So Cal vs. Nor Cal: The battle rages on

Oct 3, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Orion

“And it doesn't change scenery no matter what people say.”

Compare the regions with our Flash presentation . ----- Move over mix martial artist Chuck Liddell, there's a bigger battle in the cage. via The Orion

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rob_j

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 31, 2007
 

Judged:

4

3

2

so cal is horrible, no public transportation(subways or similar) and all the people there are fake. La is the worst place to live
Nino_Z

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 22, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

2

"All the people there are fake." That's all I ever hear from residents of NorCal in reference to those of us in SoCal. Will you guys wake up and realize that's not at all a valid point, have any of you ever been to San Diego? We're cerebral people down here, it's you pretentious morons in San Francisco, because let's face it the rest of NorCal is farmland and horseshit, that protest the smallest issue in the street, or turn your noses up to any issue that isn't "metropolitan" enough to fit your standards. Just because we're happy and have sunshine doesn't mean we're fake--we just tan well, and I love San Francisco, it's a fantastic city with beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, but you guys aren't the center of the universe, or California for that matter.
non

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 22, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Nino_Z wrote:
have any of you ever been to San Diego? We're cerebral people down here
There is no such thing as San Diego, and there are no "cerebral people" in San Diego as there is no San Diego. There is no Prop MM rip-off, there is no Alan Bersin illiteracy, there is no dress code in public schools, and there is no one who thinks like you.

And there is no zip or area code rip off, either. You are not elite if you have a specific zip or area code, sorry. Please don't spread your propaganda to any unsuspecting Northern Californians any longer, you're being caught.
mvn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Why is this in the Lincoln, California forum? What does Lincoln have to do with anything? Does Sierra College have anything to do with deleting ACT scores or something? That's the only reason I could think of, as Lincoln doesn't have any state or national relevance to anything anyway.

Notice the 49's aren't at Sierra anymore? You know why? It's because Sierra and AR delete ACT scores! That's right! Everyone's mad about that. Want the 49's back? Better figure out a way to reinstate ACT scores!
TeSSie

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I love SoCal. I mean, props to The Bay area and all that, but the environment of people down here seems warmer to me.
1chew-e3

Aptos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 9, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

SUR 13
Cuervo

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 25, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

People in NORTHERN California have nothing better to do but HATE on the BETTER half of the state.
We are better in every way except… saying HELLA and HECKA every 5 seconds.

NorCal Blows. THE END

Ps. We don’t steal your water you losers.
rawr408

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 5, 2009
 

Judged:

5

3

2

the bay n the rest of nor cal is better for many reasons
1. real people. so cal is known for it's fake and plasticyness. your locals are either rich n snobby or crazy n homeless "pretentious" as some would say
2. it's so much more beautiful up here
- sf's architecture n culure(we also have our share of crazy bums)
-the read wood forrest, beatiful moutans and lakes, amazing beaches n bays
3. culture, down there u reward ignorence n greed. ur importance is measure by ur fame or wealth. ur soy laté bull shit.
it's not everyone but the vast majority have a shallow ignorent view on life
we on the other hand have SF a beautiful historic city
sanjose(my home town) the capital of the silican valley
breath taking landscapes
awesome culure
n hella! yes we do say it all the time usually w out realizing it... but I embrace it.
it better than "OMG" or "that's hot."
pfft fuck so cal, it's hella lame!
rawr408

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 5, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

n yes u do steal our water...
hhores.
californiadreami n

Sewickley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

dear rawr,
your rant would have been much more effective had you spelled everything correctly. Also, you used the word "plasticyness". I hope you're the sort of person who can laugh at him or herself.
Now, this is the most pointless argument in the history of time. Yes, there are stereotypes. Nor Cal people can be difficult to get along with because they have a loud opinion on everything. So Cal because they're materialistic and "fake". But those are just stereotypes. You're from the same state. And honestly, you live very similar lives, even if the focus is different. Put down the keyboard and go make fun of some Easterners.
Norcalhippie

