Church vs. state: More than a battle ...

Church vs. state: More than a battle of Christmas trees in N.J.

There are 5 comments on the The Times of Trenton story from Oct 9, 2016, titled Church vs. state: More than a battle of Christmas trees in N.J.. In it, The Times of Trenton reports that:

It's a squabble typically reserved for December, when evergreen trees appear in town centers and decorations adorn city hall lawns. But every so often, arguments about religion in the public sphere pop up without warning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times of Trenton.

luchy

Toms River, NJ

#1 Nov 1, 2016
There should never be arguments about Christmas decorations place anywhere. It is our holiday we are allowed to decorate no matter if it is our homes church's store fronts streets or towns. I am so tired other ppl are offended by our celebration Christ was born. If ppl are so offended look the other way stay in your homes. Leave our holiday alone. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
John Gold

Lakewood, NJ

#2 Dec 12, 2016
Nothing wrong with the decorations. Just homeowners should be aware of the fire risks associated with electrical wiring. As a NJ home insurance agent, I've seen my fair share of associated claims.
Christmas Cheers

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 Apr 9, 2017
Was told that public places where a no no for displaying Holy Christmas themes . I told them
at Rockerfeller Center Skating Rink every December the Catholic Priest bless the Rockerfeller Tree each year since 1951. The property is owned privately. I was there on December 22nd and I witnessed plenty of soliders with guns protecting the area.
ggreenberg

Centerport, NY

#4 Jul 26, 2017
Which group besides the Jewish population is complaining? Please don't cry. You break my heart!!!
samt

Centerport, NY

#5 Aug 16, 2017
I believe the airports are still open. If some members of the Lakewood community are so offended by our Christmas trees fly away where there are no Christmas trees. Be happy and a Merry Christmas to all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roselle Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Elizabeth principal accused of choking student (Jun '12) Sep 12 Out with it 5
Roselle Park police Aug 23 NakiaHarris 1
Federkos old wilicks farm taven Aug '18 Lee m 1
News A nightmare happening in daylight' NEW Aug '18 pugs 7
Old Friends Aug '18 N Colwell 1
News All 600 undocumented immigrants need to get fin... Aug '18 Illegalsarefarts 26
Oscar Berrios (Sep '15) Aug '18 Butchy 6

Roselle Park Jobs

Personal Finance

Roselle Park Mortgages