Allentown Burned Pyrotechnics Worker,...

Allentown Burned Pyrotechnics Worker, 2 Citations Only Marks Ag...

There are 12 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 6, 2008, titled Allentown Burned Pyrotechnics Worker, 2 Citations Only Marks Ag.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Allentown police issued only two fireworks citations and reported no injuries during this year's Fourth of July celebrations in the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Steve

Parker Ford, PA

#1 Jul 6, 2008
I guess the APD...didn't want to be bothered with it...just go down town and you'll see the streets littered with the debris from these morons who were lighting off fireworks..and of course leaving their mess for someone else to clean up!
sick of it

Allentown, PA

#2 Jul 6, 2008
If that is the worst thing that happend, then it was a good day. I also heard lots of firworks going off in my neighorhood, big deal, it was the 4th. It will all be cleaned up and life will go on.
Jackkk

Macungie, PA

#3 Jul 6, 2008
How about reporting on some of the fireworks shows in the area?
We were in Breinigsville and it was the a great show.
Abe Lincoln

Allentown, PA

#4 Jul 6, 2008
APD recieved 162 complaints and only followed through in writing citations on 2 of them? Heck we dont' even know if those citations were a result of the complaints or the result of an officer stumbling upon the situation. Sounds like next year Allentown is the place to leight my illegals fireworks.

Plus I am a white guy, so they won't automatically assume I am guilty of something when they do show up.
MALICE

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Jul 6, 2008
Abe Lincoln wrote:
APD recieved 162 complaints and only followed through in writing citations on 2 of them? Heck we dont' even know if those citations were a result of the complaints or the result of an officer stumbling upon the situation. Sounds like next year Allentown is the place to leight my illegals fireworks.
Plus I am a white guy, so they won't automatically assume I am guilty of something when they do show up.
you have no idea what you're talking about. do the math, 162 complaints in 3 hours (just for fireworks), maybe 17 officers on the street...yeah it's realistic that everyone get a citation. especially since there's no way to prove who set it off, if they're even there when the police get there. let someone blow their finger off, that's justice enough. if you don't have a legitimate complaint quit whining
Abe Lincoln

Allentown, PA

#6 Jul 6, 2008
MALICE wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no idea what you're talking about. do the math, 162 complaints in 3 hours (just for fireworks), maybe 17 officers on the street...yeah it's realistic that everyone get a citation. especially since there's no way to prove who set it off, if they're even there when the police get there. let someone blow their finger off, that's justice enough. if you don't have a legitimate complaint quit whining
Overall, Allentown police received 162 fireworks complaints betetween midnight Thursday and 3 a.m. Saturday, Manescu said.

Last time I checked that span was longer than 3 hours. Double check your information.

Also, I don't know this to be true; but Allentown MUST have more than 17 officers on duty at any given time; especially on one of the biggest weekends for getting drunk outside and acting like a knucklehead...they probably had at least 20 officers policing the crowds at the fireworks. Again that is speculation but I would be willing to bet my next paycheck they have more than 17 for all of Allentown

In the future don't pop off until you know what you are talking about.
cops

Coopersburg, PA

#7 Jul 6, 2008
Abe Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Overall, Allentown police received 162 fireworks complaints betetween midnight Thursday and 3 a.m. Saturday, Manescu said.
Last time I checked that span was longer than 3 hours. Double check your information.
Also, I don't know this to be true; but Allentown MUST have more than 17 officers on duty at any given time; especially on one of the biggest weekends for getting drunk outside and acting like a knucklehead...they probably had at least 20 officers policing the crowds at the fireworks. Again that is speculation but I would be willing to bet my next paycheck they have more than 17 for all of Allentown
In the future don't pop off until you know what you are talking about.
Actually 17 sounds quite high for APD to have on at one time. Stop speculating on things you know nothing about.(most platoons have around 15 or so.
Mike

Harrisburg, PA

#8 Jul 6, 2008
I'm sick of morons calling in fireworks complaints. Get over it; it's the 4th of July. Fireworks are a traditon here in America on that day. Maybe that's the problem...there aren't many Americans in Allentown anymore.
lehigh valley

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 6, 2008
cops wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually 17 sounds quite high for APD to have on at one time. Stop speculating on things you know nothing about.(most platoons have around 15 or so.
I can guarantee you that APD has more than 15 officers on a night shift at one time. They have four separate platoons. The fourth platoon (which is broken up into three separate groups A, B, & C)only works strickly nights and they also have a power shift that works from 7pm to 3am, plus one of the three other platoons is going to be working the 11pm to 7am shift. Therefore, there is a large amount of APD officers working at one time. The other platoons (1, 2, & 3) have at least 25 officers on each one. Plus the Vice dept. has two separate groups that cover days and nights.
cops

Coopersburg, PA

#11 Jul 8, 2008
lehigh valley wrote:
<quoted text>
I can guarantee you that APD has more than 15 officers on a night shift at one time. They have four separate platoons. The fourth platoon (which is broken up into three separate groups A, B, & C)only works strickly nights and they also have a power shift that works from 7pm to 3am, plus one of the three other platoons is going to be working the 11pm to 7am shift. Therefore, there is a large amount of APD officers working at one time. The other platoons (1, 2, & 3) have at least 25 officers on each one. Plus the Vice dept. has two separate groups that cover days and nights.
The officers on one platoon don't equal to 25. You have 2 officers in each truck, then one officer in about 10 other vehicles if you're lucky and nobody is out sick.

Vice officers also are not on regular patrol and are not dispatched to calls like regular patrol officers.

There is also the CID, Youth, and traffic divisions but they also are not on regular patrol.
lehigh valley

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jul 8, 2008
cops wrote:
<quoted text>
The officers on one platoon don't equal to 25. You have 2 officers in each truck, then one officer in about 10 other vehicles if you're lucky and nobody is out sick.
Vice officers also are not on regular patrol and are not dispatched to calls like regular patrol officers.
There is also the CID, Youth, and traffic divisions but they also are not on regular patrol.
Well seeing that I look at the police schedule everyday when I am scheduling hearings and have to check the platoon lists constantly, I do believe that I am right.
cops

Coopersburg, PA

#13 Jul 24, 2008
lehigh valley wrote:
<quoted text>
Well seeing that I look at the police schedule everyday when I am scheduling hearings and have to check the platoon lists constantly, I do believe that I am right.
Well, since I work for APD I think you would be incorrect. sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Intercourse Music Thread (Nov '14) Feb '16 Musikologist 3
Breeder Thelma Blank & Keystone Puppies sold mi... (Sep '13) Feb '16 Beyond Belief 8
I'm From Arkansas! (Jul '10) Aug '15 FU 7
Review: VP Auto World LLC (Aug '15) Aug '15 Hollyrm 1
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'Forbidden Knowledge' on Di... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bill 1
News Willow Street man is charged with stealing from... (Oct '09) Nov '14 steve 4
Female nudes (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ejstrayer 1

Ronks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ronks Mortgages