Akron, 4 other local school districts got recalled beef

Akron Public Schools is among dozens of Ohio school districts, including five locally, which have supplies of recalled beef on their freezer shelves. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymous

AOL

#1 Feb 19, 2008
I'll bet there is some way to blame this on the Akron Schools.
Mary

Akron, OH

#3 Feb 19, 2008
I'm not suprised there's beem so many bad things happening to OHIO! But of course! I hope that none of the children get hurt.
The Real Truth

Akron, OH

#4 Feb 19, 2008
anonymous wrote:
I'll bet there is some way to blame this on the Akron Schools.
I blame Bush. This happened to all those schools in Ohio this makes you go hmmmmmm.
Ciara

Akron, OH

#5 Feb 19, 2008
onewhoknows wrote:
Another shining moment for the good ole APS! They chose the wrong superintendent (Small over Loomis), they continue to be the leaders in underacheivement, more of the same. Problem students/classes, no money(or so they claim), and now buying nutrition for our kids on the cheap. Where have the good days gone? Yeah, I will say it.....anybody remember Conrad Ott? Hell, even Bryan Williams wouldn't have tried to poison our kids. With the landscape of the Akron Public Schools being stagnate since the early 90's when I graduated, someone needs to step up. And, I don't mean some high paid, high caliber big shot from anywhere but Akron. Don't plan on any levy passage any time soon.
You don't no squat! You sound so dumb blaming APS for poisioned beef. How about the Mfg company who sent it Ohio? Idiot! APS wasn't the only school system who received the spoiled meat read the darn article. You continue to show your ignorance by bringing education into this fiasco. Grow up and get a life!

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#7 Feb 19, 2008
I suppose a critic of the public schools could say that what they're putting into the kids' bellies is as bad as what they're putting into their minds.

“Watch out, I might be angry...”

Since: Sep 07

North Ghetto Hill

#9 Feb 19, 2008
what happened to the article? I clicked on the link to read it and it said 'error' that that story could not be found....don't tell me they pulled it before parents got wind of it!
Cloverine Fleetwood

Loudonville, OH

#12 Feb 19, 2008
onewhoknows wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame APS for poisoned meat. I blame them for being lax on their independent research of the company from which they are purchasing (using our tax dollars) meat for APS students.
Thank you for providing a chuckle. You want the Akron Public Schools to have on payroll (using tax dollars) an person to reinspect food that has already been certified as acceptable by the FDA. What would you propose next - a food inspector to inspect the food inspector who inspects the food inspectors? I like your tongue-in-cheek style of expression.
elkay

Akron, OH

#13 Feb 19, 2008
Do any of you understand that this meat was approved by USDA? Why would APS or any of the other districts doubt the source if it was supposedly approved by YOUR U.S. Government officials? This company was approved to sell to school districts across the nation. There have been no illnesses directly attributed to this meat, thank goodness. Stop whining about APS purchasing practices and ask the "sacred cow" USDA why they did not catch this mess. Apparently, it was obvious to anyone who did a real inspection.
WINEO

Shreveport, LA

#14 Feb 19, 2008
CAN ANYONE SAY LAWSUIT? I CAN SEE IT NOW, ANY FREELOADER THAT HAS OR HAD AN UPSET STOMACH IN THE PAST 2 YEARS WILL BE IN LINE TO GET WHAT THEY CAN!!!
jenkins

Eastlake, OH

#15 Feb 19, 2008
This is why packing lunches is the route I go. The school menus are mostly crap anyways.
Monday- Chicken Nuggets
Tuesday- Pizza
Wednesday-Hamburgers
Thursday- Hot Dogs
Friday-Tacos
Cheap, processed, fatty, unhealthy, artery clogging CRAP!
Ciara

Akron, OH

#18 Feb 19, 2008
onewhoknows wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame APS for poisoned meat. I blame them for being lax on their independent research of the company from which they are purchasing (using our tax dollars) meat for APS students. I do however blame APS for people like you. If you would take the time to read my post, then you would see that your reply has no merit. The level of what is acceptable in the Akron Schools has steadily gone downhill and now it includes where we buy beef for students. You are the tragic example Ciara. Unless you have some insight to why APS chose to buy from this company or why the Akron Schools continue to underperform as a whole, then don't reply to me. I don't have time for urban ignorance
No Mr./Mrs. No It All! You think that you have some insight about meat purchasing. Once again, APS isn't the only school who purchase meat from this company. So is their Superintendant to blame also? You sound dumb as I stated before. Re-read the article again pleassse because it specifically says that the Canton, Rootstown and Tallmadge School Systems also purchase their beef from this company. So stop bashing APS for nothing they have control over and wise up. By the way, NO NAME, you're the real tragic example because you're using a fake name. HA!HA!HA! And you don't have to reply to me either.
Nick

Stow, OH

#19 Feb 19, 2008
onewhoknows wrote:
Another shining moment for the good ole APS! They chose the wrong superintendent (Small over Loomis), they continue to be the leaders in underacheivement, more of the same. Problem students/classes, no money(or so they claim), and now buying nutrition for our kids on the cheap. Where have the good days gone? Yeah, I will say it.....anybody remember Conrad Ott? Hell, even Bryan Williams wouldn't have tried to poison our kids. With the landscape of the Akron Public Schools being stagnate since the early 90's when I graduated, someone needs to step up. And, I don't mean some high paid, high caliber big shot from anywhere but Akron. Don't plan on any levy passage any time soon.
What? How in the world is the superintendent responsible?
Kathleen

Millersburg, OH

#20 Feb 19, 2008
I saw on the news this morning how the animals were handled. They couldn't walk! A fork lift was being used to move the animals! Anyway, the way the animals were stressed out, the meat should be tough! I don't know if I wanna eat red meat anymore! And, we won't even talk about the added hormones!
John

Akron, OH

#21 Feb 19, 2008
Ciara wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't no squat! You sound so dumb blaming APS for poisioned beef. How about the Mfg company who sent it Ohio? Idiot! APS wasn't the only school system who received the spoiled meat read the darn article. You continue to show your ignorance by bringing education into this fiasco. Grow up and get a life!
I have to agree with you that this does not have anything to do about education. The manufacturing companies sold spoiled meat to consumers in Ohio. This is a serious situation and I'm afraid that there's more bad meat out there that they haven't traced yet.
stowbillybob

Loudonville, OH

#22 Feb 19, 2008
why dont they wait until ALL the beef is eaten to recall it? whats better - why recall it at all if thousands of americans have already eaten beef possibly contaminated with mad cow disease?
ramon

Cleveland, OH

#23 Feb 19, 2008
Exhippie wrote:
Face it. This is largely punitive and instrumented by animal rights whackos.
Lets send all the sick unable to walk or stand cow meat to you for immediate consumption. Maybe it can make you smarter or better yet kill ya.
no name

Akron, OH

#27 Feb 19, 2008
Spirit of Reagan wrote:
Bob Geldof - Activist in Africa says:
Mr. Geldof praised Mr. Bush for his work in delivering billions to fight disease and poverty in Africa, and blasted the U.S. press for ignoring the achievement.
Mr. Bush, said Mr. Geldof, "has done more than any other president so far." SOR Note - This includes Bill Clinton , America's First Black President.
"This is the triumph of American policy really," he said. "It was probably unexpected of the man. It was expected of the nation, but not of the man, but both rose to the occasion."
"What's in it for [Mr. Bush]? Absolutely nothing," Mr. Geldof said
post yur comments on the right subject--this is about APS and bad meat that they and other school districts had supplied to them, not about Mr. Bush.
blame it on the mayor

Doylestown, OH

#29 Feb 19, 2008
It's the mayor's fault.
Cutie

Cleveland, OH

#30 Feb 19, 2008
Oh My Gosh!! You people are so ignorant! Blaming the schools for bad meat?? Come on and get a life!! All the fast food restaurants that you consume have been using the same meat. Quit blaming the schools on everything. I am ashamed of these boards because it shows just how ignorant Akron is. Grow up and take a look around you and QUIT BLAMING SCHOOLS FOR EVERYTHING! Take responsibility for your own actions. If you want to complain about the schools then get up off your lazy butts and go and teach!! You will find out it is not easy to deal with brats that have parents like you!!
diamonds

Mansfield, OH

#31 Feb 19, 2008
Spirit of Reagan wrote:
Bob Geldof - Activist in Africa says:
Mr. Geldof praised Mr. Bush for his work in delivering billions to fight disease and poverty in Africa, and blasted the U.S. press for ignoring the achievement.
Mr. Bush, said Mr. Geldof, "has done more than any other president so far." SOR Note - This includes Bill Clinton , America's First Black President.
"This is the triumph of American policy really," he said. "It was probably unexpected of the man. It was expected of the nation, but not of the man, but both rose to the occasion."
"What's in it for [Mr. Bush]? Absolutely nothing," Mr. Geldof said
I cant figure out what this has to do with aps meat,but anyway,africa has diamonds,bless ya bush,lol,guess what afganastan has? rubies? right,guess what iraq has? more gems? yep,bless ya bush,anyone for a burger....? oh yea forgot bk in the vietnam days,guess what they had? well still do,yeppers,sapphires....war is hell,but me thinks isrl,loves it....is iran next? hell yes,and bad meat,thats just the begining,first they take your grill,lol....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rootstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
accurate staffing partners with two largest loc... Dec 22 Tkennedy 1
Tallmadge police arrest Akron man in theft of p... Dec 14 Lucas Mccain 1
Samuel D Faulkner, Use of Force expert exposed ... (Oct '13) Nov '14 youre no daisy 6
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Nov '14 Riff 139
Moving to Ravenna Nov '14 liedto2o14 3
LETTER: Urges passage of Mogadore school levy Oct '14 Mark H 1
Brimfield police chief offers Kent State studen... Oct '14 uggghhhhh 1
Rootstown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rootstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rootstown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rootstown

Personal Finance