“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94385 Dec 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
???
Isn't a tablet with a keyboard attachment the same as a small laptop?
<quoted text>
Tecnho-idjit here.

A tablet can (has to?) use apps like a phone because of the size of its processor. A lap top can use the full programs because its processor ha more room/size/speed.

Keyboards come with a laptop; they are optional on tablets

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94386 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Poll:
Yesterday I bought a dress in a store for 40% off. Today, I got an email from the same chain promoting a one-day online-only sale of 50% off. I called customer service and the only way for me to get the additional savings is to order the exact same item online and return the one I physically have to the store. It's a savings of $13 with free shipping and the store is less than a mile from where I live so it's not like it would be a hassle and I'll definitely be back in that area to shop within the next couple of weeks. But with the free shipping, it's also kind of slow and I'm not sure I want to wait 2 or 3 weeks.
Worth it? Or just eat the $13 and keep the item?
I would keep the dress and write a terse letter of complaint to the company.

If that does not work, if they have a customer feedback blog, post it there. You gave them the money sooner and saved them the expense of the "free" shipping.(UPS is not a charitable organization) It is worth something to keep you as a customer and to keep their customer service blog clean from this sort of thing.

(Ann Taylor?)

I got caught in a website over the weekend that smelled fishy as soon as I true to irk in it. Couldn't find a legitimate way to communicate with them, so I used the general questions email and laid out exactly my complaint. The non refundable deposit and the cancellation fee were reversed (I had also told my charge card to disallow the charge)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94387 Dec 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
But whats that commercial about "A laptop when you need it and a tablet when you want it?"
<quoted text>
that's a windows tablet. That actually is probably the closest to interchangeable ad you can get( i assumed you were talking ipad or android). Windows redid their whole interface so as to try to merge a tablet and a desktop interface into one. So the windows tablet interface really is pretty close to the same as windows pc. Problem being, most pc users(self included) hate the windows 8 interface(ask mimi).

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94388 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. A tablet is basically a fun but expensive toy, in my opinion.
that's exactly how i describe them

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94389 Dec 9, 2013
BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>Do you use proxy servers on both?
Why?
^^^^ Pot.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94390 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Poll:
Yesterday I bought a dress in a store for 40% off. Today, I got an email from the same chain promoting a one-day online-only sale of 50% off. I called customer service and the only way for me to get the additional savings is to order the exact same item online and return the one I physically have to the store. It's a savings of $13 with free shipping and the store is less than a mile from where I live so it's not like it would be a hassle and I'll definitely be back in that area to shop within the next couple of weeks. But with the free shipping, it's also kind of slow and I'm not sure I want to wait 2 or 3 weeks.
Worth it? Or just eat the $13 and keep the item?
same dress, same store? Order the online one. Wear the store bought one. When the online one arrives, return it to tje store witj the store reciept. Its the same dress.
Timmy

United States

#94391 Dec 9, 2013
marketing
RACE wrote:
But whats that commercial about "A laptop when you need it and a tablet when you want it?"
<quoted text>

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94392 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Poll:
Yesterday I bought a dress in a store for 40% off. Today, I got an email from the same chain promoting a one-day online-only sale of 50% off. I called customer service and the only way for me to get the additional savings is to order the exact same item online and return the one I physically have to the store. It's a savings of $13 with free shipping and the store is less than a mile from where I live so it's not like it would be a hassle and I'll definitely be back in that area to shop within the next couple of weeks. But with the free shipping, it's also kind of slow and I'm not sure I want to wait 2 or 3 weeks.
Worth it? Or just eat the $13 and keep the item?
Eat it. Your time is more valuable than that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94393 Dec 9, 2013
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I should just ask her what she wants. I did ask her what she wanted in general, and she said she did not want anything, so it will probably be tough to make her choose.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>that's a windows tablet. That actually is probably the closest to interchangeable ad you can get( i assumed you were talking ipad or android). Windows redid their whole interface so as to try to merge a tablet and a desktop interface into one. So the windows tablet interface really is pretty close to the same as windows pc. Problem being, most pc users(self included) hate the windows 8 interface(ask mimi).

