BREAKING NEWS: Three Found Dead In Suburban Home

Full story: NBC 5 Chicago 21
Police are investigating what may be a triple-homicide in suburban Roselle Wednesday afternoon. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lou

Lombard, IL

#1 May 28, 2008
It is Nerge road and Woodfield Trail
Just My Opinion

West Chicago, IL

#2 May 28, 2008
my prayers to the family and friends of the victims.
andrew

Hoffman Estates, IL

#3 May 28, 2008
it is woodfield trail not woodland trail. this was the house i grew up in, we moved out of it in 2001.
Correction

West Chicago, IL

#4 May 28, 2008
Too bad the family that was slain lived in that home for 14 years...
kelly wargo

Elk Grove Village, IL

#5 May 28, 2008
oh my gosh ! i love joe ! he was the best 1st graders ever !when one day he hit his head and was crying i almost cried too . so now im crying so hard . i dont really know how he got killed but some say his mom was drugatic and possibaly could have been killed for reasons like that which made the killer kill everyone in the house . others said his mom could have killed everyone and herself
STEVE

Anchorage, AK

#6 May 28, 2008
sad.
Kareem

Carol Stream, IL

#7 May 28, 2008
Wow. I live 2 streets down. My prayers go to them
Texas Longhorn

Shorewood, IL

#8 May 28, 2008
Guns. They make crimes like this so much easier. Everyone should have them. Yep, that's the answer! Thanks again, NRA!
jamie

Elk Grove Village, IL

#9 May 28, 2008
joe you were amazing!! i will miss you!
Bobby

Aurora, IL

#10 May 28, 2008
I don't pretend to know what happened. Nor am I stupid enough to insinuate that Becky was a drug addict. I was close to becky. We were, however, both admitted food addicts.

I have never witnessed a more thoughtful, loving, genuinely likable mother than Becky Fontana. Joe was a precious boy living the "life of Riley". Mike adored his son and loved his wife.

Steve

Waterloo, IL

#11 May 28, 2008
Nothing seems to fit, there are pieces of the puzzle missing. We are not being told the whole story or they don't know the whole story. RIP.
Steve

Waterloo, IL

#12 May 28, 2008
Texas Longhorn wrote:
Guns. They make crimes like this so much easier. Everyone should have them. Yep, that's the answer! Thanks again, NRA!
What the he** did the NRA have to do with this, it could have been a ball bat he beat their brains out with an they could have suffered for hours, people kill not guns, knifes, ball bats etc.
KEEP IT REAL

Worth, IL

#14 May 29, 2008
someone had to know them...it wasnt a random act of violence someone pissed off somebody
josie

Los Angeles, CA

#15 May 29, 2008
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>What the he** did the NRA have to do with this, it could have been a ball bat he beat their brains out with an they could have suffered for hours, people kill not guns, knifes, ball bats etc.
Agree

The wife's brother stated on a different forum that the husband was a Vietnam vet, and had owned guns for many many years.

In a case like this, gun reform is not going to make a bit of difference.

Think Marilyn LeMak... she didn't need a gun and she still wiped out all three of her kids in a short time. If someone wants to destroy their family, they do not need a gun to do it.

The other story I read stated that the wife and son both had multiple gunshots while the husband had only one, and the gun was found near the husband. This points the investigators to feel that the husband shot the wife and son, then himself. It makes you wonder what in the world could the motive have been? How tragic that this boy wasn't given the chance to live his life. It was also mentioned that the neighbors rarely saw the wife, and that the wife was having some medical procedure... perhaps she was very ill or terminal, and the husband couldn't bear the thought of going on without her?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the remaining families. I am sure they are heartbroken and I hope they find peace and closure.
Mark

Villa Park, IL

#16 May 29, 2008
When will the media stop trying to get pictures of body bags with helicopters hovering overhead? You'd think Brad Pitt was in that house! The media has so desensitized society with their coverage of these seemingly everyday occurences. Where is the outrage? We simply shrug our shoulders now and offer prayers. By the way, I have a feeling that this crime would have been committed with or without a gun. The little boy was beautiful, and had a wonderful life ahead of him. What a selfish and senseless act of violence against an innocent child.
wrong

United States

#17 May 29, 2008
Texas Longhorn wrote:
i am sorry to hear about this story it touches home, but your wrong for saying some comment like that its not the gun that causes the problem first its the person that pulls the trigger not the NRA FAULT RIGHT TO BARE ARMS should only go for people that are going to follow the law.. To the family i am sorry for your lose and have you all in heart
Andrew friend

West Chicago, IL

#18 May 29, 2008
andrew wrote:
it is woodfield trail not woodland trail. this was the house i grew up in, we moved out of it in 2001.
has it been that long since you moved. I'm still in shock. I liive 2 streets down and grew up with you also. Can't believe it's the same house we used to hang out in.
josie

Los Angeles, CA

#19 May 29, 2008
andrew wrote:
Why does the article say that the family lived in the house for 14 years?
RANDY

Elk Grove Village, IL

#21 May 30, 2008
JoJo BEANS YOUR THE WHACK JOB HERE FOR GODS SAKE GET A LIFE BUDDY!
Powell

United States

#22 Jun 1, 2008
JoJo Beans wrote:
Because some people lie to convince themselves and others that they're distraught for some purpose, attention or sympathy, as if it were their own family. Just like the idiots who come on here and say "I live 5 minutes from where this happened, I'm so upset." Like there's some significance to them and the other 12,000 people that live within a 5 minute radius.
The fact that this poster would be upset because he used to live in that house is f**king sickening! Go ask mommy for a hug, wack job!
----------
<quoted text>
JoJo Beans, have you misplaced your meds ... again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roselle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Carol Stream, IL (Feb '11) Feb 24 TamikaArmstrong 13
Man Found Dead At Cicero Peep Show (Aug '07) Feb 23 rico 13
Do you approve of Fred Crespo as State Represen... Feb 21 elaine stenzel 1
Do you approve of Bill McLeod as Mayor? Feb 21 elaine stenzel 1
Play with my ass please Nov '14 andrew 1
Roselle Locksmith Nov '14 victorjnewby 1
Review: Grabari Studios Inc (Aug '08) Aug '14 Marve the Video man 35
Roselle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Roselle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:25 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:25PM
Brandon Bostick befriends someone who understands his mistake
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
GB Must Address ILB, but Not Necessarily in 1st Round
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report12:42 PM
Packers Could Target Maualuga or Draft LB to Replace Hawk
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?