Rosendale woman a oetraumatizeda over...

Rosendale woman a oetraumatizeda over shooting of her dog

There are 32 comments on the Mid-Hudson News story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Rosendale woman a oetraumatizeda over shooting of her dog. In it, Mid-Hudson News reports that:

Rosendale woman "traumatized" over shooting of her dog Lizzi and Rocco ROSENDALE Dominica Lizzi is "traumatized" over the shooting death of her two-year-old dog Rocco.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mid-Hudson News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
frank

AOL

#1 Jan 7, 2009
i can understand the womans feelings about her dog at lest a bullet is fast...but for those of us who have seen what a dog does to a deer we know how slow the deers death is
Jen

United States

#2 Jan 7, 2009
Frank, what would you say if it was a hunter who accidentally shot the dog? This shooting is a reckless act. Period.
frank

AOL

#3 Jan 7, 2009
if it was an accidental shoting then i would agree that it was reckless
but in this case it was a good shot
Jen

United States

#4 Jan 7, 2009
So because the guy hit what he was aiming for it wasn't reckless? I don't think so; he could have easily missed his target, a running dog, and hit the woman.
annie

AOL

#5 Jan 7, 2009
this is a one sided story..this women was ot in control of her dog at all times. otherwise the dog would not have been tearing into a deer to distroy it.... if this dog was a child this women would be charged with child neglect and endangerment for letting it run ......
Jen

United States

#6 Jan 7, 2009
If the story was completely one-sided, we wouldn't know that she admitted that the dog slipped the leash or that it was chasing a deer.

And, if the dog was a child, the guy would have been charged with murder. As far as I know, it is not illegal to going hiking with your kids in the woods, as you imply.
Rebeccah

Hudson, NY

#7 Jan 7, 2009
I can't believe you people! This is why people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. Humans hunting deer with guns is supposed to okay, but a mid-sized domesticated dog chasing after a deer is apparently an excuse for slaughter!
This was a horrible and unnecessary death and that guy should be arrested!
annie

AOL

#8 Jan 7, 2009
how do we know she was walking the dog. that could be a story ....don't you know it is against the state law to not be in control of your dog at all times.... why didn't she take the dog and go home and get it off the deer..? adn would you really want a dog like that to be in a hospice situation..... no me.. one that likes to attack.
Jen

United States

#9 Jan 7, 2009
And how do we know the dog was chasing a deer? That could just be the guy's story, one he made up to cover the shooting of an innocent animal. It seems to me that the dog wasn't known to be aggressive or else it wouldn't have been working in a hospice situation. Think about it.
annie

AOL

#10 Jan 7, 2009
when there is two sides to every story one must look at the facts and determine who or what happened..... now it is up to the courts to decide who is at fault and why,.
frank

AOL

#11 Jan 7, 2009
one thing i have noticed is that the people who
think the gun owner was wrong all seem to live in a city
rosendale is a country setting
for those who live in citys and have never seen a deer that has been killed by a dog
http://www.hku.hk/ecology/porcupine/por32gif/...
warning not for the faint at heart

Jen

United States

#12 Jan 7, 2009
Actually, I live in the country; Schenectady happens to be where my online access is from. I know that the death of a deer can be a brutal thing, as can the death of a pet. If the dog was in fact chasing a deer, I think there are a variety of ways he could have handled the situation rather than shooting to kill.
annie

AOL

#13 Jan 7, 2009
jen and what would you have done if the dog had to be put down to save another animal. go up and pet it and say bad dog..come off of it jen you have no idea what has occurred and neither do we.
Jen

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2009
You're right; none of us really know. All I know that in New York State, it is only legal to shoot a dog chasing a deer on governmentally protected land.( http://www.animallaw.info/articles/arusdogsch... ) The guy got a ticket for something... I wonder what.
annie

AOL

#15 Jan 7, 2009
so do i and the the woman should too. for letting the dog run loose
Jen

United States

#16 Jan 7, 2009
You were right when you said before we would have to wait and see what happens. There is no point arguing about it, since we weren't there. The woman is upset and I am sure the guy who shot the dog is too.
BCB

Germantown, NY

#17 Jan 8, 2009
Rather than passing judgment, I prefer to offer Ms. Lizzi my condolences over the loss of her beloved companion. No matter what the circumstances, losing a pet is incredible difficult.
frank

AOL

#18 Jan 10, 2009
in todays freeman you can read about the dog shooting
one thing that is not mentioned is the fact the deer was a fawn and it was confirmed that the dog had bitten the fawn due to blood found at a cpl of locations
Jen

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2009
No where in the story in the Freeman does it mention that there is any independent confirmation of Stephen Larsen's story. There is no mention of a trail of blood, discovered by anyone.
annie

AOL

#20 Jan 10, 2009
WHEN AN ANIMAL GOES FOR DEATH WHERE DOES IT BITE THE HIND OR THE THROAT..... I BELIEVE THE PAPER SAID THE DEER HAD A BLOODY THROAT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosendale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Undocumented alien charged with sexual contact ... (Apr '10) Feb 17 Johann 3
you know who it is .... Feb 9 Stephen E Triplett 1
News Saint Cabrini worker charged with raping resident (Apr '10) Feb 9 Blackheart 39
News Swift Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Indepe... (Mar '10) Feb 6 Floyd73 79
Whatever happened to Willie Cyr? (Aug '09) Feb 4 Very Sad 6
Selux Feb 2 Pam Struzzieri 9
Ulster County CPS in Federal Court (Sep '09) Jan '17 CLC 15

Rosendale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rosendale Mortgages