shooting in jonesville today 03/05/2010

shooting in jonesville today 03/05/2010

Posted in the Rose Hill Forum

lacy

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2010
is this true or is someone making it up?
Karen

Pineville, KY

#2 Mar 5, 2010
I heard it was on the news tonight...
Shocked

Natural Bridge, VA

#3 Mar 5, 2010
Another Shooting in Lee County, VA

By Sara Diamond / WJHL
Published: March 5, 2010

The latest shooting in Lee County, Virginia happened at the intersection of State Routes 640 and 643 near the Long Hollow section of Lee County. Sheriff Gary Parsons says they received a call around 2:30pm Friday. When they arrived on scene, they found 22 year old Steven Rutledge, Jr and his wife, 33 year old Tracie Waynette Rutledge, both of Jonesville in their Dodge pickup.

Steven Rutledge, Jr was shot one time in the lower body and was pronounced dead at the scene. Tracie Rutledge was shot in the head, but still alive. She was airlifted to Holston Valley Medical Center where she is in very serious condition.

Sheriff Parsons says at least five shots from a .44 caliber pistol were fired into the vehicle.

Three men are charged in the shooting. 40 year old Larry Smith of Jonesville is charged with first degree murder. 44 year old Johnny Roberts of Jonesville and 44 year old Timothy James Osborne of Pennington are both charged with aiding and abetting of murder. All three are in the Duffield Regional Jail and will be arraigned Monday morning in Lee County General District Court.

Parsons says evidence indicates all three men were at the scene, with Smith firing the shots.

Investigators are still working on a motive. Stay with 11 Connects to find out more details as they become available.
wondering

Ewing, VA

#4 Mar 6, 2010
why wasnt this on the news!! or was it just on channel 11 ????
john

Hillsboro, WV

#5 Mar 6, 2010
It was on wcyb this morning
Sadly

Natural Bridge, VA

#6 Mar 6, 2010
Sadly

Natural Bridge, VA

#7 Mar 6, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rose Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Older Women Dating Younger Men (Sep '09) 6 hr Hunnybun 121
David Wilder Aug 16 Febreze 2
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul '16 Slick 2
I need a place to rent! ASAP May '16 Looking for a place 1
vote Lakins (Oct '15) Jan '16 Billybob Thornton 11
Board or supervisor election (Jun '15) Nov '15 America 24
mini baja motor bike (Apr '09) Oct '15 dusty 15

Rose Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance