First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nancy

Roseburg, OR

#1 Oct 29, 2011
just a short note in agreement with roseburg sucks.I have never seen such an demeaning attitude towards women here,the men are rude and inconsiderate,simple jesture of opening a door is non existent,ita a fact,ive seen it first hand, they cant wait to cut off a women at the door,parking lot,store,anywhere.they seem entertained by it somehow,I cant agree with the man thats posting that they are rednecks and hilbilies but Ive never seen such a lack of maners anywhere,
bill wallacecamp host

Redding, CA

#2 Nov 23, 2011
By the way im nancy and carl to and read my post at occupy roseburg made a booboo
ketchup

Eugene, OR

#3 Jan 13, 2013
so much white trash here... so many run down dumpy stores/shops... mullets are still fashionable too...
JoeBlow

Roseburg, OR

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Low Class, White Trash! No Culture, No Good Dining Out, No Good Music, Slow Drivers, Too many old people, Low Wages, Lots of Fat Sloppy people, Redneck Mentality, Depressing place to be! And the list goes on.......
badgerred99

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2013
This place just suck all together.
Heater

Ballwin, MO

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Sounds like my kind of place. How are property prices in the area?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7 Jun 7, 2013
I thought the same thing when I lived in Oregon about 30 minutes from Roseburg...and then I moved here to Texas. I will tell you this. I miss it there and would go back in a heart beat if I could. I miss the clean water, how green it was, the friendly people, customer service was top notch in the Burg compared to this mess. And even the humidity...
Mr Munchie

Roseburg, OR

#8 Sep 19, 2013
This town has the worst downtown I have ever seen. It is like a mini hells kitchen. Lots of human predators who are on drugs and alcohol. The whole down town is infested with them. No wonder people don't go down town. If you are addicted to some thing please move to Roseburg Oregon. The city council loves you. When the good people of Roseburg complain to the police or the city they get treated like they are the problem. So why live here. Pathetic. I have just moved here from Eugene. I thought Eugene was bad. This is like moving into a ghetto with gangs of thugs and murderers. And whats up with the police or sheriff's department? You call about a crime in progress and they act like the police have better things to do.
Zoner 1-9er

Roseburg, OR

#9 Sep 23, 2013
What is visible (crime and such) is only an indication of the real problem in the Roseburg area. Its hard to figure out what makes the local culture "tick". But many of the people who seem to be "normal" are just as creepy as the ones who seem screwed up. Drugs and prostitution are the norm, but the town manages to hide it (somewhat) from outsiders.
(you may notice that there are virtually no arrests relating to prostitution- it's sometimes re-labeled as disorderly conduct or trespassing)
Also, buddy groups sometimes function as real gang related organizations in the Burg. So, if you come across as a trouble maker- making police reports and such- you should be prepared to get marked for some sort of retaliation.
Diablo

Roseburg, OR

#10 Oct 1, 2013
There is a guy by the name of Diablo who lives in Roseburg. He has brags about being evil and causes major problems in the community. He sells drugs and assaults people then steals their belongings. Yet this man is still walking the streets. You tell the police and they act like your bothering them. Please stay away from the downtown area and the bike paths or river crossings (bridges) I have been told he hangs out there allot.
Burg2burg

Roseburg, OR

#11 Oct 5, 2013
People who have grown up here know that either you conform, or you wont be accepted at all.(which is really a good thing) The crime and drugs and all the other vices are here and it's very common. Most folks have a legit side to them and nobody is supposed to wonder what else they are into. But if you start observing, you will see the social connections and the rest is basic arithmetic.

An earlier post compared Roseburg to Hells Kitchen.
I'd say that's about right.
(Actually, I thought that might be a good name for a diner downtown!)

