SPCA seizes 33 cocker spaniels, 17 bi...

SPCA seizes 33 cocker spaniels, 17 birds from Rosenberg home

There are 47 comments on the www.khou.com story from May 29, 2009, titled SPCA seizes 33 cocker spaniels, 17 birds from Rosenberg home. In it, www.khou.com reports that:

An anonymous tip led SPCA investigators to a shed behind a home in Rosenberg. SPCA The SPCA found 33 cocker spaniels crammed into just a few cages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.khou.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Franck

Tourriers, France

#1 Jun 3, 2009
B-Mac's, the "Kennel" of Horror...HORROR !
SHAME ON YOU BETTY MAC CLENDON...
cocker breeder

Howell, NJ

#2 Jul 15, 2009
I just think this is horrific this womans dog won at the Westminster Dog Show this year and I was there to witness it and she is a disgrace
Bustos

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2009
no
Lucille

Connersville, IN

#4 Jul 21, 2009
cocker breeder wrote:
I just think this is horrific this womans dog won at the Westminster Dog Show this year and I was there to witness it and she is a disgrace
Out of curiousity, did she win best in show or in what category? I cannot believe the condition of those dogs. While she is living fine her animals are suffering. I wonder what kind of fines she'll be given.
Teresa

Shickley, NE

#5 Aug 1, 2009
I have few of her dogs from 5 yrs. ago beautiful but when they arrived from the airport there hip bones were showing.She said they would be groomed.There coat what they had left was scissor cut .you could tell she cut out many mats.Could tell they had not been socialized with.Took me several mo. working wtih them to get them looking health and start socialzing with me. Sad this lady I have talked to several times on phone talked to threw e-mails.Very stuck up person .Put me down to other on my dogs. But I have been inspected by USDA had great report.I also have small hobby/show kennel because of her show rep.she said she could make it to where would never want to show my dogs.I am shocked she did this to her dogs.And have the nerve to try to hurt others.So glad she was caught and pray she is never aloud to own a dog again.These dogs gave her so much.MONEY !! What did they want from her just food and care. She makes me Sick
Elvira

Fayetteville, NC

#6 Aug 19, 2009
I just became aware of this story as I live on the east coast however I have one of the dogs that was born in this horrible place over 5 years ago. His Dad was still there apparently living in a horrible situation. I am so glad that a very nice breeder in Miss purchased my precious four legged person and then gave him to me 3 years ago when my Mom died. I cried when I saw this and I still cry for the life those precious dogs lived. I am glad to know that they will live out the rest of their lives in good homes. God Bless all the people who stepped in.
Lexie

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 20, 2009
I have adopted one of the rescued dogs; she's a beautiful little girl and it just breaks my heart that anyone could treat the animals the way that she did. I don't care what her problem is, she should NEVER be allowed to have any animals.

My new addition is welcomed, loved and cherished. She's got issues on food agression and potty training, but she's been a quick study; knowing the words to sit, and night night. I think that she will soon over come this issues.
5 year old female Sidney

Windsor, Canada

#8 Dec 13, 2009
Does anyone know if a cocker spaniel (parti-colour) named Sidney/Sydney was rescued or adopted?
she would be 5 years of age - thank you
jmw0128

Houston, TX

#9 Jun 7, 2010
5 year old female Sidney wrote:
Does anyone know if a cocker spaniel (parti-colour) named Sidney/Sydney was rescued or adopted?
she would be 5 years of age - thank you
I just saw the episode on Animal Planet about the rescue of the cocker spaniels from Rosenberg. Was Sidney/Sydney in Rosenberg? Other posts have referred to Betty M. as the owner of this "kennel of horror" but on the t.v. episode, it referred to a "he" as the owner of the dogs. Any idea how we can find out for sure who owned these mistreated dogs?
tilly lilly

Montgomery, TX

#10 Jul 8, 2010
The owner/breeder is a women indeed her name is Betty McClendon, very nasty attitude,rude,and thinks shes so better than everyone. karma is biting her back lol.
momo

Montgomery, TX

#11 Jul 8, 2010
yeah this woman is my grandma and im very ashamed to be related to her. i reported her to the spca she found out and now im dead to her which is fine to me. she never should have got the kennel if she wasnt prepared to take care of the dogs. she is very cruel. she had intentions of freezing the dogs to death in a deep freezer. she thought it would be "humane". she got landed with a $11,000 fine for boarding the dogs at the spca, then another $17,000 fine for something else. idk what it was for but i do know that she is trying to weasel her way out of getting animal cruelty charges. she is a cold hearted bitch and im proud she is out of my life. i can say that im EXTREMELY proud of myself for having the courage to report her cuz i and the spca saved those dogs from a ruthless woman. if anyone knows if any of the dos are still up for adoption plz let me know. i would love nothin more than to have one and show them the love they never had. heres my email if antone knows anything

[email protected]
Ann Chantel

Houston, TX

#12 Jul 10, 2010
All of the cockers awarded ownership to the Houston SPCA have been adopted. Some were adopted through HSPCA and others through Cocker Spaniel Rescue of East Texas.

The owner of the dogs is a woman. However, under Texas law both the husband and wife are considered the owners for legal matters since the property is co-owned. Therefore both will face criminal charges, though it was the wife who was the breeder and owner. The she had at Westminster Kennel Club in 2009 was as the co-breeder and co-owner of the parti cocker Best of Variety winner. This dog was not among the dogs seized as he was with his co-owner, who assumed full ownership after the show. However, his dam was among the dogs seized. She was identified by her microchip number, which her co-owner knew. The woman refused to do anything with regards to identifying the dogs. A few were identified through their show win pictures. There is a facebook page "Justice for the Rosenberg 32" that has pictures and information on our attempts to get criminal charges filed. Morgan, thank you for saving the dogs. What the Animal Cops Houston show never mentioned was that many birds in horrible condition were also seized. The $17,000 .)fine is probably with regards to the care the HSPCA gave the birds.(I only attended the hearing on ownership of the dogs. I did not return the following morning for the hearing on the birds.)
Sheila

Twin Falls, ID

#13 Jul 15, 2010
Good for you Morgan! You have a heart and a concience to have been able to stand up and do this for the dogs and you are better off to not be associated with such a heartless person..blood or no blood. I wish you the very best life has to offer. You need a much deserved pat on the back and a HUGE hug for your bravery to help those that were so helpless. God bless you!
momo

Montgomery, TX

#14 Jul 15, 2010
i would love to see the animal cops episode so if anyone knows a wesite where i can watch it plz let me know
Mike

Dallas, TX

#15 Dec 9, 2010
I purchased a beautiful little all-black female Cocker Spaniel from her four years ago. Her name is Guinevere but goes by Girly Sue. She is the healthiest dog I have ever had, and according to Betty the monstrous bitch, her sire was Eights Eights Black Jag and the mother was Zoe. I will be at Betty McClendon's trial in January of 2011. She will see my face, and I will tell her she is the most vile piece of shit that can walk on this planet. If I could spit on her without being arrested...I would.
Joe Cocker

Houston, TX

#16 Dec 9, 2010
This lowlife should serve her jail time in one of her kennels.
jmw0128

Richmond, TX

#17 Dec 9, 2010
How can we find out when and where her trial will be held? She needs to be dealt the most severe punishment. Maybe the Fort Bend Herald will finally run a story about her when she goes to trial. The Herald failed to report anything when the dogs were seized by the SPCA.
Cocker lover 2011

Houston, TX

#19 Jan 9, 2011
The arraignment is set for jan. 27,2011 if you would like to be there. I have adopted one of these poor babies and I have a file of paperwork on him showing the eye, ear, skin and health probles that I had to battle with this little boy. I will do my best to try to get this in the evidence file for her trial, if need be than I will take my baby to the trial for the judge and jury to see what he looks like now with the photos/videos of him when he was seized and taken to the aspca and groomed by the cocker spaniel rescue of east Texas. There was also one that had to be put under anisteshia while they cut his matts off....He was in such bad shape he had maggots coming out of his skin from the living conditions......this BITCH will pay one way or the other, the good lord above will see to that!
Awana Sumbootay

Houston, TX

#20 Jan 9, 2011
Stick her fat ass in one of her own kennels and let her wallow in excrement. She deserves no less.
jmw0128

Richmond, TX

#22 Jan 28, 2011
The case has been reset to 3/31/11 at 1:30. Please write a letter to Judge Bud Childers, 117 Legion Dr., Richmond, Tx 77469, and express your opinions regarding the punishment for McClendon. She can't get away with this!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosenberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Haunted? Richmond has its share of ghost stories (Jan '08) Jun 28 thegayblackmexican 53
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
City May '16 True 1
Cool Hand Luke may you rest in peace my brother Apr '16 Tom 1
News Toni King:Confused about TRS Medicare Plan or M... Apr '16 Paul608 1
Flooding - Red Bird Lane Apr '16 Sstubblefield 1
Prison Guard beats Inmate at Jester 4. (May '07) Mar '16 Txgirl 35

Rosenberg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rosenberg Mortgages