Roselle man, 88, accused of molesting...

Roselle man, 88, accused of molesting boys

There are 53 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Roselle man, 88, accused of molesting boys. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Bail was set at $500,000 Wednesday for an 88-year-old Roselle man accused of sexually assaulting two children last summer, the DuPage County state's attorney's office said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jahree

Elmhurst, IL

#1 Apr 16, 2008
throw him in jail for life
Colleen

Bronx, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2008
GROSS
patrick

Oak Park, IL

#5 Apr 16, 2008
Just proving once again that Chester the Molester lives, even at age 88! Also proves that once a molester always a molester, my goodness!

Since: Feb 08

United States

#8 Apr 16, 2008
Why would these kids be allowed to go to an 88 year old man's house? Their parents should have felt uneasy about this invitation. Now about the molester...does he have a previous history? This is a really, really odd story. He needs to be detained for the rest of his life to ensure the safety of others, as well as himself.
Colleen

Bronx, NY

#10 Apr 16, 2008
rainemonday wrote:
Why would these kids be allowed to go to an 88 year old man's house? Their parents should have felt uneasy about this invitation. Now about the molester...does he have a previous history? This is a really, really odd story. He needs to be detained for the rest of his life to ensure the safety of others, as well as himself.
HIGHLY doubtful that someone suddenly reverts to pedophilia at age 88. But we can only hope there are no other victims...
nomw

Northbrook, IL

#19 Apr 16, 2008
Nothing will be done because he isn't a priest. Just like the pedophile in the Northbrook Junior High School (the guy who lives in Highland Park), the Baptist Youth minister, etc, etc. They get off free and clear.
Italian Gal

Schaumburg, IL

#26 Apr 16, 2008
I agree that it's wrong that this old guy did this, but seriously, no one thinks that maybe Old-Timers has set in, or some sort of geriatric dementia?
HP kid

Crystal Lake, IL

#28 Apr 16, 2008
This is why I will not go to church or take my children. It is a place used by predators to get at children.
leonard hamilton

Coal City, IL

#29 Apr 16, 2008
Gotta love that suburban living. Your choice catholic priest or the elderly volunteer.
Kitty D

Warren, NJ

#31 Apr 16, 2008
Italian Gal wrote:
I agree that it's wrong that this old guy did this, but seriously, no one thinks that maybe Old-Timers has set in, or some sort of geriatric dementia?
This is a very good point and should be looked into. In the mean time, he needs to be kept in jail.
unknown

Des Plaines, IL

#33 Apr 16, 2008
i used to attend the church where this guy volunteered. you would never think just by looking at him that he could do anything like this. i was shocked to read his name because he was a familiar face at the church and i used to think he was the nciest old man, he can barely even walk, the last time i saw him there a few years ago. just goes to show, that you can never fully judge someone by their appearance. disgusting.
Michael

United States

#35 Apr 16, 2008
Finally caught at the age of 88 and no one complained before.
There has to be a long list from his past somewhere.
hell awaits

Elmhurst, IL

#38 Apr 16, 2008
Church going, well respected, suburban living, republican voting old white guy strikes again.
Jack

United States

#40 Apr 16, 2008
That really proves the statement "snow on the roof doesn't mean no fire in the basement". At that age, I don't think Bubba will be too interested LOL.
Bingo

Mokena, IL

#41 Apr 16, 2008
Michael wrote:
Finally caught at the age of 88 and no one complained before.
There has to be a long list from his past somewhere.
You hit it on the head. I shiver thinking how far back this goes. The pool sounds like the perfect enticement for kids.
Curious One

Monticello, AR

#42 Apr 16, 2008
Why doesn't he just do it to himself and get over it!!!!
Gene Tierney

AOL

#43 Apr 16, 2008
What an old geezer. Must have taken loads of ED medication.
jim stevens

O Fallon, MO

#44 Apr 16, 2008
I have heard of several situations where old men who had no history of pedophilia or sexual improprieties suddenly developed aberrant sexual desires. It may be that this man is simply demented or the victim of a recent stroke. At his age. the chances of being demented in one way or another may be fairly high. I'd get him a cat scan, let the psychiatrists and the vascular surgeons look this man over before passing judgement, particularly if there is no past history of similar offensive acts. He might also be suffering from an undetected head injury.
unforgiveable

Carol Stream, IL

#45 Apr 16, 2008
people who pray on kids like this should be taken out in back of the court house and SHOT. and i dont care what age the sick prick is
1 dollar and 50 cents for a bullet is all thay should spend on people like that
period
lmao

Michigan City, IN

#46 Apr 16, 2008
He most likly has DEMENTIA and GOOF IDIOTS are taking advantage of an elderly citizen to GET MONEY.Put the SCAMMERS IN THE JOINT.Hope his family sues the IDIOTS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roselle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gus Dahlehs & his Brother Sam on going Criminal... 18 hr Bombom chicago 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) 21 hr JustTheFacts 162
News Naperville, Aurora, others unite to oppose wire... Nov 15 Jake 1
Crime in Carol Stream (May '09) Nov 11 Jerdo77 19
News Patricia Columbo denied parole (Sep '06) Sep '17 king turd 136
News DuPage County cocaine ring smashed with arrest ... (Apr '08) Mar '17 Reginald Fortis 9
News Wheaton deacon charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Nasty Nasty Naper... 2

Roselle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roselle Mortgages