Family protests Palmyra fireworks

Family protests Palmyra fireworks

There are 5 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Aug 22, 2010, titled Family protests Palmyra fireworks. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Thousands of Palmyra residents filled Fireman's Park Saturday afternoon for a day of fun and fellowship for the Old Fashioned Community picnic, but a small group of residents were there to send a different message.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

Lebanon, PA

#1 Aug 22, 2010
Come back to reality people and grow up, you attended the fireworks show under your own free will, common sense should tell you that if your going to see a show where something is fired several feet into the air and explodes it is probably a good idea to sit further away, just in case an ACCIDENT were to happen. You people are pathetic. If it were my child, yeah, I would be upset because they got hurt in an ACCIDENT, but it would have been MY choice and MY choice only to sit where I sat.
Oh Yeah

Palmyra, PA

#2 Aug 22, 2010
Here we go..... looking for an easy payday. The kid cuts his hair to look decent and the parents are now crying that their lives were ruined for the summer. Next time use some common sense and sit further than 300 feet from the launch point. "I have no common sense.... pay me!" Another butt sucking lawyer looking for a quick percentage.
Bout Time

Lancaster, PA

#3 Aug 22, 2010
Oh Yeah, Reality,
Someone should stick a hot poker in your eye. It was more than an accident. The tubes were set up wrong and not secured well enough.

Palmyra, PA

#4 Aug 22, 2010
I was one of the protesters and I find it crazy that people are bashing this women. People need to do some research and find out about this company. Many Injuries caused over a period of a few years. They need to be held accountable. As far as the borough goes, How hard is it for them to at least contact her and acknowledge her sons injury. You cannot just ignore what happened and brush it under the rug. The unidentified man i got into it with was yelling saying if "he had a pot of hot coffee he would dump it all over her and her son right there" It comes down to the fact that unless something affects you or your children...most people just don't care. She needs some support and I would love to see the borough give her a call!

Lebanon, PA

#5 Aug 22, 2010
This lady's son was not the only one injured, there were approximately 12 injuries, yeah people feel bad for the little fella, as do I, but as I clearly stated before, it was an ACCIDENT. I have been to numerous fireworks displays, put on by Zambelli, Scgaeffer and others. Things happen when you play with explosives. AGAIN as stated before, it was their choice to sit that close, they were not offered or promised anything as an incentive to sit there, THAT WAS THEIR OWN CHOICE. Sitting that close is like standing in a puddle of gasoline and lighting a match. As far as the protestors, rahter than waste your time standing around why don't you spend time with the little fella and cheer him up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Intercourse Music Thread (Nov '14) Feb '16 Musikologist 3
Breeder Thelma Blank & Keystone Puppies sold mi... (Sep '13) Feb '16 Beyond Belief 8
I'm From Arkansas! (Jul '10) Aug '15 FU 7
Review: VP Auto World LLC (Aug '15) Aug '15 Hollyrm 1
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'Forbidden Knowledge' on Di... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bill 1
News Willow Street man is charged with stealing from... (Oct '09) Nov '14 steve 4
News Family protests Palmyra fireworks (Aug '10) Mar '13 palmyra nursing h... 33

Ronks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ronks Mortgages