Construction under way for Huy Fong Foods Inc. in Irwindale

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Rain isn't putting a damper on the construction of Huy Fong Food Inc.'s corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility, which city officials expect to boost the local economy.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Aug 12, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
john

La Puente, CA

#1 Oct 20, 2010
This is great news!
unemployed

Covina, CA

#4 Oct 21, 2010
Who do I talk to about a job? Will they hire white people? I did manufacturing years ago, before the lay-offs.....
david

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Oct 21, 2010
i love sriracha.
Anonymous

La Puente, CA

#6 Oct 21, 2010
unemployed wrote:
Who do I talk to about a job? Will they hire white people? I did manufacturing years ago, before the lay-offs.....
It's "HUY FONG FOOD INC."do you really think they're going to hire White,Mexican or Black people!!LMAO.. ok maybe one of each!! It's going to be like those sweat shops!! Full of Illegal Asians working to pay for their boat ride here!!:( I guess it's better than Prostitution!
kvl

Duarte, CA

#7 Oct 21, 2010
This is good for our local economy. Not only will there be jobs there, but the construction itself will employ many, including plumbers, electricians, etc.

Since: Sep 09

Pico Rivera

#8 Oct 21, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>It's "HUY FONG FOOD INC."do you really think they're going to hire White,Mexican or Black people!!LMAO.. ok maybe one of each!! It's going to be like those sweat shops!! Full of Illegal Asians working to pay for their boat ride here!!:( I guess it's better than Prostitution!
working is better than STEALING!!!
Anonymous

La Puente, CA

#9 Oct 21, 2010
peej18404 wrote:
<quoted text>
working is better than STEALING!!!
LOL. yes it IS SMART GUY!!

Pico Rivera

#10 Oct 21, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. yes it IS SMART GUY!!
thanks appreciate the compliment. i was the head of the class at east LA college (aka taco tech_
Anonymous

La Puente, CA

#11 Oct 21, 2010
peej18404 wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks appreciate the compliment. i was the head of the class at east LA college (aka taco tech_
I'm sure you were the HEAD! of that class!!!LOL..
Concerned Resident of BP

United States

#12 Oct 21, 2010
Where did this Vietnamese UfO obtain the money to undertake a big project such as this? Just to make Chili Sauce. I have a lot of friends that fought in Viet Nam for these people, whenever I visit my friends, I have to fly cross country to visit them at the Viet Nam Memorial. It not fair.
WUZsi

Santa Clarita, CA

#13 Oct 21, 2010
Concerned Resident of BP wrote:
Where did this Vietnamese UfO obtain the money to undertake a big project such as this? Just to make Chili Sauce. I have a lot of friends that fought in Viet Nam for these people, whenever I visit my friends, I have to fly cross country to visit them at the Viet Nam Memorial. It not fair.
Most likely through Irwindale's Redevelopment Agency, meaning that tax payer dollars are going to partially fund the project. Most, if not all of these redevelopment agencies are are corrupt where most of the money goes to fiance private companies such as Huy Fong Foods. Sadly,this was not the original intent and purpose of "redevelopment." Not fair by a long shot...
david

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Oct 21, 2010
dude, this sauce is sold all over the country that's how. and you didnt go to war for these people, you went to war to validate and fund the american industrial complex.
pancho

Pasadena, CA

#15 Oct 21, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure you were the HEAD! of that class!!!LOL..
Ahhh bumps on the back of his head!!!!!School of hard knocks Taco tech....
Bill

Highland, CA

#16 Oct 21, 2010
Concerned Resident of BP wrote:
LoL, my goodness, you mexicans sure do have low IQ's and h8ge inferority complexes. Thank god you human gabage dont run shiieeet, cause if you guys did we'd all be fucccceeeeeddd!

Since: Dec 08

Glendale, CA

#17 Oct 21, 2010
WUZsi wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely through Irwindale's Redevelopment Agency, meaning that tax payer dollars are going to partially fund the project. Most, if not all of these redevelopment agencies are are corrupt where most of the money goes to fiance private companies such as Huy Fong Foods. Sadly,this was not the original intent and purpose of "redevelopment." Not fair by a long shot...
It's called "hard work and perseverance". The company was started by ONE man. He started out growing chilis and eventually invested his life $50k life savings because the bank refused to lend him $200k to start out...(so like Mel Gibson says: phuck the bank and look at "Passion of the Christ"). Then his business flourished through word of mouth without advertising. When you developed a good product, eventually, people will buy.

As far as hiring, I'm pretty sure the company is non-bias toward applicants because being prejudice will lead to nowhere -- sooner or later. If you want a job, quit whining and apply, and if you want to do something bigger than just a job, again, quit whining and start doing something.

I wish I can be as successful as him.

Pico Rivera

#18 Oct 21, 2010
pancho wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh bumps on the back of his head!!!!!School of hard knocks Taco tech....
Graduated Taco tech & got my MS degree at Cal Stat LA (aka Burrito Tech). Now I have a decent job & not living on welfare like most of the peeps in Pico!!!!
Republic

Alhambra, CA

#19 Oct 22, 2010
"It's "HUY FONG FOOD INC."do you really think they're going to hire White,Mexican or Black people!!LMAO.. ok maybe one of each!! It's going to be like those sweat shops!! Full of Illegal Asians working to pay for their boat ride here!!:( I guess it's better than Prostitution!"

They will hire plenty of Mexicans. Not so much the illegal asians. Too difficult to bring them here from across the ocean and not worth the risk.

Pico Rivera

#20 Oct 22, 2010
Republic wrote:
"It's "HUY FONG FOOD INC."do you really think they're going to hire White,Mexican or Black people!!LMAO.. ok maybe one of each!! It's going to be like those sweat shops!! Full of Illegal Asians working to pay for their boat ride here!!:( I guess it's better than Prostitution!"
They will hire plenty of Mexicans. Not so much the illegal asians. Too difficult to bring them here from across the ocean and not worth the risk.
Viva la meheco
PROUD

West Covina, CA

#22 Aug 5, 2011
Shove it wrote:
Before the mexicans come on here and hate like they always do, there will be 190 jobs created! Most of these position will be held by a diverse workforce with lots of mexican workers. I dont see mexican/hispanics bringing in any job creations, so they need to quit hating on anyone that isnt white.
the wealthiest man in the world is mexican.
PROUD

West Covina, CA

#23 Aug 5, 2011
no matter what your race is, alot of us work hard. thats what we need, jobs

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosemead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Known gang member found fatally shot in East Va... (Nov '12) 1 hr Southsider 4 life 62
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin Nation 27,092
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr go away 5,007
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr Soaked good 200,593
Grant of more US Work permits, US Green Cards, ... 9 hr Dee Dee Dee 3
What is the Worst Feature of the Proposed Monte... (Jan '14) 14 hr Trojan Man 81
Louie Lujan Government Relations 14 hr Ferguson 2
•••

Rosemead News Video

•••
•••

Rosemead Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rosemead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE