Police: Dad Shot Himself Hours After Killing Wife, Son

Full story: NBC 5 Chicago

The slaying of a Roselle family was ruled a double murder-suicide Thursday, with authorities saying the father shot his wife and 7-year-old son multiple times before putting a revolver in his mouth and killing ...
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jun 2, 2008
Texas Longhorn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

I doubt he would have been enough of a man to kill them without a gun. Thanks again to the NRA, we get to go to another funeral.
Officer L

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Just My Opinion

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

Texas Longhorn wrote:
I doubt he would have been enough of a man to kill them without a gun. Thanks again to the NRA, we get to go to another funeral.
Just so you know,..... the NRA was NOT there pulling the trigger. They had nothing to do with it. Stop blaming a sick individuals actions on the NRA.

to the family and friends of teh victims.. my prayers to you for the strength you will need to get through this obviously difficult time and for God's comfort for your hearts.
anonymous

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Thanks to the NRA? That is like saying.. thanks to the forks for all the fat people...
Texas Longhorn wrote:
Patrick

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

anonymous wrote:
Thanks to the NRA? That is like saying.. thanks to the forks for all the fat people...
<quoted text>
Or thanks to the cars for all of the drunk drivers.

I hate it when people blame objects for the actions of people.

If this guy had not had a gun, he would have still killed them. Why? Because the gun that he used was just a tool. If he had not had that, he would have used something else, because he wanted to kill people.

Get your head on straight and see the real issue. It wasn't the gun, it was the murderous nature of his heart that caused this trajedy.
abcdefg

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2008

Judged:

joe, man i loved him he was my little brothers best friend! how sad it is to have your own best friend die dont you think?
Dave Hopkins

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2008

Judged:

I knew Becky when she was a young women in her twenties, she a beautiful person, inside and out. It greatly saddened me when Kenny called with this terrible news.

My condolences and prayers go out to all of the families and friends.

I will always remember Becky as the vibrant person she was and for those that know & remember tha great times we had on the Beer Run
Mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2008

you people with your blaming the gun laws and the NRA. there was a comment about the gun was only an object. Suppose he cracked the end of a beer bottle or vodka bottle then what. We need to point the finger at a beer comapny or Grey Goose for killing them? same thing. I knew both Mike and Becky and they where are still are good people. I don't know what could of made Mike snap like that but it does bother me that a friend would do this. But think about this before you go and pointing fingers. Do you think you know your own neighbors? so for the people that don't know the family. keep your comments to yourself. and send your thoughts and prayers to the family for there loss and to the Fontana family also just think about is family have to like with and probably labled to society because of you people?
anonymous

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

keep our comments to ourself? In case you are unware.. this is a public forum. If you want a place where only good things are said, you should create it and moderate it yourself, then you can censor anything you don't like.
Back on topic, I am so sorry for the family and friends of this family. I know how painful suicide can be to a family but cannot even fathom a murder suicide. Obviously this man was mentally ill.
Mike wrote:
you people with your blaming the gun laws and the NRA. there was a comment about the gun was only an object. Suppose he cracked the end of a beer bottle or vodka bottle then what. We need to point the finger at a beer comapny or Grey Goose for killing them? same thing. I knew both Mike and Becky and they where are still are good people. I don't know what could of made Mike snap like that but it does bother me that a friend would do this. But think about this before you go and pointing fingers. Do you think you know your own neighbors? so for the people that don't know the family. keep your comments to yourself. and send your thoughts and prayers to the family for there loss and to the Fontana family also just think about is family have to like with and probably labled to society because of you people?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Roselle Discussions

Search the Roselle Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 49,032
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 9 hr Pay to Play 1,881
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 11 hr Nono 6,592
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 11 hr Chicagobunny 528
Review: Grabari Studios Inc (Aug '08) 13 hr Marve the Video man 35
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Thu Audit 3,853
Do you approve of Billie D. Roth as Mayor? Thu New resident 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Roselle Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••