#94408 Dec 10, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#94409 Dec 10, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94410 Dec 10, 2013
Great Bears win last night...and tribute to Mike Ditka....too bad it was so bitterly cold, but you have to really hand it to fans, who can tolerate that for 3-4 hours....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#94411 Dec 10, 2013
Ahem: 72 hours to California!

I have a pretty jam-packed schedule for a "restful" vacation. Friday having lunch with niece (staying at niece's house) and one of my oldest friends (we met in like '76 or '77) then dinner with the family and niece and I are outta there going to a club to meet up with Union Maid.

Saturday, birthday party for niece's friend's kids, lotsa people, lotsa Mexican food made by real Mexicans…IOW, a taste of how I grew up. Saturday afternoon/night a small trip to the beach.

Sunday…lunch/hang out with Union Maid. Sunday night Christmas in the Park ( http://www.christmasinthepark.com/home.html )…been too long since I've been there.

Monday: Brunch with my first ever boyfriend/one of my oldest friends and maybe a motorcycle ride if he buys it before the weekend is over. Maybe another quick trip to the beach. Dinner with my oldest friend.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94412 Dec 10, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
I have a pretty jam-packed schedule for a "restful" vacation. Friday having lunch with niece (staying at niece's house) and one of my oldest friends (we met in like '76 or '77) then dinner with the family and niece and I are outta there going to a club to meet up with Union Maid.
Saturday, birthday party for niece's friend's kids, lotsa people, lotsa Mexican food made by real Mexicans…IOW, a taste of how I grew up. Saturday afternoon/night a small trip to the beach.
Sunday…lunch/hang out with Union Maid. Sunday night Christmas in the Park ( http://www.christmasinthepark.com/home.html )…been too long since I've been there.
Monday: Brunch with my first ever boyfriend/one of my oldest friends and maybe a motorcycle ride if he buys it before the weekend is over. Maybe another quick trip to the beach. Dinner with my oldest friend.
Mimi-sounds like an AWESOME trip!!! Have fun and hi to Union Maid!!!

Hollywood, FL

#94413 Dec 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Thanks Florida folks. I booked us a place in South Beach tonight.
JMW, is that too far from you if we meet in the middle.
Haha, what Race said.:)

Ft. Lauderdale is totally doable, or if you want to come up to Boca or Delray...? What are the dates that you'll be in FL?

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94414 Dec 10, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ft. Lauderdale is totally doable, or if you want to come up to Boca or Delray...? What are the dates that you'll be in FL?
Ya know, St. Pete is nice, too...

:)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94416 Dec 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
Oh, like Ft Lauderdale...
Nawww, No way I want to hang with Sublime and JMW for an evening...
Thats all right, Just leave RACE out of the loop...(sniff!)
<quoted text>
That sounds fun.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94417 Dec 10, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
You're going to California? Cool.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94418 Dec 10, 2013
No, I'm a jerkface.
How about you?
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's sweet of you. Maybe you're not the jerkface you are on the internet. Maybe you just blurt stuff out for whatever reason?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94419 Dec 10, 2013
Come and see me and we can go together.
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#94420 Dec 10, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
We only have 5 nights that we can be gone, unfortunately. We will be there on Saturday, the 22nd of March. We will be probably leave at 4AM or 5AM and hope to be down there by dinner time or a little before on Saturday. We have to leave to come home on Thursday the 27th, as my in laws plan on leaving on Friday.

So, there's not really a good weekend night, unfortunately. We could do Saturday for a late-ish dinner or drinks on the 22nd if that works best for everyone.

Google maps says it is just under 12 hour drive for us, but depending on how much I drive (Bambi drives like Ms. Daisy is in the car with her, lol), I can probably shave at least an hour to if not closer to 2 hours off of that. So, Saturday should be doable if that works.

If not, any time would be fine for us.

Location hidden

#94421 Dec 10, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94422 Dec 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Looks like the date might be tough for me, but you all will have to remind me and, if I can swing it, maybe I'll try and get down there!!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94423 Dec 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Great Bears win last night...and tribute to Mike Ditka....too bad it was so bitterly cold, but you have to really hand it to fans, who can tolerate that for 3-4 hours....
It's Chicago. It's winter. It will get colder and windier. What's the big deal?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94424 Dec 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We only have 5 nights that we can be gone, unfortunately. We will be there on Saturday, the 22nd of March. We will be probably leave at 4AM or 5AM and hope to be down there by dinner time or a little before on Saturday. We have to leave to come home on Thursday the 27th, as my in laws plan on leaving on Friday.
So, there's not really a good weekend night, unfortunately. We could do Saturday for a late-ish dinner or drinks on the 22nd if that works best for everyone.
Google maps says it is just under 12 hour drive for us, but depending on how much I drive (Bambi drives like Ms. Daisy is in the car with her, lol), I can probably shave at least an hour to if not closer to 2 hours off of that. So, Saturday should be doable if that works.
I remember the trip from Chicago to SC in the Batmobile.

Line from old Jim Croce song "95 is the route you were on, it is not the speed limit sign"

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94425 Dec 10, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Finals over?
Say hi to UM
I have passed the Christmas in the Park link to my SF daughter.

Both girls will be in SF for Christmas ( first holiday in 27 years without ANY kids :`(.)

Hollywood, FL

#94426 Dec 10, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you're driving - then you'll be passing right by me on the way to Miami.:) But you may not want to stop and/or get back in the car after such a long drive on that day. Weeknights are fine for me too but we can work out the details closer to your trip.

Do you check your PMs? I'll send you my email and cell.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#94428 Dec 10, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It's Chicago. It's winter. It will get colder and windier. What's the big deal?
*sigh*

My dogs keep going to the back door to be let out and when I open it, the cold hits them and they're like "Wait, it's *still* super cold out? I'm good." and they walk away.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#94429 Dec 10, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/offe...

Illinois claims three of these. Yay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosemont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Dr Guru 219,440
Oceans Gentlemen's Club. A totally awesome, er... 39 min Strip club man 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 44 min Obama is a joke 1,403,949
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 3 hr Kayla Phillips 751
Rating girls 4 hr Habsm22 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658
Obama to head Mosque in City, 5 hr Sis Marian Roberta 1

Rosemont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rosemont Mortgages