Two Ropesville Volunteer Firefighters...

Two Ropesville Volunteer Firefighters Suspected in String of Arsons

There are 6 comments on the KCBD-TV Lubbock story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Two Ropesville Volunteer Firefighters Suspected in String of Arsons. In it, KCBD-TV Lubbock reports that:

Hockley County authorities arrested 17-year-old Jeremy Solis Sunday night after an abandon home caught fire in Ropesville. via KCBD-TV Lubbock

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBD-TV Lubbock.

a friend

Lubbock, TX

#1 Feb 27, 2008
its sad how they could be sooo careless
ms lady

Paderborn, Germany

#2 Mar 26, 2008
He's 17 years old! Community service should be in order for this since it is his first offense. We have all made mistakes...lets see if he learns.
Wow

Jefferson City, MO

#3 Apr 20, 2008
17 or not, even though it was abandoned does not mean next time he will not do it for the thrill. Evil people start somewhere! He needs to pay in some way that will really teach him, not just a slap on the wrist!
brandon

Atlanta, GA

#4 Oct 13, 2008
It's a black eye for their fire department. It's tough to find volunteers, let alone ones you can trust. Ropesville Vol. Fire Department has been growing and are very hard workers they have helped us out alot. You should appreciate your local fire department and don't let a few jerks change your opinion about them.

“I am what I am”

Since: Sep 08

Levelland

#5 Oct 14, 2008
#1 - Arson is a felony in Texas, so having this guy only perform CSR would be a slap on the wrist.
#2 - It adds an extra sick taste that these guys joined the fire dept. in order to get their nut off fighting (and subsequently starting) fires.
Waking Up Levelland

Dayton, PA

#6 Aug 17, 2009
A firefighter, whether volunteer or full time, is in a position of public trust. Those in positions of public trust are held to a higher standard than ordinary citizens. He is old enough to prosecute as and adult and so it should be.

This is more mute testimony to the corruption in Hockley County. When you have a corrupt law enforcement officer in an elected position,(sheriff), you are going to have contempt for law and order in every aspect of society--you are going to have anarchy, and that is what Hockley County has had for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ropesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Multiple arrests made in connection to shots fi... Oct 2 george 1
McDonalds Install Kiosk Reduces Employees Oct 1 george 3
Poker Sep 30 Chrisp573 1
Coach Kingsbury is still on the Hot Seat Sep 30 Lederer 3
obgyn Sep 28 MamaAdvicePlz 1
Crime infested city Sep 27 WTF 24
Woman Says Cotton decor at H. Lobby is Racist ... Sep 25 KEEPER of your ol... 9

Ropesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance