Female volunteers building new Habita...

Female volunteers building new Habitat house in Akron

There are 5 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jul 15, 2008, titled Female volunteers building new Habitat house in Akron. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

If women are the nurturers of the world, a group of local women take that axiom to the extreme.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

wondering

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2008
I think habitat foundation is a really good program for sure but I am wondering is does habitat place any rules on ownership? can the owners sell if the market goes up? what if they are transfered out of town or just decide to move to a different city, can they sell it and use the equity for another home or does it return to habitat? and if it does does the family get any equity at all?
RLB

San Jose, CA

#3 Jul 16, 2008
"Men want to do it twice as fast and they get it twice as wrong. With women — I'll probably get in trouble with the men I work with for saying this — they usually get it right the first time because they listen," he said.

I love that line. It goes out to my boyfriend who refuses to read the assembly instructions. LOL
Robin Anderson

AOL

#5 Jul 16, 2008
You ladies rock!

Please do yourselves a favor and get to know the most stalwart souls of the female persuasion associated with the likes of Kent State United for Biloxi/the Gulf; especially the wiz-kids from the other blue-and-gold(the U. of A.-ha!) who stood shoulder-to-shoulder with us at Camp Volunteer in Pass Christian.

This old curmudgeon of a carpenter would caddy for any of you.
questions

Canton, OH

#6 Jul 17, 2008
I am confused how a family can sell their home of 16 years rent it and then get a home from habitat at a 0% interest. Where do I get on this list
Robin Anderson

AOL

#7 Jul 18, 2008
questions wrote:
I am confused how a family can sell their home of 16 years rent it and then get a home from habitat at a 0% interest. Where do I get on this list
Um...it's not rocket science "Virginia", don't ya know! Any half-arsed attempt at "community service" as opposed to "self-service" might just allow you to rub elbows with such good folks, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rootstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jul 12 Shemp 152
Grade Attorney Dennis Day Lager Public Defender (Feb '15) Jun 30 vagrant living i... 6
Stripped Screw Jun '16 Shaft 3
rat boy (Nov '08) Apr '16 Bad Boy Club 30
News Request rubs Ravenna Twp. the wrong way Plan fo... (Sep '07) Apr '16 Someone w clarity 55
News Former Akron councilman Bruce Kilby accused of ... (Jan '14) Apr '16 JNemerJr 3
Bed Bugs Mar '16 jarnold2016 1

Rootstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rootstown Mortgages