Water causing flood to Charles Court ...

Water causing flood to Charles Court can't be diverted

There are 79 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 9, 2007, titled Water causing flood to Charles Court can't be diverted. In it, Newsday reports that:

In another blow to flooded residents of the Charles Court area of Lake Ronkonkoma, a Smithtown official said the town can't shut off the pipe that pumps water into the lake because diverting the water to nearby ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
John

Bronx, NY

#65 Aug 2, 2007
Your post is simply untrue. Please stop posting this wrong information. The meeting is on 8/22 as posted.
Pandadoll wrote:
Erin Brachovich wrote:
To: All Residents
RE: Flooding Concerns
Meeting: Hyatt Wind Watch Hotel
717 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
Rooms D & E
Date & Time: 8/22/07 Wednesday 7 PM to 9:30 PM
***Correction!!!***
This meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, 8/23/07 due to a clerical error. We appologize for any inconvienience.
Pandadoll

Bronx, NY

#66 Aug 2, 2007
RE: Flooding Concerns
Meeting: Hyatt Wind Watch Hotel
717 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
Rooms D & E
Date & Time: 8/22/07 Wednesday 7 PM to 9:30 PM
***Correction!!!***
This meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, 8/23/07 due to a clerical error. We appologize for any inconvienience.
***Correction!!!***

This IS true, I work for Hyatt, and there has been a scheduling error. Don't blame me if you show up on the wrong day!!

Since: Mar 07

Great Neck, NY

#67 Aug 3, 2007
Pandadoll wrote:
RE: Flooding Concerns
Meeting: Hyatt Wind Watch Hotel
717 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
Rooms D & E
Date & Time: 8/22/07 Wednesday 7 PM to 9:30 PM
***Correction!!!***
This meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, 8/23/07 due to a clerical error. We appologize for any inconvienience.
***Correction!!!***
This IS true, I work for Hyatt, and there has been a scheduling error. Don't blame me if you show up on the wrong day!!
Your very intriguing - I wonder who you really are? Why your persistant controvercy - Recognition? Publicity? It will all come out in the wash! Be careful.......

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#68 Aug 20, 2007
Erin Brachovich wrote:
To: All Residents
RE: Flooding Concerns
Meeting: Hyatt Wind Watch Hotel
717 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
Rooms D & E
Date & Time: 8/22/07 Wednesday 7 PM to 9:30 PM
Who should attend:
-Residents who are currently flood victims
-Residents who are concerned how the flooding can cause financial implications and decrease the value of their property as well as the surrounding community
A meeting for 500 flood victims will be held to inform the ground water victims of the extent of their dilemma and launch a drive to unite everyone from all communities into a political force that can effectively gain the attention and action we need to get a permanent solution.
Your neighbors have organized this community organization to ensure all concerns are heard and to keep all neighbors aware of the research as well as our progress. We now ask for your support to help save our community.
Please mark your calendar and be sure to spread the word to everyone who needs to be at this meeting
Thank you for the information
Pandadoll

Bronx, NY

#69 Aug 21, 2007
The whole area of that Ronkonkoma area has been neglected for so many years, what do you expect. White trash brinks trash living. Those that live there deserve the conditions they live. Then the idiots that buy the cheap houses complain. DUH! Don't move there then! Idiots.

Since: Mar 07

Great Neck, NY

#70 Aug 22, 2007
Pandadoll wrote:
The whole area of that Ronkonkoma area has been neglected for so many years, what do you expect. White trash brinks trash living. Those that live there deserve the conditions they live. Then the idiots that buy the cheap houses complain. DUH! Don't move there then! Idiots.
Did you ever hear the old saying - if you have nothing good to say - SHUT UP! You seem very well aquainted with white trash - go crawl back under your rock and stay there!
Curious

Central Islip, NY

#71 Aug 22, 2007
Flood Spreading FAST wrote:
<quoted text>
A resident who lives near Wedgewood Court in Ronkonkoma said this area was hit hard on the rain storm we had 2 weeks ago. They never had flooding and it was an absolute disaster there. Does anyone know why? Is this related to the pipe or did something else happen...
I don't know but I live in the Charles Ct area and usually get water after small amounts of rain. It rained for 2 days straight, pretty hard, and I have NO WATER. Maybe the summer heat has dropped the level somewhat or something else is behind the mystery. Either way I'm in shock and can't wait to get to tonight's meeting.
Pandadoll

Bronx, NY

#72 Aug 22, 2007
Who cares anyway if the homeowners lose out on a stupid mistake they did when they bought there! As I stated, I lived there and sold my home to the sucker that bought it! Lucky for me, when I lived there, the house was willed to me. I immediately saw the problems by doing research and chose to MOVE. THere were sever suckers that actually wanted to move into my house when it was for sale, and I suckered the idiot that payed $20k more than the rest. LOL what an idiot he was. Now he complains and is looking for someone to bail him out... get real!
Pandadoll

Bronx, NY

#73 Aug 22, 2007
REMINDER!!!!

To: All Residents
RE: Flooding Concerns
Meeting: Hyatt Wind Watch Hotel
717 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
Rooms D & E
Date & Time: 8/23/07 Wednesday 7 PM to 9:30 PM
Pandadoll

Bronx, NY

#74 Aug 22, 2007
REMINDER!!!!