Other comparisons I have heard are:
the song "Harper Valley PTA"
the song "Hotel California"
"Rosemary's Baby"
"The Dome"

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but from where I sit, Roseburg is a sad place in need of serious repair. Not just a make over so it looks better at a glance.
Beckman

Roseburg, OR

#12 Dec 10, 2013
I stayed in Roseburg for 6 months. Never saw or dealt with such a large population of service industry people who act like they hate life and people in general. I drive an expensive sports car and got insulted at Les Schwab as I was spending money for new tires. And when the manager was told he said NOTHING as if he didn't hear a thing. Went to Fred Meyers and bought a new iPad for 600. Asked for a roll of quarters and the guy didn't want to give them too me. He acted like I was a criminal. He looked me up and down pausing saying ummmmm. I went to the ER at Mercy I got sick and they treated me with IV and sent me to my home (hotel room). I had two major insurance policies. One government and the other civilian. I found out later I had stage 2 kidney disease. I had to drive up to Eugene Sacred Heart. That's how I found out. A sheriff deputy once paced me in the passing lane i was in the slow lane for 5 miles. He stayed in my blind spot. Just because I drove a nice car he must have been looking for a reason to pull me over. They treat Veterans like criminals. I have heard nothing but bad thing s from the vets about Roseburg. I have money. I thought I would look into investing and developing property in Roseburg. I couldn't wait to leave. Thank God I did. Eugene is where I will spend my money. The most paraoid and backwards minded city I have ever been in. Even Mississippi was more welcoming. Sick minded place. If I could I would buy the whole downtown and level it. Make it into a huge parking lot at 100 dollars a space an hour. Tear every building down.
Burg2burg

Roseburg, OR

#13 Dec 12, 2013
Beckman wrote:
.....(edited)... I went to the ER at Mercy I got sick and they treated me with IV and sent me to my home (hotel room). I had two major insurance policies. One government and the other civilian. I found out later I had stage 2 kidney disease..........
... I have money. I thought I would look into investing and developing property in Roseburg. I couldn't wait to leave. Thank God I did......... The most paranoid and backwards minded city I have ever been in..........
Did you have any kidney problems before you came to Roseburg??
Did you eat anything unsealed while in Roseburg??
If a Roseburger poisoned you, the other Roseburgers will(very likely) try to cover it up. Being a outsider, you dont know the ways of the Burg. Paranoid and backwards. Yes. Also very criminal here.
vkj58

Roseburg, OR

#14 Dec 28, 2013
Yes, Do Not go to Mercy Hospital! They are total idiots! I broke my ankle a few years ago, and was forced to go to the emergency room at Mercy. A nurse practitioner read my x-rays, and she told me my ankle was not broken. I told her I knew I had broken it, as I couldn't walk on it, and I heard it break. I had to be carried to my daughter's car by her fiance, as I could not put any weight on it at all! I was in horrific pain, and they sent me home, and told me to take Tylenol for the pain. The next morning I received a call from Mercy, and I was told a doctor had read the x-rays, and YES, it was broken! Avoid Mercy like the plague! If I ever have to go to the ER again, I've told my children to take me to Eugene, OR. Also, yes, the Roseburg, OR police suck! Always out for their quota for the month! I do like the town of roseburg though. I graduated and grew up here. I've lived and worked in both Salem & Portland, and I prefer Roseburg. Eugene is a different story! I've always wanted to move to Eugene. Lots to do in Eugene, OR, but jobs are scarce I've heard?! I'm retired, and my children and grandchildren all live in Roseburg, OR. I will continue to live here, but have no plans to ever return to Mercy Hospital, and always watch out for the Roseburg, OR. pathetic, many over weight cops! They are total pigs, in my opinion!
Burg2burg

Roseburg, OR

#15 Jan 6, 2014
RE...
.........Do Not go to Mercy Hospital! They are total idiots!.......

&
........Also, yes, the Roseburg, OR police suck!...

Mercy sometimes reminds me of a old Soviet style facility you might read about in a book. Honesty, communication and ethics are questionable by my observation. Its also a pretty large and cumbersome network without much flexibility. If a patient asks questions, they shouldn't expect any meaningful answers. However, despite that they sometimes do a reasonable job.

Ive never had any problems with police, but several times I have sensed the questionable local politics here
(and heard from a retired officer).
My concern is that local politics and social networks may trump objective law enforcement for all citizens. Affluence equals status. And, I believe perception (not possession) is 9/10 of the law..... especially when evaluating those with social or political influence.
D-man

Eugene, OR

#16 Jan 12, 2014
loserdust wrote:
I thought the same thing when I lived in Oregon about 30 minutes from Roseburg...and then I moved here to Texas. I will tell you this. I miss it there and would go back in a heart beat if I could. I miss the clean water, how green it was, the friendly people, customer service was top notch in the Burg compared to this mess. And even the humidity...
HUMIDITY?! I think Texas is a little more humid (unless you're in El Paso.) Houston is the most humid city I've ever been to. Sure, Oregon gets 25-40% summer humidity, but that's nothing compared to the Gulf!
D-man

Eugene, OR

#17 Jan 12, 2014
I miss the old Douglas Hospital. They saved people's lives who mercy refused to treat. Mercy people are idiots (but that fits beautifully in that shit hole town!) SO glad to be gone, I HATE Roseburg.
Burg2burg wrote:
RE...
.........Do Not go to Mercy Hospital! They are total idiots!.......
&
........Also, yes, the Roseburg, OR police suck!...
Mercy sometimes reminds me of a old Soviet style facility you might read about in a book. Honesty, communication and ethics are questionable by my observation. Its also a pretty large and cumbersome network without much flexibility. If a patient asks questions, they shouldn't expect any meaningful answers. However, despite that they sometimes do a reasonable job.
Ive never had any problems with police, but several times I have sensed the questionable local politics here
(and heard from a retired officer).
My concern is that local politics and social networks may trump objective law enforcement for all citizens. Affluence equals status. And, I believe perception (not possession) is 9/10 of the law..... especially when evaluating those with social or political influence.
D-man

Eugene, OR

#18 Jan 12, 2014
I had the horrible misfortune of being forced to move here as a kid from out of state. I came from a posh town out of state, so it was a total 180 to go to a poor town like this. Back then (around 1990), it wasn't great - but it wasn't so bad when the mills were still running this town's economy. What do you expect to happen to a to a town when all its good employers are taken away? Young people used to be able to stick around and raise families by working in the mills; now only the losers stick around as there are no promising careers. OF COURSE a town is going to turn to S^ if there's no place for people to work. I witnessed the downfall of this town after the mills closed. No, it was never a hopping town, but it certainly wasn't even close to as disgusting as it has become. Thanks environmentalists for all the lawsuits to close the mills and take away the jobs. Results = timber capitol of the world becomes the drug capitol of the world!
fastkarma

Sutherlin, OR

#19 Jan 14, 2014
I'm sick of see a needle every time I got to the river or walk around winston . Use it and get rid if it right way . That doesn't mean toss it out the window they do burn or at least snap point off . Bight caps seen be little ones playing and in sand . Well u see my point right
Roseburg Oregon

Roseburg, OR

#20 Feb 6, 2014
fastkarma wrote:
I'm sick of see a needle every time I got to the river or walk around winston . Use it and get rid if it right way . That doesn't mean toss it out the window they do burn or at least snap point off . Bight caps seen be little ones playing and in sand . Well u see my point right
This stuff is pretty bad in Roseburg as well. I have seen small piles of syringes at the parking structure and some on the south end of Roseburg heading out of town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roseburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
woman who let their thong show (Oct '13) Thu Nobody 3
Review: Hansen's Auto Center LLC Sep 13 Cstemm 1
Review: Optimum Physical Therapy Sep 12 Mommabear 1
Congress has created Postal Service crisis: Gue... Sep 6 ICTDCO 2
Former Rays Market Sutherlin Or Aug 26 James 6
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 23 We Hate Coos Bay ... 204
Medical Profession in Douglas County (Jan '13) Aug '14 CCC 10
•••
•••
Roseburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Roseburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Roseburg People Search