Uncle charged in crash death

Seconds after he drove his SUV into a Far Northwest Side house, Richard Gorney sat dazed behind the wheel as an off-duty Chicago police sergeant tried to resuscitate Gorney's great-nephew. Sgt. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leanne Brodinski

Saugerties, NY

#23 Nov 11, 2008
rlk wrote:
<quoted text>
you feel 'sorry' for this man?? he drinks heavily in the middle of the day and apparently has open liquor in his car and then tends to children??? you need to get on your knees and thank God it wasn't Your child needlessly dead. excusing horrible behavior is why we, as a people,are rotting from the inside out. no morals, no respect for ourselves or others, no discipline of any kind. sad.
You got that Right!
Cyclone

United States

#24 Nov 11, 2008
Christine wrote:
I feel sorry for the old guy. I'm sick of the holier-than-thou responses on here. Everyone wants to cast the first stone around here. It's an old man taking the kids to Chucky Cheese for chrissakes. He thought he'd have a few nips in the car and he went too far. Huge, negligent mistake. Those of you throwing rocks at him have done far worse or you wouldn't be so compelled to be offensive. Either that or your tiny world is nothing but blogs and internet rants to the point of not relating to the human race.
Stinky bait. Yep, the old man is the victim here. We should feel sorry for him.
limomom

Elmwood Park, IL

#25 Nov 11, 2008
Jack wrote:
What a shame. But why is this Chicago Police Sgt. living in Skokie? I thought you had to live in the city if you work for the city.
you are a dumb-ass. do you even know how to read. first off your comment had nothing to do with the article. for your information, the chuck e cheese is in skokie, the officer is a chicago police officer who lives where the accident happened. in chicago. get your facts straight before you comment
axa

Elmwood Park, IL

#26 Nov 11, 2008
You are all right in saying this is a horrible tragedy. He should never have been drinking knowing that he had those children with him. A child lost his life because of his lapse in judgement. But I also know this man personally, and he is not a drinker. This isn't something that has been going on for any length of time. He is a kind and gentle man who truly is a good husband and father. He and his family are devastated. He made a horrible mistake, one that he will live with the rest of his life. Many of you out there will say he deserves that, that he deserves to die, preferably by his own hand. That is not for you to decide. He will go through our court system and be punished accordingly. Please do not misunderstand, he deserves any punishment he may get, and there is no excuse for drinking and driving any time but especially with children in the car. My heart goes out to his family, to this sweet little boy who lost his life, and to his son, who was so brave, who despite being hurt himself, tried to help his cousin. He is truly a hero. So yes we have all been quick to judge, but now think about the family and what they are going through and leave our judicial system to delegate the appropriate punishment.
Outraged

Franklin, MA

#28 Nov 12, 2008
This was not a "mistake" it was a CRIME. He murdered his nephew just as sure as if he took a gun and shot him. And as an "ex-cop" he should know the law and know you don't sit inthe parking lot drinking while children are alone at chuckie cheese....that alone is negligence.
axa

Elmwood Park, IL

#29 Nov 12, 2008
Outraged wrote:
This was not a "mistake" it was a CRIME. He murdered his nephew just as sure as if he took a gun and shot him. And as an "ex-cop" he should know the law and know you don't sit inthe parking lot drinking while children are alone at chuckie cheese....that alone is negligence.
You are 100% right, this was a crime. And as an ex-cop, you are also right in saying he should know the law, and like I said earlier he should be punished the full extent of the law. But let me clarify one thing. The children were not in the restaurant by themselves while he sat in the car. They were at a b-day party with other adults supervising.
Outraged

Franklin, MA

#30 Nov 12, 2008
But he was still out drinking in the car while he waited to drive them home right? So he was negligent in drinking knowing he was going to not only be driving but transporting his son and nephew.
Nancy Mortonthal

Machesney Park, IL

#31 Nov 13, 2008
Richard Gorney is a very selfish human being.
mad 1

Plainfield, IL

#32 Mar 16, 2009
There was no b day party He left them there by them selfs a 8 and 12 year old. NO PIZZA OR DRINKS FOR THE KIDS HE JUST LEFT THEME THERE AND DROVE TO STORE FOR A PINT OF VODKA AND CUP OF ICE SAT IN PARKING LOT DRINKING FOR 2 HOURS THEY HAVE HIM ON VIDEO THEN GOT THE KIDS AND DROVE OFF MAD EST.50 TO 60 MPH. WITH NO SEAT BELTS ON THE KIDS AND WINDOWS OPEN ON A 30% DAY WHY DO YOU THINK HE HAD THE WINDOWS OPEN BUT HIS SEAT BELT WAS ON AND TRYS TO LEAVE AND DRIVE AWAY AND RUN OVER EVERONE TRYING TO SAFE THE LITTLE BOY IN MY MIND THIS WAS MURDER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roselle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials: Mariano's looking to build in Des Pl... (Jul '14) Mon Gus 6
Tl's fourseasons no longer up to par Mar 28 byebye 1
Locksmith Elmhurst Mar 24 helenjgagne 1
News Clothing company sues Sears, says it wasn't pai... Mar 21 Boomers beware 3
News Gas prices expected to spike over the next week... Mar 20 nogasbuddy 1
Garage Door Repair Arlington Heights Mar 18 MaryGFrey 1
Play with my ass please Nov '14 andrew 1
Roselle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web