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#94394 Dec 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> I would keep the dress and write a terse letter of complaint to the company.
If that does not work, if they have a customer feedback blog, post it there. You gave them the money sooner and saved them the expense of the "free" shipping.(UPS is not a charitable organization) It is worth something to keep you as a customer and to keep their customer service blog clean from this sort of thing.
(Ann Taylor?)
I got caught in a website over the weekend that smelled fishy as soon as I true to irk in it. Couldn't find a legitimate way to communicate with them, so I used the general questions email and laid out exactly my complaint. The non refundable deposit and the cancellation fee were reversed (I had also told my charge card to disallow the charge)
Banana Republic.

I did sent an email stating that I didn't like being essentially penalized for shopping in the store vs. online, and that the process I would need to follow to get the full discount at this point is very inefficient. So we'll see what they reply with....

Last week, I dropped a Smart Ones ravioli all over the floor coming out of the microwave because the plastic tray was so flimsy, it folded in half as I was holding it by the edges. I emailed Heinz and they're sending me coupons.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#94395 Dec 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>same dress, same store? Order the online one. Wear the store bought one. When the online one arrives, return it to tje store witj the store reciept. Its the same dress.
Duh... I hadn't thought of that. That way I'm not without the dress OR the $13. The only potential issue with that is that the inconvenience factor of going to the store will likely increase by the time the online one would get here.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94396 Dec 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>same dress, same store? Order the online one. Wear the store bought one. When the online one arrives, return it to tje store witj the store reciept. Its the same dress.
I would never have thought of doing that and it's so simple. I'm going to remember this next time I run into this situation.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94397 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh... I hadn't thought of that. That way I'm not without the dress OR the $13. The only potential issue with that is that the inconvenience factor of going to the store will likely increase by the time the online one would get here.
Right? Simple but brilliant.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#94398 Dec 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
2 a.m.? You posted this at 2 a.m.?
Not everyone has the luxury of sleeping half the day away. Things to do, places to go! The days a wastin!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94400 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Poll:
Yesterday I bought a dress in a store for 40% off. Today, I got an email from the same chain promoting a one-day online-only sale of 50% off. I called customer service and the only way for me to get the additional savings is to order the exact same item online and return the one I physically have to the store. It's a savings of $13 with free shipping and the store is less than a mile from where I live so it's not like it would be a hassle and I'll definitely be back in that area to shop within the next couple of weeks. But with the free shipping, it's also kind of slow and I'm not sure I want to wait 2 or 3 weeks.
Worth it? Or just eat the $13 and keep the item?
Why don't you order it, wear the one you have now and when the other comes in the mail return it to the store with the receipt. It's not cheating or stealing. You are returning the exact thing you bought unused and unworn. As long as it's within the return time period.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#94401 Dec 9, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you order it, wear the one you have now and when the other comes in the mail return it to the store with the receipt. It's not cheating or stealing. You are returning the exact thing you bought unused and unworn. As long as it's within the return time period.
Yep... and it took two of you guys pointing this out to me as an option.:)

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94402 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep... and it took two of you guys pointing this out to me as an option.:)
I didn't realize that someone else had already suggested it!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94403 Dec 9, 2013
Thanks Florida folks. I booked us a place in South Beach tonight.

JMW, is that too far from you if we meet in the middle.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94404 Dec 9, 2013
I got a good deal on orbitz at a place that suits us. We are a few blocks from the Versace mansion, 3 blocks from beach and nightlife and restaurants are right out the door. That's exactly what I was looking for. Looked at places in F. Lauderdale, but i didn't see anything that had everything within walking distance, like this, for a comparable price. I figure I'm gonna burn through the $$ in S. Beach, tho. My neighbor just went and said a drink is like $20 out at the clubs.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94405 Dec 9, 2013
Oh, like Ft Lauderdale...
Nawww, No way I want to hang with Sublime and JMW for an evening...
Thats all right, Just leave RACE out of the loop...(sniff!)
Sublime1 wrote:
Thanks Florida folks. I booked us a place in South Beach tonight.
JMW, is that too far from you if we meet in the middle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosemont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,207,754
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Graham Cracker 51,889
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min OzRitz 52,407
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Jacques in Orleans 185,948
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Red_Forman 826
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,825
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,159
Rosemont Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rosemont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]