Ronkonkoma man killed in car crash -

Full story: Newsday

A Ronkonkoma man driving eastbound on the Long Island Expressway service road was killed Monday night in a single-car accident in Brentwood.
Comments
1 - 20 of 147 Comments Last updated Oct 21, 2011
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
N8tive NYR

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Tragically, this is the second son of this family to die in a car accident. My heart is bleeding for this family.
Dont Forget to Speed

Merrifield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

...and no seat belts. There so confining.
Erica

Somers, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

All the things that are goigng on these days with people speeding and getting in accidents has sky rocketed and no one changes. This guy shouldnt have been speeding and he wouldnt have died
heartbroken

Orangeburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

heartbreak again for the vento family this is the second son to die in a horrific car accident their first son died also died in a car accident years ago
gng

Ridgewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Nowhere does it say he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. RIP
god bless

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

im really sorry for what happend.
so sad

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

my brother and sisters know the ventos very well and so does my mom and dad and i really must say im sorry for there loose i couldnt even imgaine the pain they are going thru. god bless the hole family.!!
WeWillMissYou

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Long Island Raceway
Flushing, NY wrote:
'Maybe the rest of the family should take a bus from now on.'
Maybe you should have a heart and not make jokes about something so tragic. Try losing two sons to car accidents.
RIP Vento <3
Who

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

I'm so sorry. His brother was my good friend and we lost him 7 years ago this summer. Now this family has to endure yet another horrific tragedy. Please people have a heart before posting your thoughtless comments. This family needs your prayers not your idiotic statements. God Bless the Vento family.
God Bless

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

How dare anyone say anything negative about this situation. You have No idea what was going on and why his seatbelt wasnt on. The nerve of people to point fingers and say they must teach there children better. If you knew anything someone had ran a stop sign and killed the first son who was wearing a seatbelt.

Can you sit here and tell me you have never gone one mile over the speed limit. I am sure you ARE NOT PERFECT. Try going through a tragic event like this twice. Shame on anyone who has no heart and consideration for what could of led up to these events. People make me sick and for those that wrote such negative comments ..get some help on how to speak to people. Its scary that people like you can influence other peoples lives and if you have children.. i hope they dont turn out like you.
Faust

Addison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

A seatbelt and airbag help to keep you in the car and not in the roadway.

Wearing a seatbelt isn't an option, its the LAW.
pat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Long Island Raceway wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the rest of the family should take a bus from now on.
YOU'RE AN IDIOT, IS THIS YOUR WARPED AND TWISTED ATTEMPT TO GET A LAUGH AND ATTENTION. YOU ARE AN A HOLE.
REST IN PEACE TO THE YOUNG MAN AND MY SYMPATHY AND PRAYERS TO THE FAMILY
mom of anthonys friend

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

May God pour out his grace, peace and love on the Vento family.
Ronk

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

I can't even believe the negative things people are writing on here. No one has any right to say anything bad about someone especially if you do not know the person or the situation. I happen to know Anthony was an amazing guy and maybe he was speeding and possibly not wearing his seatbelt.. but who knows maybe he was in a rush or it just slipped his mind... don't act like it never does with you because no one is perfect. Right now the Vento family needs our support and prayers not such harsh cruel words. I'll also prayer for the people saying such hurtful negative things and hope that you'll be able to have a kinder heart. You don't know the details so please just be respectful.
God Bless

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Rox in Sox wrote:
My condolences to the family. However, when the first son died, the second son should have taken the hint. SLOW DOWN!
Take a hint.. with what that the first son WASNT driving, wearing a seatbelt and SOMEONE else ran a stop sign.. take a hint and have some compassion
God Bless

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Bleacher wrote:
I imagine this family gets a discount at the local funeral home.
How dare you even say such a thing. You are a cruel and miserable person. I imagine you to be a depressed individual that needs mental help. People like you are the reason our world is screwed up.
Matt

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

There are some real losers posting negative messages here. Obviously they are lonely people, sick, fat, unliked, ect. They need to get a life of their own. So just take a moment from your pathetic lives to show some class.
The Vento's are really the nicest people i know, a great family, and this just seams unfair that they need to deal with another tradgedy.
Condolences
Blackler

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Do you know Jesus? He has a plan for this young man and his family. RIP
suffolk

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

ftr wrote:
<quoted text>
What sick and evil people inhabit my space here on Long Island. It makes my skin crawl the coldness and heartlessness all around me. You will get yours. We all eventually have to pay for our words and deeds. You will pay
These comments are tame compared to what I've read in the past. As an aside, the LIE Service Road is generally a race to beat other drivers to the next light. The speed limit is on average 30-40 MPH. I installed extra brake lights on my car in an attempt to slow down the tailgaiters a little. RIP, I feel bad for that poor family for their tragic loss.
EX-LI

Swedesboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

The Vento family has suffered a terrible loss and for anybody to be making insensitive comments is just plain heartless. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and I am very sorry for their loss. No parent should have to experience the loss of a child.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ronkonkoma Discussions

Search the Ronkonkoma Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr CowardlYID Fkrs 114,979
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 3 hr death b4 dishonor 1,312
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr positronium 6,340
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Redumblican Teabagger 6,359
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 12 hr Sham Hannuty 16,777
Review: Edp Dental Plan (Jan '10) Mon helen smith 30
Giant Garage Sale Jul 21 Charlie 12
•••
•••

Ronkonkoma News Video

•••
Ronkonkoma Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ronkonkoma Jobs

•••