Rosendale woman a oetraumatizeda over shooting of her dog

Rosendale woman "traumatized" over shooting of her dog Lizzi and Rocco ROSENDALE Dominica Lizzi is "traumatized" over the shooting death of her two-year-old dog Rocco. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve

Albany, NY

#21 Jan 10, 2009
Why are you so ready to believe this guy's story? He needs to justify shooting this dog. Duh.
annie

AOL

#22 Jan 10, 2009
this dog was not out for fun with the deer. otherwise it would not have bitten the neck of the deer... is this the type of dog you would want in your yard with people? this dog acted more feral than docile.
Steve

Albany, NY

#23 Jan 10, 2009
Again, why are you so ready to believe this guy's story? How do we know that the dog "bit" the deer? We have no one's word on that except the shooter's.
frank

AOL

#24 Jan 10, 2009
hey lets look at what we know from the papers
the woman said she had her dog on a leash and it slipped the leash
then a few lines down she states
"docile and it was not in his nature to kill a deer, though she said he would chase them"
if he was on a leash how is it the dog would chase deer?
to me this shows she lets her dog off its leash!
so being there is the perception of a lie there why should we believe any other part of her story
Roseann

Troy, NY

#25 Jan 11, 2009
Rocco was not purposely let loose to hunt dear/this is a tragic occurrence/my sympathy to this hospice social worker who would not hurt a dog or a deer/ she could have been shot while retrieving her dog!
frank

AOL

#26 Jan 11, 2009
your right roseann she never said her dog was allowed to chase/hunt deer well not in so few words anyway
what she did say in the freeman was
her dog would chase deer but never killed them
if her dog was not allowed to run free then their would be know way of known if it would chase deer

next is the use of the dog the artical from the mid-hudson news she says
"She is a social worker for hospice and the dog was a therapy dog for the terminally ill."

in the freeman she changes it a little to
"i would some times take rocco with me to my clients house"

it things like this that makes one question the accurcy of her store

on the other hand there is nothing to show any changes of the gun owners story
so who should we belive
annie

AOL

#27 Jan 12, 2009
again. if lizzi was in control of her dog at all times, which is a state law, this most unpleasant situation would not have occured in the first place. lets put the blame where it belongs.....
frank

AOL

#28 Jan 14, 2009
this just in
the shooter was cleared of all charges
http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...
that means he was telling the truth
lizzi if you get another dog train it right and keep it on a leash
tone

Gorham, ME

#29 Jan 23, 2009
Jen wrote:
You're right; none of us really know. All I know that in New York State, it is only legal to shoot a dog chasing a deer on governmentally protected land.( http://www.animallaw.info/articles/arusdogsch... ) The guy got a ticket for something... I wonder what.
hewas a trigger happy gun fanatic
his ex

Gorham, ME

#30 Jan 25, 2009
tone wrote:
<quoted text>hewas a trigger happy gun fanatic
i was married to that bastd, offa hiissarocker
bo bradley

Gorham, ME

#31 Apr 21, 2009
his ex wrote:
<quoted text>i was married to that bastd, offa hiissarocker
Rosendale is fking hokey
Beth Davis

United States

#32 Jun 2, 2009
I agree! Talk about a double standard. It's perfectly O.K. to shoot a magnificent buck in it's prime, but if a domestic dog chases or hassles a deer, it's not o.k.?

This isn't 1865 and justifying killing someone's pet because they chased a wild animal is just CRAZY!
Rebeccah wrote:
I can't believe you people! This is why people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. Humans hunting deer with guns is supposed to okay, but a mid-sized domesticated dog chasing after a deer is apparently an excuse for slaughter!
This was a horrible and unnecessary death and that guy should be arrested!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosendale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 12 hr truth 759
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 19 Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sep 19 positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 positronium 6,389
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 No one 440
Review: Sarah E Rakov Sep 9 former client 1
•••

Rosendale News Video

•••
•••

Rosendale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rosendale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••