88-Year-Old Church Usher Charged With...

88-Year-Old Church Usher Charged With Sexual Assault

There are 11 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from Apr 16, 2008, titled 88-Year-Old Church Usher Charged With Sexual Assault. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

Bond was set at $500,000 Wednesday for an 88-year-old man accused of using his position as a volunteer at a west suburban church to gain the trust of two boys whom he sexually assaulted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

Steve

Waterloo, IL

#2 Apr 16, 2008
What is it with catholic men in leadership position molesting young boys, is this the characteristics of the gay man in general or just in the catholic church?
Buddy

Evanston, IL

#3 Apr 16, 2008
ertyu
kareniskkk

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 16, 2008
karen wrote:
Hopefully he will kill himself so we don't have to use our tax dollars to hous ehim.
Hopefully you will kill yourself so we don't have to see your ignorance, hatred and racism spread any longer.

Quick someone call the police, Karen's scared! haha
HMD

Irving, TX

#6 Apr 16, 2008
Hopefully they will put him in general population. He won't last long!
Team lucky

Schaumburg, IL

#7 Apr 16, 2008
Parents this an outrage, please protect your children and arm them with information to defend themselves from these evil people. 25% of our children will be assulted , we need to stop this NOW !!!!!!!
Team lucky

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Apr 16, 2008
karen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah - it doesn't exist with the jews, mormons, etc? it is just kept more hush hush with them!
Any volunteer organization is at risk , they gain the trust of people because we think they are nice people, but they are using the organization to hide them.All we can do is to arm our children, this could happen any where to any organization. The church did nothing wrong , he gained his trust through the church. People use all kinds of good organizations to gain trust of people, then they violate it .
Informed

Tinley Park, IL

#9 Apr 16, 2008
HMD wrote:
Hopefully they will put him in general population. He won't last long!
Because of liberal judges and politicians - he will NEVER see General Population. But will be securely locked up in Protective Custody and cuddled throughout the process.

Given more amenities than the average hard working, law-abiding citizen.
anonymous

Van Nuys, CA

#10 Apr 17, 2008
I have known Chester for years. He's been an usher at my Church for more than 50 years and he has always been the nicest guy. I really don't believe for a second that he's guilty for his charges. In the last few years he's been in the hospital for various injuries. (After all, he's 88 years old.) He can hardly walk anymore. Honestly, a 5 year old can beat this guy off. He is physically incapable of molesting a kid.
concerned

Walnut, CA

#11 Dec 2, 2008
You should find out the truth!! Before you feel sorry for a molester. People like you make me sick. What about those kids, if he did molest them?
anonymous wrote:
I have known Chester for years. He's been an usher at my Church for more than 50 years and he has always been the nicest guy. I really don't believe for a second that he's guilty for his charges. In the last few years he's been in the hospital for various injuries.(After all, he's 88 years old.) He can hardly walk anymore. Honestly, a 5 year old can beat this guy off. He is physically incapable of molesting a kid.
asdfghjkl

Carol Stream, IL

#12 Dec 5, 2008
if he did molest those kids, then you know he was probably molested too when he was younger. so what about him? shouldn't you feel sorry for him? and the person before him, and the person before him, and so on. you shouldn't condemn them. they just need therapy, both the old man and the kids.
concerned wrote:
You should find out the truth!! Before you feel sorry for a molester. People like you make me sick. What about those kids, if he did molest them?<quoted text>
Sean

UK

#13 Jun 11, 2009
Steve wrote:
What is it with catholic men in leadership position molesting young boys, is this the characteristics of the gay man in general or just in the catholic church?
That's an ignorant question.
Do you ask the same question when a man molests a girl. These are paedophiles, not gay men ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roselle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Comcast in Elmhurst Hiring 200 Employees for Ne... Jul 30 Joe 1
News Shoe Thief Arrested from Hospital for Car Burgl... Jul 30 Joe 1
News Gangs here but shouldn't be tolerated (Mar '10) Jul 30 trust_noneeee 10
Hanover Park Gangs Jul 30 trust_noneeee 1
protein Jul 28 Oscar Chavez 1
News Nine Teenagers Charged with Alcohol Possession Jul 27 Joe 1
News Body found dead in Berwyn alley - Berwyn, IL - ... (May '08) Jul 26 BlackinBerwyn 102
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roselle Mortgages