To: All Residents
RE: Flooding Concerns
Meeting: Hyatt Wind Watch Hotel
717 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
Rooms D & E
Date & Time: 8/23/07 Thursday 7 PM to 9:30 PM
wiw

Rochester, NY

#75 Aug 22, 2007
Remember when there was permanent water across Smithtown blvd just west of the Bavarian because of the water level of the lake?
What the

AOL

#77 Aug 29, 2007
wiw wrote:
Remember when there was permanent water across Smithtown blvd just west of the Bavarian because of the water level of the lake?
Yes and this would make sense with the Pipe From Browns Road over flowing the Bog all these years on and off. AND I BET that when they raised the street to stop the overflow THAT IS WHY (with other variables - high water table, etc) that the people on Charles Court and surrounding areas Flooded Out.

If you residents are out there please inquire about this and do your homework! This may help you

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#78 Sep 8, 2007
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it time and it will be you with the groundwater problem, it's happening all over the island, slowly but surely.
Keep on building on every square inch you can, it just redirevts the groundwater, coming soon to a neighborhood by you,
even YOUR neighborhood.
I agree - Here is a perfect example:
Has anyone heard of the Condos being built at the Hyatt Windwatch Hotel Property on the Golf Course? It expected to generate 54 thousand gallons of WATER PER DAY it will go thru a sewer type of treatment plant and then be placed into the ground water. Does anyone have any idea where it will go since the ground is already inundated with water? HAUPPAUGE, SMITHTOWN, RONKONKOMA - AND KEEP GOING.....

Everyone who not a flood victim - be sure to get involved with your local leaders as this will probably make you one.
What the

AOL

#79 Sep 17, 2007
Flood Spreading FAST wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - Here is a perfect example:
Has anyone heard of the Condos being built at the Hyatt Windwatch Hotel Property on the Golf Course? It expected to generate 54 thousand gallons of WATER PER DAY it will go thru a sewer type of treatment plant and then be placed into the ground water. Does anyone have any idea where it will go since the ground is already inundated with water? HAUPPAUGE, SMITHTOWN, RONKONKOMA - AND KEEP GOING.....
Everyone who not a flood victim - be sure to get involved with your local leaders as this will probably make you one.
How can the towns allow this if they know of the ground water problems? Has this been finalized
willow

Rye, NY

#80 Jul 24, 2009
Pandadoll wrote:
Who cares anyway if the homeowners lose out on a stupid mistake they did when they bought there! As I stated, I lived there and sold my home to the sucker that bought it! Lucky for me, when I lived there, the house was willed to me. I immediately saw the problems by doing research and chose to MOVE. THere were sever suckers that actually wanted to move into my house when it was for sale, and I suckered the idiot that payed $20k more than the rest. LOL what an idiot he was. Now he complains and is looking for someone to bail him out... get real!
pandadoll?--pandadog!!!
Brielle

New Rochelle, NY

#81 Feb 7, 2010
Pandadoll wrote:
Sears has boats on sale...
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do...
Walmart too...
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do...
(oars included!)
the oar thing is getting old,and making it very transparent that your a callous beep
Duh

Centereach, NY

#82 Apr 5, 2012
DO NOT BUY ANY HOUSES THAT ARE LISTED FOR SALE ON CHARLES COURT. THE BLOCK IS HALF VACANT AND YOU WOULD NOT BE ASKING YOUR NEIGHBOR TO BORROW SOME SUGAR LOL. WHAT A SHAME! THE TOWN OF SMITHTOWN IS TO BLAME FOR THE DELCINE OF THE AREA. THE WATER IS STILL THERE, JUST NOT AT THE SURFACE. THE TOWN IS PATIENTLY WAITING FOR EVERYONE TO VACATE SO THEY WON'T HAVE TO PAY ANYONE OFF. THEY CAN JUST COME IN AFTER EVERYONE GIVES UP THEIR LIVES AND HOMES, BULLDOZE AND START A NEW MONEY MAKING PROJECT. DISGUSTING & APPAULING. I HOPE THAT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND ANYONE AT THE TOWN INVOLVED IN THAT NIGHTMARE ENDURE SOME OF WHAT THOSE RESIDENTS HAVE HAD TO ENDURE ALL THESE YEARS! SHAME SHAME SHAME
Sal T

Ridge, NY

#83 Apr 6, 2012
Charles Ct.....The Love Canal of LI
Long Gone

Centereach, NY

#84 Apr 12, 2012
Sal T wrote:
Charles Ct.....The Love Canal of LI
Except there's no love....it's dirty and bad things happen on that block when no on is looking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronkonkoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Suffolk County Courts so incompetent an... (Jul '06) Jul 28 heynowpeople 93
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Jul 27 El Cacique 1,387
News Suffolk kennel club brings newcomers, dog-show ... Jul 27 Morgan Avila 1
Home Instead Happauge fired me After Report irr... Jul 24 Home Instead 1
Suffolk TB Sanitorium, Selden, NY (Apr '09) Jul 22 Albert 7
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Jul 22 WolfOfWallStreet 16
ILoveKickboxing- Lake Grove Jul 22 Lucy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ronkonkoma Mortgages