Family sues Springetts police over sh...

Family sues Springetts police over shooting

There are 9 comments on the York Dispatch story from Apr 11, 2008, titled Family sues Springetts police over shooting. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

The family of a Wrightsville man killed in the Springettsbury Township police station last summer has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit in federal court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

c3daddyo

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#1 Apr 11, 2008
Well, another fine the fine officers of this area have gotten themselves into.
Gwen

Marshall, VA

#2 Apr 11, 2008
They were cleared of a "mess"
altlandf

Scotch Plains, NJ

#3 Apr 11, 2008
COVER-UP! COVER-UP! Why don't the police want the family to see the video tape? Do they have something to hide? I think so. The cop was a coward plain and simple. Who shoots a person in the back. This is a problem with DA Rebert. He always likes to let the police off the hook. A couple years ago a guy lived on Walnut St in York. He was off his medication because the pharmist wouldn't give it to him. The neibhors repeatly to the police he has a mental illness. But that didn't stop the police from beating him and killing him with the flashlights they carry. A state trooper seen a person with an expired inspection sticker. He turned around and gave this real big law breaker chase. In doing so the trooper crossed the center line a killed a guy on a motorcycle. All over a $25 fine. DA Rebert mailed this trooper a $450 fine. If this would have been a regular person they would have been charged with vehicular manslaughter.

c3daddyo

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#4 Apr 11, 2008
Gwen wrote:
They were cleared of a "mess"
Then why not let the family see the video tape? They must be hiding something! The attorney will get a hold of it as evidence, why not just let them watch it. Maybe then the lawsuit will be dropped.
Was there

Riverside, NJ

#5 Apr 11, 2008
"They want to get at the truth," the lawyer said. "Closure is a very important thing, and the family needs closure..
I was in that store and watched the same slug fest in the Giant as the one described by police. My wife and kids were waiting in the car. I told her before he was even taken from the store that the guy they were bringing out was in there trying to kill someone, fighting tooth and nail.
The children lost the "bread winner" long before his death or he would not have been what appeared to me, to be robbing the Giant at 1130 at night and fighting like a wild dog not to get away--ohh no--he was fighting to injure.
His apparent robbery of the Giant that night, his death, and a nice law suit will finally be the "bread winning" he was out to do after all.
just because

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Apr 11, 2008
I can't wait to see you police bashers eat your words when it comes out once again that Officer Utter was indeed in a fight for his life. What stupid comments are you going to have then? Let me guess...you'll say something like the officer should have left this guy him beat him up and shoot him with his gun, that's what a cop's job is, he knew the risks when he pinned on the badge. Do you think maybe this guy got just what he was looking for? He tried to hang himself and that didn't work so he decided to go for suicide by cop. All you cop haters blame the police as individuals are no longer responsible for their actions, it's the police's fault, no matter what really happened. When all else fails blame the cops. The irony is who do you call when no one else can help you, the same "cops" you love to bash all the time.
LIFE_AINT_A_RAP_ SONG

York, PA

#7 Apr 11, 2008
I think we have reached a point in our society where we have to stop, and take a look-see as to what the real problems are. And no mater what tale you hear from whatever newspaper from whatever town, it is always the same! Its always the police officers fault for enforcing the law!! Its never the criminals fault, NEVER! THe police should have done this, the police should have done that, the police weren't rained enough for the other! I say, lets go back, way back... when it comes to policing, Why don't we take away, the mace, the tazers, and the humane restraints!! Lets equip the cops with the wooden nightsticks and a pistol!! This only gives the criminal two possible outcomes when he decides to resist the arrest. He gets a well served beatdown or he gets shot!! Pure and Simple!!! Break the law, fight the cops... end result is pain and possibly death!! Lets clean this town up right. Lets get medieval on these freeloading victimizing aholes.

I know what I said is over the top! But, when did we start rewarding the families of these aholes for these illegal actions by these freeloaders! Maybe, everyone that was in the Giant that night should sue that family, for not doing enough to prevent this ahole from doing all that he did! Now that would be justice.

As for the cop, good job in defending your own life!! And you should sleep soundly every night knowing you were forced to react and Its obvious that this could have gone the other way and I for one and quite satisfied by this outcome. After all, you only entered that cell to try and same him!!!!!
altlandf

Scotch Plains, NJ

#8 Apr 11, 2008
just because wrote:
I can't wait to see you police bashers eat your words when it comes out once again that Officer Utter was indeed in a fight for his life. What stupid comments are you going to have then? Let me guess...you'll say something like the officer should have left this guy him beat him up and shoot him with his gun, that's what a cop's job is, he knew the risks when he pinned on the badge. Do you think maybe this guy got just what he was looking for? He tried to hang himself and that didn't work so he decided to go for suicide by cop. All you cop haters blame the police as individuals are no longer responsible for their actions, it's the police's fault, no matter what really happened. When all else fails blame the cops. The irony is who do you call when no one else can help you, the same "cops" you love to bash all the time.
Officer Utter or what ever his name was should be charged for murder. Most police were in the military before they becames a police officer. They should be trained to handle situations like this. When he was raising cain in the Giant store the police should have had plenty of backup. There was no reason to shoot an unarmed person in the back. If Officer Utter followed procedure right I feel the guy would be alive today. Another thing that raises an eyebrow why won't DA and the police allow the family see the tape? If they seen the tape they might change their mind and save having to go to a trial. I feel there is something on the tape the police don't want the family to see.
Carp Derby

Tuscaloosa, AL

#9 Apr 11, 2008
altlandf, you're a retarded mother efing moron... you have no idea what bullshit you're muttering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breeder Thelma Blank & Keystone Puppies sold mi... (Sep '13) Mar '18 Ronee 11
Intercourse Music Thread (Nov '14) Feb '18 Intercourses 6
jamie Finnefrock trump rant guy (Nov '16) Aug '17 Nik 4
**FlatLine's Intercourse Last Post Wins Thread** (Jun '17) Aug '17 Princess Hey 25
Review: VP Auto World LLC (Aug '15) May '17 Sunshine 2
News As Wall Street Thrives, America's Little Guy Ch... (Feb '17) May '17 pulte pollutes 2
kyle Finnefrock Yoders Restaurant (Nov '16) Nov '16 ok 1

Ronks Jobs

Personal Finance

Ronks Mortgages