McMahan's Furniture calls it...

Oct 6, 2008 Full story: The News-Review 15

McMahan's Furniture & Appliances in Roseburg is closing, but it's unclear when its doors will close for good.

Full Story
Ruby

Portland, OR

#1 Oct 9, 2008
Bummer. The McMahon's store in Astoria closed 2 years ago. They said it was because their main warehouse was in Los Angeles and it was too costly to ship the furniture here. Another victim of the rising cost of gas.
jane

Klamath Falls, OR

#2 Oct 11, 2008
I am sorry to see another business close in klamath falls. I have purchased multiple items of furniture from McMahans' in the years past and have always been happy with them. It is truly too bad that we are losing another business and I don't know how many jobs. We need to try to keep the jobs we have and bring more into the basin.
Joe

Coos Bay, OR

#3 Oct 15, 2008
Good!!!! there furniture is poorly constucted in my opinion.
Happy Customer

Hurleyville, NY

#4 Oct 16, 2008
McMahan's should have closed along time ago. They don't return calls, don't take care of the fall apart furniture when under warranty, But they sure want their money. Well guess what there not getting mine. They have still not followed thru with what they agreed on so we told them until they follow thru on their part they won't see a dime. Then we find out 2 months later they are closing. I would say with poor management, customer service, product, they deserve it.
What comes around goes around.
real smart

United States

#6 Dec 15, 2008
to the poster who said they won't give mcmahans a dime, don't be a moron and ruin your credit over it, well if you shopped at mcmhans you probably already have terrible credit.
jae

United States

#7 Dec 17, 2008
We are also sorry Mcmahan's closed the doors here in klamath. They will greatly missed. they was good to us...

Since: Dec 08

Klamath Falls, OR

#8 Dec 18, 2008
Joe wrote:
Speaking of poorly constructed ... Will you please check your spelling and grammar before submitting as you do you appear ignorant and uneducated! Thank you! Not meant in the pejorative sense, you understand! Simply a lack of exposure or education! Despite their furniture being poorly constructed, the business was good for Klamath Falls.

Since: Dec 08

Klamath Falls, OR

#9 Dec 18, 2008
jane wrote:
I am sorry to see another business close in klamath falls. I have purchased multiple items of furniture from McMahans' in the years past and have always been happy with them. It is truly too bad that we are losing another business and I don't know how many jobs. We need to try to keep the jobs we have and bring more into the basin.
I have purchased furniture from Lucas and Howard and have been quite pleased. Despite all that, I do agree we need to try and keep jobs in the basin. I suppose businesses need to be savvy and economical, as well. So long, McMahon's.:( You will be missed.
Oregon is Worthless

Happy Valley, OR

#10 Dec 24, 2008
Ruby wrote:
Bummer. The McMahon's store in Astoria closed 2 years ago. They said it was because their main warehouse was in Los Angeles and it was too costly to ship the furniture here. Another victim of the rising cost of gas.
What rising cost of gas.

Pay attention Oregonians to something other than your hairy navel.
knurly

Chehalis, WA

#11 Dec 25, 2008
I hope not to ever need any new furniture ever again. The only store in town will have a crew of jailbirds deliver the stuff.
Damnbit, we all deserve to die.
Lisa

Klamath Falls, OR

#12 Jun 28, 2011
I had a account with McMahhons. I had alot of billing issues because they could not get my billing address correct in their computer so I went automatic billing thru my bank account. They ouldn't even get that right, so I paid the account off in cah right before they closed their doors at the Roseburg store. Case closed! Imagine my surpirise, when the payment started coming out of my accoun 3 years later.....When I contacted them they said they had no record of my account, and my husbands account being paid in full and I would have to produce a receipt. I can not find the receipt,it was hand written from a salesperson at the store that is now closed. They are saying that I still owe them $2500!!!! No wondering they have gone out of business. Their poor accounting methods are a reflection on their failed business.
On The Dole

Medford, OR

#13 Jun 30, 2011
Joe wrote:
What do you expect from "crumble-board, over-layed in CHINA?"
If you want 7-ply hardwood, "Made in the USA"...then PAY FOR IT!
Miss Jackson

United States

#14 May 15, 2013
McMahan's is garnishing my wages for funiture that I paid off almost 10 years ago! I will have to sell my car just to get by since my medical bills and student loans take most of my paycheck. Poor accounting methods is an understatement! Shame on you McMahan's for taking money that doesn't belong to you!
educated idiots suck

Atwater, CA

#15 Jul 23, 2013
Why is it that people criticize grammar and punctuation so much on these forums. Oh I remember my psych classes, they do it to make it seem they are smarter than they really are. And to make up for their own shortcomings.
We hate coos bay oregon

Cheyenne, WY

#17 Oct 5, 2013
educated idiots suck wrote:
Why is it that people criticize grammar and punctuation so much on these forums. Oh I remember my psych classes, they do it to make it seem they are smarter than they really are. And to make up for their own shortcomings.
They have no grammar not punctuation they have a 4th grade education, All they know is welfare and sex jokes. The people of coos bay oregon are just useless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roseburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Rays Market Sutherlin Or (Jun '14) Nov 30 Eric 7
Oregon festival's giant nutcracker: 41 feet Nov '14 DILF 4
roseburg sucks (Oct '11) Nov '14 david 32
Cat breeder arrested, accused of animal abuse (Dec '12) Oct '14 cfacatteryreviews 6
woman who let their thong show (Oct '13) Oct '14 judge not 4
Relocating Oct '14 betsyboo 1
Man Who Let Their Bong Show Oct '14 No Way 1
Roseburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Roseburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Roseburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Roseburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]