Leaf burning ignites a heated debate

Leaf burning ignites a heated debate

There are 3 comments on the Rockford Register-Star story from Oct 9, 2007, titled Leaf burning ignites a heated debate. In it, Rockford Register-Star reports that:

“But as a gardener, I almost hate to see those leaves get burned up because they're just wonderful materials.”

An annual problem comes as autumn leaves begin to fall in the Rock River Valley: What to do with the leafy piles of red, gold and brown. via Rockford Register-Star

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rockford Register-Star.

marilyn

Lewisville, TX

#1 Oct 13, 2007
compost them.
Renata Hall-Chicago Ill

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2007
what is wrong with people.
Roscoe IL Resident

Janesville, WI

#3 Nov 17, 2007
Composting is great for some.
Buy stickers from Waste Management ($20 for a sheet of 10) to place on each 30-40 gallon container for pickup. Leaf bags from Home Depot or Menard's work, or you can use a large trash can marked with a large "X" to identify it as containing yard refuse.
Burn 'em!
Note to Renata... Couldn't tell you, as I don't know who you mean. I suspect you feel strongly about a lot of topics...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roscoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Love Rockford Mar '17 Holly 9
unique license plate Help Mar '17 Fascism befalls us 3
Donald Trump for President Mar '17 Fascism befalls us 3
News 'Famously Delicious' Beefaroo celebrates 50 years Mar '17 Cookie Queen 1
Panhandlers & Crackheads (Dec '07) Mar '17 Mike 6
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) Feb '17 Fadumo from Canada 1,211
beverly park neighborhood (May '09) Feb '17 Veitchet 11

Roscoe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance