Police converge on Roseburg motel

Full story: The News-Review
Roseburg police and Douglas County sheriff's deputies converged on the Casa Loma Motel, 1107 N.E. Stephens St., at about 2:30 p.m. to a report of shots fired. Full Story
Nathan Simmons

Roseburg, OR

#1 Dec 17, 2012
I find it interesting that it takes police officers from Roseburg "and surrounding towns, the sheriff and God knows who all else" to talk one crazy guy out of a Motel room but it takes only one hwy patrolman to pull over one car with one or two guys carrying drugs from california to washington worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's kinda like "Overkill" and reminds me of the movie "predator 2" where you have everycop in town and other towns as well with pistols and long guns out, cordoning off stewart parkway as if this guy was at the top of the FBI's 10 most wanted list. How many was it against One looney?..not to be really critical but satirical for sure, it sems more like Andy Taylor and 99 Barney Fifes. To be sure there are crazy people in motels and trailer parks all over town (s) and there always will be but it sems to me that if you guys wanna do something progressive?.....all on your own? put a couple of cops at each school door just as a proactive reaction to what just happened at the school out east and the other 76 schools in America over the past few years.......I am impressed however you guys talked the guy out of the motel, great work, now take him and have him exorcised,get him a social worker and put him in front of a judge, then go build him a jail cell or release some other dumb junky so your new guy will have a place to lay down. He's probably a speed freak anyway and he;ll need a place to detox for a long, long time.
Nathan Simmons

Roseburg, OR

#2 Dec 18, 2012
OR ANOTHER THOUGHT WOULD BE, YOU COULDA LET ALL YOUR GUYS GO HOME AND LEAVE FOUR OFFICERS AT 4 POINTS TIL HE PASSED OUT OF LEFT THE BUILDING WHEN YOU COULDA POUNCED ON HIM LIKE THAT GUY "DOG" ON 'DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER", YOU'D FREE UP YOUR FORCES AND NOT MAKE HIM FEEL SO IMPORTANT OR SO MUCH A CELEBRITY,....HE'S THINKING i'M FAMOUS NOW" OR "LOOK AT ME MAW, I'M ON TOP OF ROSEBURG" WHICH MIGHT GIVE YOU SOME INSIGHT INTO HIS PERSONALITY.
GRANDIOSE THINKING, RISK TAKING,PAANOID DELUSIONS,ETC, ETC. DEFINING A DRUG ADDICT AND OR AN ALCOHOLIC OR BOTH. yOU GIVE THE GUY EBOUGH ROPE? HE'LL LEAVE ENOUGH BEHIND HIMSELF THAT HE;LL TRIP OVER SOME OF IT AND HANG HIMSELF LAYING IN HIS SIDE.!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roseburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Rays Market Sutherlin Or (Jun '14) Nov 30 Eric 7
Oregon festival's giant nutcracker: 41 feet Nov '14 DILF 4
roseburg sucks (Oct '11) Nov '14 david 32
Cat breeder arrested, accused of animal abuse (Dec '12) Oct '14 cfacatteryreviews 6
woman who let their thong show (Oct '13) Oct '14 judge not 4
Relocating Oct '14 betsyboo 1
Man Who Let Their Bong Show Oct '14 No Way 1
Roseburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Roseburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Roseburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Roseburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]