY WOULD PULL OVER THE IDIOT JERK OFFS WHO BOOM AND THUMP THEIR CAR STEREOS ALL DAY AND NIGHT, EVERY DAY AND NIGHT! CLOSE THE DAMN SENIOR CENTER, CLOSE THE PARKS, CLOSE THE LIBRARY. FIND MONEY FROM TAKING CUTS IN YOUR OWN PAY AND BENEFITS! WHAT IS THE CITY OF ROSEVILLES CITY MANAGER COLLECTING FROM US EVERY YEAR IN HIS PENSION AND SALARY? I HEARD IT IS SOMETHING LIKE $170,000 A YEAR??? IF THIS IS TRUE, THIS IS ABSURD!
CUT EVERYTHING, CLOSE EVERYTHING. THEY DO NOTHING TO PROTECT US ANYWAYS. PULL OVER THE IDIOTS WHO BOOM AND THUMP THEIR CAR STEREOS EVERY DAY AND THE CITY COULD WRITE AT LEAST 100 TICKETS EVERY DAY OUT AT GRATIOT AND 12 MILE! RAISE THE FINE AND PENALTIES FOR SPEEDERS AND IDIOT BOOMERS! I NEED ACROSS THE BOARD TAX CUTS, NOT TAX INCREASES! I'M BLEEDING MONEY DRY AND THIS MILLAGE INCREASE IS B.S.!
LET 'EM GO BROKE. FIND THE MONEY ELSEWHERE. WHAT DID YOU BASTARDS DO WHEN TIMES WERE RIDING HIGH? WHEN OUR HOMES WERE OVER VALUED FOR ALL OF THOSE YEARS YOU WERE RIPPING US OFF? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THAT MONEY?
SCREW THIS MILLAGE AND ALL FUTURE MILLAGES. LET THE CITIES SHUT DOWN. I AM FULLY ARMED, I DON'T NEED PROTECTION, I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF.
uhm

Mount Clemens, MI

#2 Oct 25, 2011
Please avoid typing in all caps. I won't read that big block of text with random punctuation marks... and I doubt anyone else will either.
Mark Roberts

Roseville, MI

#3 Oct 29, 2011
they are words, read 'em and weep for Christs sake, get over it....please quit shortening words, call it capital letters, not caps.....
Skeeter

Carmine, TX

#4 Oct 29, 2011
Mark migrate to Mexico and live in a card board box, there is no escaping the tax man here and they will continue to ask it to pass unrelenting until it does this is going on all over the state !
support

United States

#5 Oct 29, 2011
I'm with ya boom box guy!
My guess

Mount Clemens, MI

#6 Oct 29, 2011
Make sure the teachers get all the money they need. How much do they need you ask ? What ever it takes for A teacher to be financially secure. After all it's about the children.
Mark Roberts

Roseville, MI

#7 Oct 30, 2011
Might as well live in a cardboard box. Tax tax tax, that's all these bastards want to do to us. Tax until there is nothing left to spend. Sat down the other day, figured out that I have about 25 cents left on every dollar. After property tax, paycheck taxes, consumer taxes on everything I buy, cell phone taxes, which are idiotic and relentless, untold energy taxes on my electricity and heat, water, gasoline.....omg, tax me on the money saved that I WAS ALREADY FRICKIN TAXED ON! WTF IS THAT???
But, you never ever hear about our "leaders" taking pay cuts or offering to pay for their own health care or what the frick EVER! It's never about cuts. Come on, I don't use the buses, most people don't, but we are all FORCED to pay for the system? What the hell is that about? The ZOO? If I want or need to use them, I'LL PAY FOR IT! This is taxation without representation, FORCED to pay for something I will never use! It's non stop madness! I have to pay for out of town unmentionables to come and use the schools THAT I PAY TAXES FOR? wtf is that? If I want to use the senior center some day, I would expect to have to pay for it. If I want to use the library, I should have to pay for it. Bus system, I will pay for it, GLADLY! what the hell is going on?
Here in Roseville, I see and hear HUNDREDS of people blaring and booming their car stereos every single week, and I've never ever seen one pulled over and ticketed. Our great mayor, Chirkun, came by my house one day to show me that 33 people were issued tickets for loud stereos, IN THE FIRST 8 MONTHS OF THE YEAR! What a frickin' joke, there is that many every day, booming near my neighborhoods! START WRITING SOME DAMN TICKETS, RAISE SOME FRICKIN REVENUE, GET CREATIVE. Stop bending us over. EVERYONE, please vote no for every millage, screw these cities and municipal leaders, tell them we've HAD ENOUGH! I would or could never ever ask the people I represent for more money without cutting my pay or benefits FIRST!
Skeeter

United States

#8 Oct 30, 2011
Mark calm down Bill Ford has entered a bill in Lansing to do away with personal property tax there's still hope the thread is on here about it read it ?
Tony

Northville, MI

#9 Oct 30, 2011
Skeeter wrote:
Mark calm down Bill Ford has entered a bill in Lansing to do away with personal property tax there's still hope the thread is on here about it read it ?
Bill Ford can't enter any bills in Lansing. Bill Ford Jr. is chairman of Ford Motor Company. What he did was announce that he favors a removal of the PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX. This is in no way related to residential property tax millage requested of voters.
No Chance

Warren, MI

#10 Feb 23, 2012
Thats what I am talking about I read what you said perfectly all caps or not uhm go elsewhere the cities got us all over a barell and come on the schools look like damn museums enough is enough Centerline with there bullshit again VOTE NO VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roseville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a waitress job. 14 hr Dependable 1
News Warren arrests may solve burglary spree targeti... Wed Kevin 1
Candice Rusie Wed No car for you 32
Erin Stahl tries again Aug 12 Women have it 26
News 'Meet Your Muslim Neighbor' (Oct '09) Aug 10 Rabbeen Al Jihad 1,134
Rubello is An SCS Treasure (Dec '15) Aug 9 Stan 106
cement sidewalk program (Feb '16) Aug 9 Stan 20

Roseville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance