Man Brutally Stabbed In Bed During Ro...

Man Brutally Stabbed In Bed During Robbery

There are 10 comments on the CW11 New York WPIX-TV story from Sep 26, 2009, titled Man Brutally Stabbed In Bed During Robbery. In it, CW11 New York WPIX-TV reports that:

A Ronkonkoma man is fighting for his life Friday, after police said he was brutally stabbed in an incident authorities are calling "a confrontational-type burglary." According to Suffolk County police, Roger Monteforte, 68, was in bed when he awoke to an intruder in his Matice Place home around 1:30 a.m.. The suspect, who reportedly became startled ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CW11 New York WPIX-TV.

Jack

Floral Park, NY

#1 Oct 1, 2009
I heard that this actually was an attempted suicide and he lied about a break-in. True?
wolfy

Farmingdale, NY

#2 Oct 1, 2009
i would love to comfirm that. my wife has been worried sick about this and other crimes recently committed in Ronkonkoma. we have had thing stolen right off our porch!! and a attempted home break in about 5 months ago.. we need more patrols!!!
Kelly

Bronx, NY

#3 Oct 1, 2009
Jack wrote:
I heard that this actually was an attempted suicide and he lied about a break-in. True?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! He is my Uncle and he leads a very happy active life. He is still hospitalized with tubes draining his lungs that were punctured during the stabbing, and is intebated. His liver was repaired, over 20 stab wounds, and he is diabetic. Very sad situation. Please pray for a speedy recovery.....
Jack

Floral Park, NY

#4 Oct 2, 2009
As I said, it's something I heard....didn't say I knew it was a fact. The truth is the media reports this horrible crimes and then we hear nothing else about it from them. The residents of Ronkonkoma would like to know the status of this case. The last we heard from the media was that the assailant got away and they couldn't identify him. Maybe if we actually had the truth rumors wouldn't start.
I have no idea who this man is, so how would I to know he lives a happy active life, seems like his own neighbors didn't know much about him either.....
wolfy

Farmingdale, NY

#5 Oct 2, 2009
Kelly, i wish your uncle a speedy and full recovery. i hope he can ID the pc of trash who did this to him and maybe get him off the street.
rollseyes

Madison, NJ

#6 Oct 2, 2009
Good luck with that Wofly. This is SCPD working the case, not a real department like NYPD. We had a bunch of home burglaries all mid afternoon within the same 3 block radius and all within the span of 2 or 3 weeks here in holtsville...you'd think after the first or second one SCPD would put somebody in the area but no...there was a 3rd and I believe a 4th. Not like they have anything better to do... These crimes were completely preventable but instead of action being taken, the department chooses to ignore it and spend their time doing more important things like sitting in parking lots.
Another one of my friends has a little brother who was robbed at knife point by some little gangster wannabe kids in a set of trails by the holbrook country club. My friends parents are furious that the department never followed through with any investigation...they filled out the report and never heard anything again from the department. Too busy to assign a detective to the case? What, not enough cops to chase down kids on mini bikes, guard parking lots so business owners don't need to hire Arrow Security AND deal with home burglaries and robberies at the same time?
Kelly, my thoughts are with your uncle and I hope he has a speedy recovery! I also *hope* justice is served!!
Kelly

AOL

#7 Oct 2, 2009
My Uncle has just had all the tubes rmoved last night and is speaking well. He will take some time to heal because of the Diabetes. I agree with you Jack about the media reporting their news. They never follow up with things. My Uncle Roger has not been able to speak due to the severity of his lungs. Now that he is progressing, we will find out more and I will post an update as soon as I can. He keeps to himself and doesn't bother anyone. Nobody deserves this. I am cofident Justice will prevail in time...
Mary Ann - Ronkonkoma

Yonkers, NY

#8 Oct 17, 2009
Kelly- I pray that your Uncle is doing well. I live in a 5-block proximity to your uncle's house and it is pretty unsettling to find this sort of thing in Ronkonkoma. I've lived here for 30 years and nothing of this magnitude has happened here before, as far as I know. I hope the police get all the facts and apprehends the person or persons responsible for this horrible crime. You're right, no one deserves this! Keep us posted on his progress. God bless all of your family members.
Honey and Lenny

Bridgeport, CT

#9 Oct 24, 2009
Heard this story on the news one night - sorry it took me so long to respond - We know a Roger Monteforte, age appropriate, from East New York, in Brooklyn, mother (Nettie) and father (Frank) owned a grocery store. Could this Roger be the same one???? If he is or isn't we wish him all the best and will pray for a speedy recovery. Please respond if it is the same Roger.e-mail address is as follows: [email protected]
Reed

West Babylon, NY

#10 Apr 16, 2012
That was my Uncle....Im not even kidding..Kelly how are you related?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronkonkoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brentwood Sonderling High School "Class of 1978" (Apr '06) 7 hr Ken 16
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 15 hr Van Buren St Guy 1,422
Gregory Sanzeri from La Fitness Smithtown 21 hr Anon 2
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) Mon Chimneyman39 331
News Petition drive underway to reopen Roberto Cleme... Mon clean it up Angie 6
Heroin Overdosed Centereach High School (Jan '09) Sun Relic 36
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) Aug 26 Go Blue Forever 212

Ronkonkoma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ronkonkoma Mortgages