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Okay people you can't just go around saying so cal is fake and plastic because that's not true. I mean I loove nor cal but I'm not gunna give you some bull shit reason like they're fake, it's because in nor cal everyone is so chill & laid back. The pace up here is alot slower than in so cal and I love that everyone is so lax and nice to eachother. The atmosphere is just really mellow. In so cal people are a little more high maintnense(sp?) and the atmosphere is fast paced. I'm not saying that's bad, some people like that kind of atmosphete but not
me. It just doesn't seam like they're as curtious. They all seem like they're in a hurry and I just couldn't handle that. So yeah nor cal people are more Like hippies but I love that & I wouldn't change it.
Hmm

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 10, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

1

I live in SoCal and I hate it! Everybody is stuck up and rude. I lived in San Diego for 11 years and it was the worst place I have ever lived. The people there suck and are idiots.
Christine

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 29, 2010
 
rob_j wrote:
so cal is horrible, no public transportation(subways or similar) and all the people there are fake. La is the worst place to live


We do have public transportation. It's called the METRO. and it goes from buses to underground subways, and trams too.
Christine

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 29, 2010
 
Hmm wrote:
I live in SoCal and I hate it! Everybody is stuck up and rude. I lived in San Diego for 11 years and it was the worst place I have ever lived. The people there suck and are idiots.
You wanna see stuck up and rude?? go live in the NYC.
Christine

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 29, 2010
 
Norcalhippie wrote:
Okay people you can't just go around saying so cal is fake and plastic because that's not true. I mean I loove nor cal but I'm not gunna give you some bull shit reason like they're fake, it's because in nor cal everyone is so chill & laid back. The pace up here is alot slower than in so cal and I love that everyone is so lax and nice to eachother. The atmosphere is just really mellow. In so cal people are a little more high maintnense(sp?) and the atmosphere is fast paced. I'm not saying that's bad, some people like that kind of atmosphete but not
me. It just doesn't seam like they're as curtious. They all seem like they're in a hurry and I just couldn't handle that. So yeah nor cal people are more Like hippies but I love that & I wouldn't change it.
It depends on where you stay in SO CAL. If you live in downtown LA or near it, then of course the pace is going to be fast. But since LA is not only a city, it's also a county as well. So there are different cities that are in LA county, and some are very laid back.
David

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 2, 2010
 

Judged:

1

hey arguing over NorCal and SoCal is really stupid. California in a whole is the way I look at it. There are differences but more similarities than anything living in the Golden State. I lived in Southern California for half my life and Northern for the other half until now. I've also lived outside of California, believe me California, in my opinion, is better than a lot of other places. We have culture, Northern and Southern. As for saying people are rude and stuck up...you are gonna find that anywhere don't judge a whole area by a few people you meet. And Southern California is fast paced if you are in certain areas like LA but it is also fast paced in the Bay Area. It pisses me off about people always trying to "divide" California. Love California for what it is.
Republic Rocker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Love California for what it is? You mean what it was. Let's see with cities and leaders like Villagrosa and Newsome we have become the nations cesspool.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 15, 2010
 
rob_j wrote:
so cal is horrible, no public transportation(subways or similar) and all the people there are fake. La is the worst place to live
I agree...i spent summers out there, growing up with family, and it has become a mexican gang dump.....and the worst part is, the liberal residents allowed it to happen....
SPeX909 stuck in sac-town

Folsom, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

so cal is horrible? no public transportation? Fake? what happend to the Metro and all the bus system and sac town is full of wantabe ghetto wiggers at least so cal is what it is. you nor cal fags need to stop putting the wrong size tires on your cars this isn't the dirty south, stop saying hella/hecka, Learn to drive "use an f'in blinker" ,all of so cal is not LA, ONTARIO is not in Canada just pick up a Maglite stupid, ur pot is strong but it makes me want to puke, the words bay area dont need to be in every rap/hip-hop song, keep your eyes to ur self before i make them bleed and go down south with that area code tattoo on your back cause you will be running back to mommy and daddy who got you that raised up truck but didnt know to change the gear ratio.
socal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 30, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

over here in socal we have L.A.,San Diego,hollywood,beverly hills,malibu,the O.C(orange county).Norcal is wack its boring over there nothing but fields..its all about that Socal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Roseville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Roseville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••